Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

i can't get my onboard wireless card to work. the bottom of my aspire one d250 says that i have a broadcom bcm94312hmg card, is this compatible with this script? thanks.

No, this script doesn't work in most cases for the BMC4312. Use iDeneb 1.5.1 or 1.6.

No, this script doesn't work in most cases for the BMC4312. Use iDeneb 1.5.1 or 1.6.

you're right, i couldn't get this script to solve my problem. but after hours and hours of searching, i found this post,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=203759

i used the wireless for 1545 package that he has a linked to and lo and behold it worked! i'm writing this post on my aod250 running 10.5.8.

:P

Asus WL-138G V2

In the list of known working WiFi cards..........

4318, Broadcom BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN

Ran this script then installed card.........YAY

can you say WiFi.......BUT Wont connect

This card sees all WiFi but wont connect to any of them :wacko:

****EDIT**** #1

Moved Card to PCIe slot #1 and all works fine

Thanks to "quattrofx" and his guide to P55A-UD3 :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you for this script

Best regards HighwayTrucker

****UPDATE****

OK......

There seems to be a real problem with speed & disconect problems

using the ASUS 138G v2 cards......

Many complaints found on the internet......

luckely.....My good friend owns a computer store for about 20 years now so,

I get to go thru all of his used stuff and test....... ;)

Anyway.....I found a DYNEX (which happens to be blue in color.....YAY....Matches my Gigabyte board)

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=DX...C-R&cat=WLS

MODEL # BGDTC

Chipset BC4318

****USING SCRIPT FOUND HERE**** http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...ic=51725&hl=

Put it in PCI slot #1 on my P55A-UD3 board and WOW.......

NO ISSUES..........Very fast......no more disconects

and works in Win7 also............YAY :D

*****SOLVED******

Trying to get my Broadcom wireless working under 10.6.3/x64 (Lenovo U350).

Scanning with System Info from http://outlawcowboy.org/kexts/ the complete description seems to be:

14e4;Broadcom Corporation;4315;BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY;Network controller;Network controller

I have checked the http://outlawcowboy.org/kexts/ in Network/Wireless/Snow Leopard there seems to be a AirPortBrcm43xx (423.91.27) x64 that has BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY support.

Does anyone have this particular version and care to share it? Some people that have submitted their info seem to have got it working?

Thanks...

Trying to get my Broadcom wireless working under 10.6.3/x64 (Lenovo U350).

Scanning with System Info from http://outlawcowboy.org/kexts/ the complete description seems to be:

14e4;Broadcom Corporation;4315;BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY;Network controller;Network controller

I have checked the http://outlawcowboy.org/kexts/ in Network/Wireless/Snow Leopard there seems to be a AirPortBrcm43xx (423.91.27) x64 that has BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY support.

Does anyone have this particular version and care to share it? Some people that have submitted their info seem to have got it working?

Thanks...

Let me know if you find anything too, i've been trying for days to get the same wifi card to work for snow leopard to no avail

Fact is, people might just got this card working using some custom Kexts--since the reports on http://outlawcowboy.org/kexts/ should reflect working hardware+kext.

I have the bad feeling it has to do with the subvendor-IDs, and people that don't get the BCM4312 running have the wrong one.

Problem is, nobody is sharing any, especially for this BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY. :thumbsdown_anim:

I doub't that this will be the magic solution. you will get a "working" kext, install it, and nothing works for you.

At now the only solution is to stay with Leopard. A prepared USB stick with 10.5.6 Install DVD and netbookinstaller 0.8.3 will show you a working BCM4312 after booting into installer menu. If you upgarde to 10.5.8 you will have to reinstall the 10.5.6 kext.

I already tried to use the Kext from my iMac (10.5.8) and it did not work just like you said.

Yes, this kext won't work with the BCM4312

In this case I guess that a Kext from 10.5.6 will not work on 10.6.3, right?

right, but an 10.5.6 install, if you update it to the last 10.5.8 works again with the 10.5.6 kext

(we are talking about the IO80211Family.kext, wich includes as plugin the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext)

Does de OS read the subvendor ID and blocks it?

I assume so, the funny thing is, that the 10.5.6 AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext works also with the BCM4312 without altering the info.plist and add the 4315 device ID for the BCM4312.

Best way for me was to create an install stick with netbookmaker 0.8.3 and the retail Leo DVD from the magic box (was 10.5.6) and install from it. All works out of the box. After install you have to backup your

IO80211Family.kext, upgrade to 10.5.8, and reinstall with kexthelper your old IO80211Family.kext.

Update: 2009-04-29 4:39PM

Since it seems to be sort of difficult for new users to edit kext-files, I've written a small script which automatically adds the PCI IDs of all Broadcom wireless cards, which are AirPort compatible.

And this is where I need your feedback: Please post your Broadcom device IDs in this topic, if you have simply added them to the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext. Then I can add them to my script so new users can simply download the script and get their Broadcom wireless card to work.

So please post the PCI ID and maybe a little description (at least if the card is 802.11a, b or g).

Note: Only post the PCI ID if you simply have to add the ID to AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext in order to get it working!

Supported Chipsets:

• All Apple AirPort One Cards (4311,4312,4313,4319,431a,432a)
  • 4306, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4309, Broadcom BCM4309 802.11 b Wireless LAN
  • 4315, Broadcom BCM4306 802.11 b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4318, Broadcom BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN (confirmed)
  • 4320, Broadcom BCM4320 b/g (confirmed)
  • 4324, Broadcom BCM4324 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 4325, Broadcom BCM4325 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN
  • 2b continued

Cards that are known to work:

• Belkin F5D7000
  • Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545
  • Linksys PCMCIA Card WPC54G
  • Dynex DX-BNBC
  • Dynex DX-BGDTC
  • Probably tons of other cards, as long as they have a supported chipset...

Usage: unzip, open a Terminal window and type 'sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh'. Reboot

It is recommended to install all AirPort-Updates from SoftwareUpdate before running this script.

Use this script at your own risk!!

Changelog:

• Version 0.5.3
    - added many new device ids
  • Version 0.5.2
    - fixed wrong permissions for /System/Library/Extensions
  • Version 0.5.1
    - added 4307, 4308, 4310, 4322, 4323 - just for testing
    - repair permissions of /System/Library/Extensions - just to make sure
  • Version 0.5
    - 4325 confirmed
    - updated to zip file again
  • Version 0.5pre2 (Beta release!)
    - added more chipsets (4314, 4315), I don't know if they even work...
    - gziped, because I don't have zip installed atm
  • Version 0.5pre (Beta release!)
    - initial Leopard support
    - added more chipsets (4321, 4e,432a,432b,432c,432d, ...)
  • Version 0.4
    - Only delete Extensions.kextcache/Extensions.mkext and not Extensions.*
  • Version 0.3
    - Delete the kextcache automatically
    - Fixed a typo that wouldn't allow the majority of users to delete the Airport2.kext

FAQ:

• "sudo: ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh: command can not be found"
    • N00b Attack: You need to be in the directory you have extracted the file to

[*]"My card shows up as an AirPort but it says disabled or not configured"

• This could have many reasons. Try one of the following things:

• Delete the current network setup (in network preferences) and create a new one. Reboot.
      • If you had no luck, try this.
      • If that does not help, open Terminal and type: sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot

• If that does not help, try to move either the kext of your Wireless NIC or the kext of your wired NIC to a location where it does not get loaded on reboot. Then type (in Terminal):
        • sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
        • sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
        • Reboot

[*]If that does not help either, try this. It says it is supposed to work for a LinkSys WMP54G, but I guess it should work with other AirPort cards too.

[*]Some Laptops have an option "Enable Wireless Hot Keys" in the system BIOS. If you have such an option you can try to disable (or enable) it.

[*]If you are using a PCI card, try putting the card into a different slot.

[*]If none of these things did the trick, your card might have a crappy software power-on/off switch. Get a new one :P

[*]I don't have AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

• It should be on your install DVD. If not, you have to use Google a little bit. I will not send you this kext via E-Mail or PN.

I installed iAtkos S3 V2 on my HP Pavilion Tx2000 laptop.

everything works just fine -> graphic, audio, etherent.

however having hard time with my eh1 (Broadcom wireless driver).

I followed the direction that is posted here.

I used shell file to patch Info.plst file however still no luck.

I can see airport icon on menu bar. when i scan it, it doesn't show any wifi.

and when i manually set up, it keep asks for WEP password eventhough i put correct password.

can anybody help me?

thank you.

My spec:

Hp Pavilion Tx2000 laptop

Amd Turion X64

2.5GB RAM

Nvidia Graphic, Etherent.

broadcom wireless (14e4:4315) BCM4312

I have a Broadcom BCM4312 802.11a/b/g Wireless Network Adapter ...i installed JAS 10.4.8 with "no internet connection"...what i have to do now to work the wireless card ? step by step.

anyone ?

because after i do what was in this tutorial i give a kernel crash.

Hi (pardon my English level)

I have used this method with my Broadcom43225 ID [14e4: 4357] (rev 01) but has not worked.

I have also used this system, but has not worked.

Someone with this card, it works?

Thanks

i'm back..i have bcm4312 and i give a kernel crash after i do what is write here. Today i try to delete AppleAirPort2.kext and now i have been able to install it.

Good...but after restart in System preferences-network is nothing.I system profiler at AirPort is "No information found"...

What i have to do now ?

I Have BROADCOM WIRELESS 4312 (DEV_4315) and It Worked In 10.5.6 As I Added DEV_ID In String. But After Updating To 10.5.7 And Adding String, I Had No Luck :(

SOLUTION...

I Have Two Partitions, One for 10.5.6 and Other for 10.5.7

I Simply COPIED "IO80211Family.kext" From 10.5.6 Which Had WIFI Already Fixed in to S/L/E And Rebooted.

Everything Now Works. :D

For Those Of You Who Think Of Rebranding or Switching Wifi Cards, Undo Your Thoughts. -_-

Sometimes Updates Apply Changes To EVERYTHING, Not SOME...

I Had To Read Information From The World To Find This Simple Thing... Thanks To This Thread

For HELPING Me Get My Card Recognized in 10.5.6 :thumbsup_anim:

I Am Just An Updating NOOB :weight_lift:

have:

acer (emachine) E725 laptop

BCM4312

still trying to install the drivers on hazard leperod 10.6.2.

i tried everything mentioned in this thread and posts, the car still is not recognize and no airport icon shows up on upper corner on regular mac book.

pm me or reply here if you got it to work on 10.6.2 or 10.6

Not working for the E725 BCM4312 (4315 - Card is 4324A-BCM1030) Tried everything on the forum and other forums and nothing - I did managed to get the Airport to come up on the Finder bar but it's greyed out since there is not card to recognize.