Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

hiya, I added the Broadcom BCM4306KFB to a mpc transport t2000 and after running your script the airport icon is added to the menu, but it says its not configured.

the dell inspiron 1150 that the card was removed from died from over heating, is it possible that this card is burned out, not support by the mobo or is there more work that needs to be done as far as software goes?

also think it's good to note that this inspiron had a celeron instead of a p4

thank you

update took the lappy apart and found that the broadcom is marked BCM94306MPSG REV 4, would this driver even support the card posted?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Ive just purchased a Dell 1505 with the BCM4321 (ven:14e4, dev:4328) off ebay to pop in a fujitsu siemens amil li 1818 which comes with a sis163 wifi card by default which isnt even detected.

The card is detected using DPCI Manager (although the model shows up as unknown) and lspci which detects the cards, chipset and dev+ven ids ok.

Problem is, os x doesnt know its there, doesnt show up in sys prefs > network, in network utility or in sys info.

I know the card works as its detected in windows, and after doing the pin 20 hack its enabled and works fine.

Does anyone know how to get this card detected and working. Im on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Thanks

Oli

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to get my broadcom card to work under snow leopard but without any success. The card as far as I'm aware is a BCM4306 and the vendor id etc comes up as 14E4, 4320. I don't mind editing kexts I just need to know what ones to edit and what sections of each I need to modify. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My install of snow leopard comes from an an original disc with no modifications. The card definitely works as I've tried it under Windows 7.

Many Thanks

Sean

Hi boys, and thank's for your hard work.

I'm searching a solution for my Broadcom 4357, the wireless module in my Compaq cq10-110, a hp 110 clone, I think.

I added a pci id in the kext, but there is no card in the network preferences,

and the led on the switch is orange, instead of withe.

There is a solution?

Thanks again.

Stefano.

Further to my last post, I decided to try something different. I moved the pci card from slot 2 to slot 1 and did a fresh install of snow leopard. The card is now detected and works without any hacks. So if you're card doesn't work, it might be worth moving it from one pci slot to another.

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to get my broadcom card to work under snow leopard but without any success. The card as far as I'm aware is a BCM4306 and the vendor id etc comes up as 14E4, 4320. I don't mind editing kexts I just need to know what ones to edit and what sections of each I need to modify. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My install of snow leopard comes from an an original disc with no modifications. The card definitely works as I've tried it under Windows 7.

Many Thanks

Sean

Hey folks

I recently put together a pc and installed Snow Leopard on it, and updated everything to 10.6.2.

A couple of days ago i decided to move the computer, and it is now out of range for a cable, and have therefore bought a wifi-pci set from Netgear (Netgear WN311B) as I read (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL#Wireless) that it was compatible with 10.6.2. I tried using the enabler

49.99$ PCI card. Native support with BCM43xxEnabler.sh - Need to re-apply after AirPort updates. 64/32 bit - no sleep issues. Reports as 3rd party.

However, I have been unable to get it to work, I can't actually find any trace of the cards existence. It doesn't show up anywhere. The page refered to stated that is ought to work with be enabler, however, below it sates that a different PCB version also is sold.

PCI Card, same as above but must be a different PCB version as it also ships with the Broadcom 4329, added "pci14e4,4329" to Broadcom Plist in IO802Family.kext. Detected as Third Party Wireless Card, fully functional including wireless N through standard AirPort utility. Modified Kext in the Extras/Extensions folder of the EFI Partition, with Chameleon RC4.

I found the ID (which was 4329) in windows and linux, put this in the sh file, ran it, and rebooted... but it still didn't work

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance

Try changing the pci slot that the card sits in. I had a problem with my card that I had in slot 2 and it wouldn't show up in snow leopard. I moved it to slot one and it worked without any problems.

Hey folks

I recently put together a pc and installed Snow Leopard on it, and updated everything to 10.6.2.

A couple of days ago i decided to move the computer, and it is now out of range for a cable, and have therefore bought a wifi-pci set from Netgear (Netgear WN311B) as I read (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL#Wireless) that it was compatible with 10.6.2. I tried using the enabler

However, I have been unable to get it to work, I can't actually find any trace of the cards existence. It doesn't show up anywhere. The page refered to stated that is ought to work with be enabler, however, below it sates that a different PCB version also is sold.

I found the ID (which was 4329) in windows and linux, put this in the sh file, ran it, and rebooted... but it still didn't work

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance

Try changing the pci slot that the card sits in. I had a problem with my card that I had in slot 2 and it wouldn't show up in snow leopard. I moved it to slot one and it worked without any problems.

Thank you for your reply.

My ATX card only has PCI 1 slot :blink: D'OH

Update: 2009-04-29 4:39PM

Since it seems to be sort of difficult for new users to edit kext-files, I've written a small script which automatically adds the PCI IDs of all Broadcom wireless cards, which are AirPort compatible.

And this is where I need your feedback: Please post your Broadcom device IDs in this topic, if you have simply added them to the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext. Then I can add them to my script so new users can simply download the script and get their Broadcom wireless card to work.

So please post the PCI ID and maybe a little description (at least if the card is 802.11a, b or g).

Note: Only post the PCI ID if you simply have to add the ID to AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext in order to get it working!

Supported Chipsets:

• All Apple AirPort One Cards (4311,4312,4313,4319,431a,432a)
  • 4306, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4309, Broadcom BCM4309 802.11 b Wireless LAN
  • 4315, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4318, Broadcom BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4320, Broadcom BCM4320 b/g (confirmed)
  • 4324, Broadcom BCM4324 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4325, Broadcom BCM4325 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 2b continued

Cards that are known to work:

• Belkin F5D7000
  • Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545
  • Linksys PCMCIA Card WPC54G
  • Dynex DX-BNBC
  • Dynex DX-BGDTC
  • Probably tons of other cards, as long as they have a supported chipset...

Usage: unzip, open a Terminal window and type 'sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh'. Reboot

It is recommended to install all AirPort-Updates from SoftwareUpdate before running this script.

Use this script at your own risk!!

Changelog:

• Version 0.5.3
    - added many new device ids
  • Version 0.5.2
    - fixed wrong permissions for /System/Library/Extensions
  • Version 0.5.1
    - added 4307, 4308, 4310, 4322, 4323 - just for testing
    - repair permissions of /System/Library/Extensions - just to make sure
  • Version 0.5
    - 4325 confirmed
    - updated to zip file again
  • Version 0.5pre2 (Beta release!)
    - added more chipsets (4314, 4315), I don't know if they even work...
    - gziped, because I don't have zip installed atm
  • Version 0.5pre (Beta release!)
    - initial Leopard support
    - added more chipsets (4321, 4e,432a,432b,432c,432d, ...)
  • Version 0.4
    - Only delete Extensions.kextcache/Extensions.mkext and not Extensions.*
  • Version 0.3
    - Delete the kextcache automatically
    - Fixed a typo that wouldn't allow the majority of users to delete the Airport2.kext

FAQ:

• "sudo: ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh: command can not be found"
    • N00b Attack: You need to be in the directory you have extracted the file to

[*]"My card shows up as an AirPort but it says disabled or not configured"

• This could have many reasons. Try one of the following things:

• Delete the current network setup (in network preferences) and create a new one. Reboot.
      • If you had no luck, try this.
      • If that does not help, open Terminal and type: sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot

• If that does not help, try to move either the kext of your Wireless NIC or the kext of your wired NIC to a location where it does not get loaded on reboot. Then type (in Terminal):
        • sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
        • Reboot

[*]If that does not help either, try this. It says it is supposed to work for a LinkSys WMP54G, but I guess it should work with other AirPort cards too.

[*]Some Laptops have an option "Enable Wireless Hot Keys" in the system BIOS. If you have such an option you can try to disable (or enable) it.

[*]If you are using a PCI card, try putting the card into a different slot.

[*]If none of these things did the trick, your card might have a crappy software power-on/off switch. Get a new one :(

[*]I don't have AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

• It should be on your install DVD. If not, you have to use Google a little bit. I will not send you this kext via E-Mail or PN.

Thankyou :(

de verdad espero que fun bien gracias.-

[*]Version 0.5.1

I got a bcm4322 on my Pavilion DV2-1030us and theres no such support on the file and its not even listed when you try to install.

:)

I'm gonna take this one further. We all love a simple kext that we can just install and be done. So I have compiled a KEXT that should support a wide variety of Broadcom 4300 series PCI cards. I use this KEXT myself and so far it works great. It should support more cards than the patch found here, I know this patch didn't work for me, but this KEXT does.

Broadcom 43XX PCI Wireless Card Kernal Extension

by KhanTyranitar

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom 4300 series wireless chipsets. This works for PCI cards. If you have a USB card with a Broadcom chipset, this KEXT will probably not work.

Thanks to the OSX86 team, InsanelyMac forum, and the entire Hackintosh community

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom powered wireless PCI cards. Compatible cards will be recognized as Airport, and can be configured in the Network preference pane. This kext should work in both 32 and 64 bit mode. This kext has been tested on 10.6.2, but has not been tested on older versions. Should work on all versions of Snow Leopard.

The following Chipsets should be supported

BCM 4306

BCM 4309

BCM 4311 (Natively Supported)

BCM 4315

BCM 4318

BCM 4320

BCM 4321

BCM 4322

BCM 4323

BCM 4323x Family

BCM 4324

BCM 4325

BCM 4326

BCM 4328

BCM 4329

BCM 4342

The following card models should be supported

Belkin F5D7000

Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545

Linksys PCMCIA Card WPC54G

Dynex DX-BNBC

Dynex DX-BGDTC

Netgear WN311B (v1 & 2)

Probably tons of other cards, as long as they have a supported chipset...

I take no special credit for this KEXT. Even though I have written this KEXT and made this available to the community, this hack can be done by anyone with a text editor and a little know how. My goal here is to make a KEXT available to the community that can be installed and will work on as many Broadcom chipsets as possible, and to do it in a Vanilla friendly way.

To install simply drag Broadcom43XXFamily.kext onto Kext Utility. This will automatically install to your extensions folder and repair permissions. Then simply restart and install the card.

Broadcom 4300 Series KEXT

I just put a fresh install of Snow Leopard on my pc, upgraded to 10.6.2 , and everything works perfect, however, wifi doesn't. It didn't work with the broadcom activator either. I did have had the card in the pc since the beginning, but can that be the problem? Also the DSDT file used for my hackintosh is for a identical keyboard minus the fact that it has only one PCI slot (instead of two).

I have a Netgear WN311B

GA-EP45-DS3P (installed as GA-EP45T-UD3P )

Q6600

6GB RAM

8800GTS

Any ideas?

I'm gonna take this one further. We all love a simple kext that we can just install and be done. So I have compiled a KEXT that should support a wide variety of Broadcom 4300 series PCI cards. I use this KEXT myself and so far it works great. It should support more cards than the patch found here, I know this patch didn't work for me, but this KEXT does.

by KhanTyranitar

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom 4300 series wireless chipsets. This works for PCI cards. If you have a USB card with a Broadcom chipset, this KEXT will probably not work.

Thanks to the OSX86 team, InsanelyMac forum, and the entire Hackintosh community

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom powered wireless PCI cards. Compatible cards will be recognized as Airport, and can be configured in the Network preference pane. This kext should work in both 32 and 64 bit mode. This kext has been tested on 10.6.2, but has not been tested on older versions. Should work on all versions of Snow Leopard.

BCM 4306

BCM 4309

BCM 4315

BCM 4318

BCM 4320

BCM 4321

BCM 4322

BCM 4323

BCM 4323x Family

BCM 4324

BCM 4325

BCM 4326

BCM 4328

BCM 4329

BCM 4342

Belkin F5D7000

Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545

Dynex DX-BNBC

Dynex DX-BGDTC

Netgear WN311B (v1 & 2)

I take no special credit for this KEXT. Even though I have written this KEXT and made this available to the community, this hack can be done by anyone with a text editor and a little know how. My goal here is to make a KEXT available to the community that can be installed and will work on as many Broadcom chipsets as possible, and to do it in a Vanilla friendly way.

To install simply drag Broadcom43XXFamily.kext onto Kext Utility. This will automatically install to your extensions folder and repair permissions. Then simply restart and install the card.

is it possible to reupload the zip file? the link is not working. thanks!

hi 2 all

I have Gigabyte Q1580P with "Intel 5100" -removed and plugged BCM4311. works perfect, but every 4-5 boot the chip see my router and connects with him, but no inet, i can see my big hack (browse or copy). any one has the same problem?

here are fotos

e23fc0c4e27f63324e0f7c865388cff3.jpeg efe01f628d217a3681494d360276ebae.jpeg 8929cfbd13803d73f916ab15c9ef0197.jpeg b7d98940feccae8b2c446735e4c4ecc2.jpeg

Since it seems to be sort of difficult for new users to edit kext-files, I've written a small script which automatically adds the PCI IDs of all Broadcom wireless cards, which are AirPort compatible.

And this is where I need your feedback: Please post your Broadcom device IDs in this topic, if you have simply added them to the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext. Then I can add them to my script so new users can simply download the script and get their Broadcom wireless card to work.

So please post the PCI ID and maybe a little description (at least if the card is 802.11a, b or g).

Note: Only post the PCI ID if you simply have to add the ID to AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext in order to get it working!

Supported Chipsets:

• All Apple AirPort One Cards (4311,4312,4313,4319,431a,432a)
  • 4306, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4309, Broadcom BCM4309 802.11 b Wireless LAN
  • 4315, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4318, Broadcom BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4320, Broadcom BCM4320 b/g (confirmed)
  • 4324, Broadcom BCM4324 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4325, Broadcom BCM4325 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 2b continued

Cards that are known to work:

• Belkin F5D7000
  • Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545
  • Linksys PCMCIA Card WPC54G
  • Dynex DX-BNBC
  • Dynex DX-BGDTC
  • Probably tons of other cards, as long as they have a supported chipset...

Usage: unzip, open a Terminal window and type 'sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh'. Reboot

It is recommended to install all AirPort-Updates from SoftwareUpdate before running this script.

Use this script at your own risk!!

Changelog:

• Version 0.5.3
    - added many new device ids
  • Version 0.5.2
    - fixed wrong permissions for /System/Library/Extensions
  • Version 0.5.1
  • Version 0.5
    - 4325 confirmed
    - updated to zip file again
  • Version 0.5pre2 (Beta release!)
    - added more chipsets (4314, 4315), I don't know if they even work...
    - gziped, because I don't have zip installed atm
  • Version 0.5pre (Beta release!)
    - initial Leopard support
    - added more chipsets (4321, 4e,432a,432b,432c,432d, ...)
  • Version 0.4
    - Only delete Extensions.kextcache/Extensions.mkext and not Extensions.*
  • Version 0.3
    - Delete the kextcache automatically
    - Fixed a typo that wouldn't allow the majority of users to delete the Airport2.kext

FAQ:

• "sudo: ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh: command can not be found"
    • N00b Attack: You need to be in the directory you have extracted the file to

[*]"My card shows up as an AirPort but it says disabled or not configured"

• This could have many reasons. Try one of the following things:

• Delete the current network setup (in network preferences) and create a new one. Reboot.
      • If you had no luck, try this.
      • If that does not help, open Terminal and type: sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot

• If that does not help, try to move either the kext of your Wireless NIC or the kext of your wired NIC to a location where it does not get loaded on reboot. Then type (in Terminal):
        • sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
        • Reboot

[*]If that does not help either, try this. It says it is supposed to work for a LinkSys WMP54G, but I guess it should work with other AirPort cards too.

[*]Some Laptops have an option "Enable Wireless Hot Keys" in the system BIOS. If you have such an option you can try to disable (or enable) it.

[*]If you are using a PCI card, try putting the card into a different slot.

[*]If none of these things did the trick, your card might have a crappy software power-on/off switch. Get a new one :D

[*]I don't have AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

• It should be on your install DVD. If not, you have to use Google a little bit. I will not send you this kext via E-Mail or PN.

I try Ur method on my dell d530 with id 4315 and is crashed. Then i got and infinte reboot when i tried to restart. I have kalyway 10.5.2. helpl plz

by KhanTyranitar

BCM 4306

BCM 4309

BCM 4315

BCM 4318

BCM 4320

BCM 4321

BCM 4322

BCM 4323

BCM 4323x Family

BCM 4324

BCM 4325

BCM 4326

BCM 4328

BCM 4329

BCM 4342

Belkin F5D7000

Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545

Dynex DX-BNBC

Dynex DX-BGDTC

Netgear WN311B (v1 & 2)

Please, Please reupload this kext. The inital release was limited to just 10 downloads!

I have been trying for a whole day now and no results

I have Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 1536 it originaly has intel wifi but i replaced it with broadcom 4311 when i try to boot with kalyway 10.5.2 it panics something about 4311 and CPU so i booted into 10.5.6 and installation went well but i cant se wifi card anywhere

i have working ethernet and firewire in network setup (i dont think i have firewire on this pc) so i looked at the mac adress but it does not match so i dont realy know where firewire comes from

i tried installing the script updating runing it but no change, as i said it is as if the card was not in the slot at all

on the other hand it chrashes the bootup on 10.5.2 so the card is there

Windows works just fine

i will give it a try with this kext postet here and se if i can get it to work