Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Carnag, ...

Download the info.plist !-->Info.zip

Hi master,

I have tried it but probably I'm doing something wrong. :D

I deleted natid.kext and atidrv.kext then added ATY_Alopias.kext and repair permissions.

Please apologize my stupid questoin and could you tell me which driver should I use actually.

THX ;)

This is an SOS to Bronya. I had a perfectly working system with Uphuck 1.4i R2.

Then in upgrade quest I deleted that Uphuck installation and tried to install XXX_10.4.10. On XXX-10.4.10 I couldn't get QE & CI working with your new driver and couldn't even log in, was getting stuck on the blue screen after boot and so reinstalled Uphuck after re-formatting my Mac partition.

Now with your installer QE, CI or rotation is not working at all. On this same system just 2 days ago I had your driver install and work perfectly. Even your original driver one previously posted on page 1 was woking with QE and CI.

I am at an odds to debug this, I am just surprised what could go worng with a clean installation with nothing installed, I even selected the same options on the Uphuck installer that I did last time just to keep the system identical. I just cannot think of any variable that can affect this.

The only thing is last time I installed your original driver, had it working and then ran your new installer. Also one more thing I have noticedin the boot screen is device ID is coming twice, first as 0x72A0 and then as 0X7280 ( I think previously both time ti was coming 0x7290) In system profiler its shown as 7280 though. Am running out of ideas to debug this. Any thing you can think of that could have made the second install fail? Anything I can do and check?

This is an SOS to Bronya. I had a perfectly working system with Uphuck 1.4i R2.

Then in upgrade quest I deleted that Uphuck installation and tried to install XXX_10.4.10. On XXX-10.4.10 I couldn't get QE & CI working with your new driver and couldn't even log in, was getting stuck on the blue screen after boot and so reinstalled Uphuck after re-formatting my Mac partition.

Now with your installer QE, CI or rotation is not working at all. On this same system just 2 days ago I had your driver install and work perfectly. Even your original driver one previously posted on page 1 was woking with QE and CI.

I am at an odds to debug this, I am just surprised what could go worng with a clean installation with nothing installed, I even selected the same options on the Uphuck installer that I did last time just to keep the system identical. I just cannot think of any variable that can affect this.

The only thing is last time I installed your original driver, had it working and then ran your new installer. Also one more thing I have noticedin the boot screen is device ID is coming twice, first as 0x72A0 and then as 0X7280 ( I think previously both time ti was coming 0x7290) In system profiler its shown as 7280 though. Am running out of ideas to debug this. Any thing you can think of that could have made the second install fail? Anything I can do and check?

Yeah :) I have the same problem.

Hi Bronya,

I have tried it but probably I'm doing something wrong. :(

I deleted natid.kext and atidrv.kext then added ATY_Alopias.kext and repair permissions.

Please apologize my stupid questoin and could you tell me which driver should I use actually.

THX ;)

Hi Bronya,

I have tried it but probably I'm doing something wrong. :(

THX ;)

Yep ...

ATY_Alopias.kext in folder /system/library/extensions/ ...

Reboot ... Try ...

Ooops, that 7290 should be 7280! Ok, there is something weird happening.

I uninstalled the new driver, then rebooted and installed your original driver (posted just before you updated the page 1 on this thread). Then checked if I was getting CI and QE with that as I was the last time. I was.

I rebooted again and then installed your new driver. This time it was working perfectly as before. I do the permissions, kext cache and disk utility thing every time I install or uninstall. Confused.

Anyway I then installed PascalW 10.4.10 update and everything is working perfectly. Quite wierd but I am relieved I have got it working again. The verbose mode boot screen is still showing x72A0 and x07280 but thats not affecting the login or performance.

Thanks Bronya.

hi scrizz

thx for you new installer

i see in your sign you upgraded to 10.4.10 with koolkal

i tried to do same but my system reset just at boot

( at kernel load)

dont'know if the problem is the kernel 8.10.3 ( tried also 8.10.1)

or a video problem (the reset occur on changing video mode)

any hint?

thx

Don't use 8.10.3 , its hella buggy , couldnt start my system with it .. so re-formatted , and had to install everything from the scratch ... use 8.10.1 if u have sse3...

Nope !

You download http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=14973 and

install in folder /system/library/extensions/ ...

Hi Bronya,

so I have tried ATY_Alopias.kext but nothing happend

just I have bad GPU parameters.

I hope for a wonder which solve all this {censored} problems wirh ATI 1950

PRO.

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 256 MB -> I have 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7280

Revision ID: 0x009a

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

THX

Carnag

Hi Bronya,

so I have tried ATY_Alopias.kext but nothing happend

just I have bad GPU parameters.

I hope for a wonder which solve all this {censored} problems wirh ATI 1950

No, you not correctly also did not load it correctly!

In the beginning for you should work QE/CI, and then alopias!

Then I will send soon a package...

Kevin Email , you download driver from post 1 ?

No, you not correctly also did not load it correctly!

In the beginning for you should work QE/CI, and then alopias!

Then I will send soon a package...

Kevin Email , you download driver from post 1 ?

Good notice QE/CI should work? I didn't found any driver which works in XxX_OS_x86_10.4.10_Install_Disc :)

Yes. I downloaded from the First Post downloaded the 9/17/07 revision. Will try fooling around with it alittle more. Also will try hooking the second monitor up through DVI->VGA Adapter and see if that helps.

Kevin

UPDATE: TRIED DVI-VGA Adapter also still cannot activate the second monitor.