Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

@ m4x:

delete natit and use the files in this pack to replace the ones in your /system/library/extensions folder

x1950pro_7280_scrz.zip

and don't forget :D

sudo -s and enter your password

chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache

kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

REBOOT!!!

Enjoy!

thanks goes to Bronya :)

@m4x

:) boot into -s and remove /system/library/extensions/ATINDRV.kext

and remove /system/library/extensions.mkext

and remove /system/library/extensions.kextcache

and do a kextcache -k -z /system/library/exensions

@Bronya

Isn't Prionace for the HD2k series?

I'm curious......... ;)

As i can see AGP cards are also working, right?

Please, could someone post a complete installation method? I'm asking this because the whole method is spread all along this post and now is very long an not very intuitive to follow.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I tried all methods; but it's impossible to have the full resolution "1440x900" and Core Image and Quartz extrem in the same time, on my computer.

My graphic card is an Sapphire X1950 PRO 512MB AGP with HDCP (0x7280009a)

I'm using Uphuck v1.3 (10.4.9)

Has anybody had a solution for DVI or VGA (I don't need dualscreen) ? :)

Thanks !

Ok, didn't get it to work, and i'am a little bit confused.

My configuration is:

Sapphire x1950 Pro 512 AGP 2DVI-Out on JAS 10.4.8

First i installed jccools driverpack. Screensolution iss fine at 1680x1050 but no QE/CI. Ok, old problem but Bronya fixed this. So i installed the kext/plugins with sudo -s etc etc. No QE/CI. Then after reading all sites of this thread, i installed the natit.kext from Scrizz (the AGPthing), et viola QE Works but resolution iss 1440x900, editing com.apple.Boot.plist didn't change anything. Trying every natit this thread, bluescreen, nothing, kernelpanic, everything, but no working solution. Trying fixing it with DisplayConfigX => and {censored}ed up, didn't work.

What i do wrong? And i get mouseblurs when QE is active!

I have the exact same card with Dev ID = 0x72801002 running on uphuck's 10.4.9 and still can't get it to work correctly - I've done pretty much the same as the above poster with the same results but still to no avail.

@ m4x:

delete natit and use the files in this pack to replace the ones in your /system/library/extensions folder

x1950pro_7280_scrz.zip

and don't forget :D

thanks goes to Bronya ;)

Yup, I did that....

@scrizz: uhm, after installing i get kernel panic :)

Same thing happened here too...

@m4x

:angel: boot into -s and remove /system/library/extensions/ATINDRV.kext

and remove /system/library/extensions.mkext

and remove /system/library/extensions.kextcache

and do a kextcache -k -z /system/library/exensions

I followed Scrizz's instructions (delete Natit and use the files from "x1950pro_7280_scrz" then remove ATINDRV.kext) and now my system has a kernel panic when booting. Surely those two kexts need to be in the system to allow the hardware to work correctly.

Any help to get my system back and my graphics card working correctly would greatly be appreciated.

--R0GUE

Thanks Scrizz, I'll give it a whirl later when I get home from work. However, looking through the contents of this package it appears to contain the same files found in the original post from this thread. I'll post back as to whether it was successful or not.

The installer makes no difference to me I'm afraid. I get full resolution (1680x1050) and rotation, but no Core Image or QE support. This is all running through native DVI.

I'd just like to give thanks to all of the help this thread has given thus far ;)

Edit: I've added a screen shot from ASP to show the card in question.

I'm thinking that its either the Natit driver or a plugin thats causing the lack of hardware acceleration - i'm just not sure which one might be the culprit.

post-107899-1189697518_thumb.png

Thanks for the reply Scrizz.

I did as you said and low and behold, I now have QE/CI but no full res or rotation - oh, and the mouse glitch is back. Therefore the problem must be a dependency in Natit thats stopping my card from working in its entirety.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the only res I can get is 1024x768, if I change the boot.plist to 1680x1050 it'll revert back to 1440x1050. ASP also reports my card as being 256Mb rather than 512Mb.