Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Thank Bronya for your help, I just install your new driver with my Sapphire X1950 PRO 512MB PCIe, seem everything work fine

except QE/CI and I already try all solution on this tread but still have no luck. So can help me a little bit more, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

You do not forget write in terminal in single user boot :

sudo -s also enter the password root!

chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

REBOOT !

If it has not helped, you will accept the driver ATINDRV.kext from Jcool !

In general, if at you works QE/CI through DVI>VGA through ATY_Wormy, to at you should work QE/CI on DVI through my driver ATY_Alopias!

Hey Bronya,

It finally works! Kudos to you my friend.

The only thing I have noticed is that I get a secondary device showing up on the PCI bus in ASP. Its not a problem as the important one is working correctly.

Just to reiterate, my card is a Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512Mb AGP running through DVI - QE/CI, Rotation and resolution options all enabled.

Thanks again Bronya!

post-107899-1190132674_thumb.png

Scrizz and all , the post 1 is updated ! :(

lightvin, you edit info.plist in atitvout.kext and write in terminal :

kextload /system/library/extensions/atitvout.kext

sync

reboot

:)

^kaneda, you replace atiradeonx1000.kext and checkup ...

At me too not show TV... In the control panel adjustment TV does not show! How to include, I yet do not know...

Hi Bronya,

after a bit of fiddling - its all good now. Thanks so much!

Me using ASUS 1950 Pro 356MB PCIe.

one last thing. how do I get the ATI control panel installed.. in the jcool threat about the 1950xt is a post about a hacked install, but do I need to stick to a particular order and are the same steps needed ?

/Daz

Scrizz and all , the post 1 is updated ! :thumbsup_anim:

sync

reboot

At me too not show TV... In the control panel adjustment TV does not show! How to include, I yet do not know...

after i installed the full pack i lost ci and qe, and if i change the id in .plist i get a kernel panic...

Scrizz and all , the post 1 is updated ! :P

sync

reboot

Thank you Bronya.

Which modifications I must make "ATITVout"?

after i installed the full pack i lost ci and qe, and if i change the id in .plist i get a kernel panic...

You download ATI_ID_7288.zip in post 1 and the work :)

If does not work, show me a photo!

lightvin, nope modifications !

I try to find a problem...

Hi, does this pack work well on 1950GT PCIE 256MB?
Yes !
BTW, which card do you think is better, ATI 1950GT PCIE 256 or NV Geforce 7300GT PCIE 256?Thanks a lot!
This your desire, you can try difference of acceleration of a two videocards!
Hi Bronya,after a bit of fiddling - its all good now. Thanks so much!Me using ASUS 1950 Pro 356MB PCIe. one last thing. how do I get the ATI control panel installed.. in the jcool threat about the 1950xt is a post about a hacked install, but do I need to stick to a particular order and are the same steps needed ?/Daz
What for to you the driver from Jcool? If for you works excellently. That leave and play!

Yes !This your desire, you can try difference of acceleration of a two videocards!What for to you the driver from Jcool? If for you works excellently. That leave and play!

Hi, thank you for you help.

I need a card can do some finalcut work, and I just bought a 7300GT to replace the 1950GT, but now I need to reconsider it.

I will try this pack and report the result here. Thank you!

What for to you the driver from Jcool? If for you works excellently. That leave and play!

I use your driver package. But I think I saw on one of your screenshots that you have the ATi control panel. And I just wonder how you installed this...

I also saw in the jcool thread a post where the ATI 1900 package was installed (for the control panel) I just don't want to ruin my running system by trying it this way.

I use your driver package. But I think I saw on one of your screenshots that you have the ATi control panel. And I just wonder how you installed this...

I also saw in the jcool thread a post where the ATI 1900 package was installed (for the control panel) I just don't want to ruin my running system by trying it this way.

Bluejacky, ok !

dazulrich,You download https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.../MacX1900G5.dmg !

Download the latest X1900 G5 driver from ATI.

Now we need to trick the installer into thinking we have a PowerMac G5. The installer will use sysctl to check the hw.model attribute. We are just going to temporarily replace the sysctl binary with something that always outputs what we want. Copy it somewhere safe.

$ sudo cp /usr/sbin/sysctl /usr/sbin/sysctl.real

Replace sysctl with a file with this:

#!/bin/sh

echo "PowerMac11,2"

Make it executable:

$ sudo chmod +x /usr/sbin/sysctl

Run the installer just like anyone would. Do not restart your computer before completeing the next step.

Put the real sysctl back.

$ sudo mv /usr/sbin/sysctl.real /usr/sbin/sysctl

Everything should Just Work. You’ll now have an ATI Displays preference pane where you can tweak all of the “secret” options.

:D

Dimitrik Has finally done it , i have had no problems of my x1950pro with the previous build of drivers , but now the card is fully recognized under the system profiler , thats cool ! .. dont know about DVi , never used it , but i really think that what you did is a really great effort ... and you saved my card from being sold !

Thanks Dimitrik !!!!!!!!

Hi Bronya Hi All,

I do not understand one thing, Natit.kext. we need this kext or not with your new drivers?

i have a Saphire ATI X1950GT 256 PCIe on a DVI monitor.

i have not tried this new driver (17.9.2007) but before this any posted driver have done it.

Only a Natit.kext posted from Scrizz is able to detect as an ATI 1950 series and give me full resolution bu without CI/QE...

other drivers either do no recognize the card (ID 0x7288) or leave me on console text mode after running loginwindow.app ( maybe work on dvi->vga ?? cannot try this)

any help or explanation is very appreciated.

bye

Hi Bronya Hi All,

I do not understand one thing, Natit.kext. we need this kext or not with your new drivers?

i have a Saphire ATI X1950GT 256 PCIe on a DVI monitor.

i have not tried this new driver (17.9.2007) but before this any posted driver have done it.

Only a Natit.kext posted from Scrizz is able to detect as an ATI 1950 series and give me full resolution bu without CI/QE...

other drivers either do no recognize the card (ID 0x7288) or leave me on console text mode after running loginwindow.app ( maybe work on dvi->vga ?? cannot try this)

any help or explanation is very appreciated.

bye

You should have the new driver, it works on DVI and work QE/CI ! You should have natit.kext!!!