What's the best bittorrent client?

77 posts in this topic

Sorry to be a nag, but I believe you mean, "What's the best torrent client." BitTorrent is a misused term. I'm using BitLord in Windows XP x64 right now, Azureus in OS X, and BitTorrent for Linux I believe.

On Windows µTorrent

On OS X Azureus Altough the UI is terrible and I hate that the app closes when one closes the window)

on Linux Bittorrent but I haven't usen it in a wile

I like µtorrent on Windows, very powerful and Lightweight, on Mac i'm not decided yet, I like Transmission but it has not much info about the torrents, like tomato torrent but it's very CPU consuming.

• 3 weeks later...

I could be wrong, but I don't think torrent downloading speeds is dependant on the software you are using. I believe it all has to do with how many seeders, and how much upload bandwidth they've dedicated for us to use.

I could be wrong, but I don't think torrent downloading speeds is dependant on the software you are using. I believe it all has to do with how many seeders, and how much upload bandwidth they've dedicated for us to use.

Bad torrent clients can make you download slower than your bandwidth can handle. Also, some trackers ban certain clients because they do bad things (like poll the tracker too much).

Bitcomet on Windows. I hate tracker handling in uTorrent. In OSX i cant find the right one. I need one with which i can select which files to DL from a torrent.

In OSX i cant find the right one. I need one with which i can select which files to DL from a torrent.

Azureus, none other.

And those who think Azureus is fugly, so it is. But you can make it look a little more OS X-like by checking off "Use closeable tabs" and "Use Faggoty Tabs" under Interface>Display. Makes it at least a little more tolerable.

Remember to update your Java to J2SE 5 Release 4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Azureus is the only torrent client I can use on OSX simply for the fact that it is the only torrent client that will allow you to choose which files to download. Also when I used Transmission it would slow down my internet to a crawl almost making browsing impossible while it was running, but with Az this doesn't happen.

On XP I use uTorrent.

• 3 weeks later...