Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

I'm gonna take this one further. We all love a simple kext that we can just install and be done. So I have compiled a KEXT that should support a wide variety of Broadcom 4300 series PCI cards. I use this KEXT myself and so far it works great. It should support more cards than the patch found here, I know this patch didn't work for me, but this KEXT does.

Broadcom 43XX PCI Wireless Card Kernal Extension

by KhanTyranitar

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom 4300 series wireless chipsets. This works for PCI cards. If you have a USB card with a Broadcom chipset, this KEXT will probably not work.

Thanks to the OSX86 team, InsanelyMac forum, and the entire Hackintosh community

This KEXT should support most common Broadcom powered wireless PCI cards. Compatible cards will be recognized as Airport, and can be configured in the Network preference pane. This kext should work in both 32 and 64 bit mode. This kext has been tested on 10.6.2, but has not been tested on older versions. Should work on all versions of Snow Leopard.

The following Chipsets should be supported

BCM 4306

BCM 4309

BCM 4311 (Natively Supported)

BCM 4315

BCM 4318

BCM 4320

BCM 4321

BCM 4322

BCM 4323

BCM 4323x Family

BCM 4324

BCM 4325

BCM 4326

BCM 4328

BCM 4329

BCM 4342

The following card models should be supported

Belkin F5D7000

Buffalo WL12-PCI-G545

Linksys PCMCIA Card WPC54G

Dynex DX-BNBC

Dynex DX-BGDTC

Netgear WN311B (v1 & 2)

Probably tons of other cards, as long as they have a supported chipset...

I take no special credit for this KEXT. Even though I have written this KEXT and made this available to the community, this hack can be done by anyone with a text editor and a little know how. My goal here is to make a KEXT available to the community that can be installed and will work on as many Broadcom chipsets as possible, and to do it in a Vanilla friendly way.

To install simply drag Broadcom43XXFamily.kext onto Kext Utility. This will automatically install to your extensions folder and repair permissions. Then simply restart and install the card.

Broadcom 4300 Series KEXT

Links is dead pls re-upload

I have Broadcom BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01) in my HP Mini 210-1006TU. I have followed the instructions that have been given but still can not activate. :D

Please help me find a solution. Thank ;)

I have 14e4:4315 too...and I resolved installing iDeneb 1.5.7 with included driver!

could you try it...

ps..Im sorry for my bad english!

Hey everyone I am having a terrible time with the Dell 1490 or Broadcom 4312 or BCM94311MCAG or whatever it prefers to be called Ive tried hundreds of different kexts and still nothing I get no airport Icon. I bought this because lots of people on here said it was plug and play. I even tried taping pin 20 with no change as a result. The Card shows up on DPCI manager but no on System Profiler or airport if the switch were to be the problem wouldnt it not show up on DPCI manager aswell? I beg any of you to point me in any sort of direction.

Im in desperate need for this I am willing to spare a few bucks to whomever could help.

please and thank you

I have 14e4:4315 too...and I resolved installing iDeneb 1.5.7 with included driver!

could you try it...

ps..Im sorry for my bad english!

[here AOD250]

iDeneb 1.6 (10.5.8) will also work with the Broadcom BCM4312 out of the box, and also the Plain 10.5.6 DVD/NBI 0.8.3 thumb drive method. If you update your 10.5.6 system to 5.7 or 5.8 you loose your Broadcom BCM4312 dedection.

I'm not shure about the reason, since iDeneb works with 10.5.8.

Hey there,

first of all, i'd like to say you guys are doing amazing work. Not only youre developing these tools to get osx86 noobcompatible - and i consider myself a hackintosh noob - , youre doing a great job on the support too.

I do have problems though: I've put iAtkos v7 on my acer aspire D250. It uses a Broadcom wi-fi - lspci lists it as a 14e4 bcm4310 (it says usb, if thats important). I patched the io80211 kexts to support like anything - the 4310, the 4315 (which it seems to be a clone of). i used mcsmarts skript and checked it with the nano command afterwards - the info.plist lists all the chipsets, seems to be properly patched.

Well, it doesnt show up as an airport card though. "about my mac" only recognizes my usb-wifi, but the built-in card just doesnt show up. in the system tray i get a "unknown vendor network card"...

the kext does load on startup, this cant be the reason rendering it unusable.

any way to get this babe to work? the usb dongle im using right now is kind of crappy.

ive read some things about kismac getting it to work, but nothing happens if i scan, no matter which driver i use.

I appreciate your help, guys!

I do have problems though: I've put iAtkos v7 on my acer aspire D250.

Use iDeneb 1.5.1 (10.5.7) or 1.6 (10.5.8), it works with the AOD250.

In my opinion there are some checks on the subvendor IDs, so some BCM4312 [14e4:4315] cards will work with these enablers, others not.

Use iDeneb 1.5.1 (10.5.7) or 1.6 (10.5.8), it works with the AOD250.

In my opinion there are some checks on the subvendor IDs, so some BCM4312 [14e4:4315] cards will work with these enablers, others not.

[using this acc because the other one refuses to log me in]

as far as i know, die aod250 is shipped with different chips.

well, it seems i'm out of luck with this one. i might use my iphone as a bluetooth or tethered wifi, but this drains battery quite fast.

any card with a reasonable price that will work OOTB in my d250?

I have Linksys WMP300N(Broadcom US version) and SL 10.6.0. I compile/patche DSDT using code below. Also update AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext to include pci14e4,4329. I got the card showed up under PCI of hardward list from system profiler. Under Network, it shows as Airport but it is off. I clicked "turn on" but it did nothing. any help appreciated.

Under Hardware PCI from systerm profiler:

Driver installed: yes

Vender ID: 0x14e4

Device ID: 0x4329

subsystem vendor id: 0x1737

subsystem ID: 0x0060

revision ID: 0x0001

I added this code to DSDT.aml and patched it

Device (WLAN)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Name (_SUN, 0x3)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x08)

{

"device_type",

"WLAN Controller",

"model",

"Linksys WMP300N v.2",

"name",

"Linksys"

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

I have an AO250, installed iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6

Installed a DW1390 that ID's as BCM4311b/g WLAN [14e4:4311] (rev 01) ..... Nothing shows up in 'System Preferences/network'

The Network Controller shows Atheros Comm Inc. Unknown device [168c:002b] (rev 01)

The Ethernet Controller shows Attansic Tech Corp. Unknown device [1969:1062] (rev c0)

No wired connections work either.

Any ideas.

Glenn

Installed and working on a Maxtor Basics 320 gig USB HD which is plugged into a HP dv6835nr, which has a BCM4312.

:P :P :D :D :D :D :D

I have a gateway netbook, that I've installed Kalyway 10.5.4 on, and I can't get the BCM4315 wireless card to work, to save my life, I've tried everything except for rebranding an editing the .plist file, I'm not a nub or a noob, I'm pretty experienced with OSX 86 installs, just not hardware. So, if ya could help me out that would be greatly appreciated!When I goto the airport menu in the traybar at the top, it says "Unknown Vendor" and Power Off Card.

Installed and working on a Maxtor Basics 320 gig USB HD which is plugged into a HP dv6835nr, which has a BCM4312.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And now a day later, after installing 2 updates using the software updater, bcm4312 is not working. :D

In the system profiler under "AirPort", it shows this:

Software Versions:

Menu Extra: 6.2.1 (621.1)

configd plug-in: 6.2.3 (623.1)

System Profiler: 6.0 (600.9)

Network Preference: 6.2.1 (621.1)

AirPort Utility: 5.5.1 (551.19)

IO80211 Family: 3.1.1 (311.1)

I haven't gone through a programming class as of yet. Does anyone have another solution?

And now a day later, after installing 2 updates using the software updater, bcm4312 is not working. :D

If you are using 10.5.6 and have upgraded to 10.5.8 install the old IO80211...kext from 10.5.6 with the kextkelper.