Windows Experience Index Scores

apowerr

106 posts in this topic

Given that they were both discussing the same issue and also everything has been kept in chronological order, I don't see any problems with it.

Also try and keep the screen shots minimal. There's no need to capture the entire window. Just the main box containing the components score should be enough. That way it's easier to look through this thread without having to scroll and scroll.

Example (not my score - who would install Vista :P):

weize4pa4.png

I am happy enough to own a system that scores 5.9 in all subscores. Anyone else that lucky too or am I alone here? In any case, this is my system:

Asus Maximus Formula (X38, ICH9R)

Intel Q6600 (OC'ed to 3.6GHz)

4GB DDR2 RAM, PC2-6400 (running at 800MHz, 4-4-4-12-2T timings)

GeForce 8800 GTX (factory overclocked to 610/1350/2000MHz)

WesternDigital Raptor 150GB

WesternDigital Caviar SE16 500GB (WD5000AAKS)

That's about it for performance affecting. I've got a measly watercooling setup, one of those full kits and I can't recommend them if you want the best of the best. My case is huge and has lots of fans but unfortunately, the pump is by far the noisiest device. The fans are near silent at 7V, but the pump is just annoying. Might go back to aircooling sometime.

BTW, is there anyone who does not think the 5.9 max score is strange to say the least? I'd expect 10.0 to be the best not someting like 5.9.

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz 4.2

Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB 4.9

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS 5.9

Gaming graphics 559 MB Total available graphics memory 5.6

Primary hard disk 13GB Free (34GB Total) 5.4

Score: 4.2

I've got a.5.5 on the Index. My subscores are:

Processor: 5.9

RAM: 5.5

Graphics: 5.9

3D Graphics: 5.9

HDD: 5.8

Specs:

Proc: Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4Ghz (Stock)

RAM: 8GB DDR2 G.e.I.L. 800Mhz RAM

Graphics: Geforce 8800GT @ stock

HDD1: 320GB Seagate

HDD2: 320GB Samsung

HDD3: 500GB WD (external)

Windows Vista rates different aspects of your computer from 1 (I believe, possibly to 0) to 6. This feature, called the "Windows Experience Index" ties in with the "Games Explorer". Newer games that meet the "Games for Windows" standards will have a minimum and recommended subscore (which is your lowest score out of 5 scores). My results are as follows:

weize4.png

Processor: Socket 939 AMD Atlon 64 X2 4200+ ~2.2 Ghz

RAM: 2 GB DDR RAM

Video Card: nVidia 7800 GTX ~ 256MB (Im surprised it scored so highly!)

HD: 149 GB SATA2 HD ~7200 RPM

EDIT: I had forgotten to include "What are yours?" :)

Well here's my results:

results.jpg

Kind of sucks about the hard disk xfer rate considering my primary HD is a Raptor X; would've thought it would do better. Maybe it's time to defrag...