Broadcom bcm43xx wireless driver [beta]

mcsmart

860 posts in this topic

It Doesn't Work On My Dell Latitude D600, It Has A Broadcom 4306

All Help Appreciated

Please Reply With A Solution

Hi,

I have Broadcom 4306 (DEV_4320) too. The card is not working with the new kext released in 10.5.7 and 10.5.8. I feel very bad after I can't get it to work. But after I replace the IO80211family.kext from 10.5.5. The card works! My card is REV 2 and it look like that it is incompatible with the new driver.

Hi, I tried this on a BCM4312. It didn't work, and then it couldn't even boot (it was stuck). So I recovered the old Info.plist and then it booted fine.

The Wifi didn't work, but the hardware light of the wifi card was lit up, but very faintly, as if not enough power was supplied. AirPort reported it was on, but it couldn't find any networks (even if in Linux it finds ~15).

Here is the card's info (from Linux, lspci | grep 802):

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

Netgear WN311B BCM 4321 doesn't work on SL.

Anybody has encounted this issue on SL 10.6.2.

Kext installed after Airport update done but still doesn't work.

If anyone could show me the way to fix this pb?

Thx

Matéo

Hi, it work for me, too. I have Dell wireless 1395 802.11b/g with chip Broadcom BCM4315, but my problem is with channel range support. It is 1-11 only, but I am from Europe and need to join to Wlan Infrastructure at channel 13.

Please help me!

Hi, I have Dell Wireless 1397 (Broadcom 4315) and 10.6.2 snow leopard installed on my dell e6400 from retail DVD. The script worked fine, rebooted. No luck after this script. Don't see air port devices at all.

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated?

Hey everyone.. Ok I have a weird problem.. I have a BCM4321 chip and I ran the script as root. Everything seemed to work, rebooted no wireless.. Ran OSX86tools to clear the extensions cache, and touch the extensions folder, reset permissions etc. Reboot and viola it worked. THEEEENNN I had it running for a while, went out for an hour came back and poof no more wireless. I tried to repeat the procedure but this time nothing.

Any one have any idea's why it went poof in the first place? No System updates were run and all the airport updaters were done prior to running the script. very odd.. maybe I should write to apple. LOL JK

BTW Great work on the script. when it did work it was easy to do.

I'm hoping someone reading this has had this problem and knows a workaround because I've been googling & trying various things for 2 days now. This is not the first Hackintosh I've setup.

Problem:

- Wireless shows up in Network settings but is not powered up. Both the control panel and the wireless LED light indicate as such

- Toggling the hardware switch on the side of the laptop has no effect

- Toggling using the keyboard combo (Fn + F5) has no effect

- There are no BIOS settings for auto powering the wireless card on / off, only an option to enable or disable the wireless. Toggling this setting has no effect.

- Removing the battery + powering down for 5 mins then starting up has no effect

- Wireless card works correctly on the Windows 7 partition

- Performing a restart from windows into osx switches the wireless off shortly after the bios screen

- On booting up, the wireless light is initially on but then turned off during the hardware "Lenovo" startup screen. Nothing I have tried has turned the wireless LED on once running in osx.

Hardware:

- LENOVO S12 Ion (2959)

- 2gig / 250gig white model

- Intel Atom N270

- NVIDIA ION chipset (MCP79)

- Mini PCIe adapter, Broadcom (BCM4312)

- 10/100 ethernet, Broadcom (BCM5784M)

Software:

- Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail DVD

- Netbook Maker

- Tried the above patch as well, but as expected it only makes the card visible in the network preferences and does not fix the powering up issue.

Conclusion:

The hardware initially powers the wireless card down on boot and the drivers that control power on / off for these devices are not compatible with osx. HOWEVER, I have come across reports of people successfully running on the Lenovo S12 so I have hope.

Questions:

- Is the powering up of the wireless card in any way related to the DSDT file? If so, where can I find more information about where this file is, what it contains and how it could be replaced with a compatible one / modified to work?

- In particular for the Lenovo S12, does anyone know how to get access to more bios settings? Its seems unusually limited IMO for the bios screen to have so few options.

- Does anyone have any links to resources for learning more about programming and configuring device drivers under OSX?

ty-

I have a Latitude D620... with Dell True Wireless 1490 (Broadcom 4311 chipset).

My wireless appeared on my menu bar natively and my "Wireless On" lamp is on (also goes off if I disable AirPort in OS), but could not find networks... I assumed it was a driver issue as System Profiler came up with no information for it.

I have since run this patch, and the information about the card is now displayed, but I STILL cannot find any networks... it says it is set up for US Region, but I am in the UK, would this cause the problem and if so how can I change it?

Otherwise have you any ideas? thanks

broadcom wifi kext not working in snow leopard i have broadcom 4312 on hp pavillion dv9000 ....so i use IO8211 kext it works but it tends to timeout after every new webpage i open plus it reads it as 4315 not 4312.help.post-122477-1263402666_thumb.jpg

Use this script and it must works!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zln2xwm2dyg/bcm43xx_enabler.sh

But you must have switched "ON" wireless button before system starts.

Thanks for this script. I ran it on my acer aspire one d250 with iatkos v7 10.5.7. but i can't get wireless working, even with this script. It doesn't even show up in the menubar or network prefs

I took that little thing apart to see what kind of card is in there. its a broadcom BCM94312HMG. Do I need another driver or whats the problem?

hope someone can help me.

peace

noa

Thanks for this script. I ran it on my acer aspire one d250 with iatkos v7 10.5.7. but i can't get wireless working, even with this script. It doesn't even show up in the menubar or network prefs

I took that little thing apart to see what kind of card is in there. its a broadcom BCM94312HMG. Do I need another driver or whats the problem?

hope someone can help me.

peace

noa

sorry my english :huh:

I have D250 with this device (wi-fi, model 4312, id 4315).

I install Leo 10.5.6 Retail (with some kexts: disabler, touchpad etc.) and use it with DSDT.

See your IOreg and find what is your wi-fi device named. Then change this device in DSDT like that

Device (ARPT)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_SUN, One)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x09, 

0x03

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package ()

{

"device-id",

Buffer ()

{

0x12, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00

},

"name",

Buffer ()

{

"pci14e4,4312"

},

"model", 

Buffer (0x13)

{

"Dell Wireless 1395"

}, 

"device_type", 

Buffer (0x08)

{

"Airport"

}, 

"built-in", 

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Now system think that you have a native Dell Wireless whith ID 4312 and workin whith native kext and services. :)

sorry my english :blink:

I have D250 with this device (wi-fi, model 4312, id 4315).

I install Leo 10.5.6 Retail (with some kexts: disabler, touchpad etc.) and use it with DSDT.

See your IOreg and find what is your wi-fi device named. Then change this device in DSDT like that

Device (ARPT)

{

Name (_ADR, Zero)

Name (_SUN, One)

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)

{

0x09, 

0x03

})

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package ()

{

"device-id",

Buffer ()

{

0x12, 0x43, 0x00, 0x00

},

"name",

Buffer ()

{

"pci14e4,4312"

},

"model", 

Buffer (0x13)

{

"Dell Wireless 1395"

}, 

"device_type", 

Buffer (0x08)

{

"Airport"

}, 

"built-in", 

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Now system think that you have a native Dell Wireless whith ID 4312 and workin whith native kext and services. :D

can someone clarify this a little better for the noobs out there. lol. i dont know where to find dsdt or whether i should copy and paste this code in there and what to change with what info. im having trouble understanding what i am to do here. i am desperate to get my wifi to work. broadcom 4312 on a mini10v. i have snowleopard 10.6 i installed retail version with netbookmaker. i dont know if this method of install created dsdt

can someone clarify this a little better for the noobs out there. lol. i dont know where to find dsdt or whether i should copy and paste this code in there and what to change with what info. im having trouble understanding what i am to do here. i am desperate to get my wifi to work. broadcom 4312 on a mini10v. i have snowleopard 10.6 i installed retail version with netbookmaker. i dont know if this method of install created dsdt

use Search for more info about DSDT

i dont know did this method work in Snow... 

But what to do, if Airport is shown as "pci14e4,4318" in IOReg and in does not show up in DSDT at all ?

in IOreg your airport have name (for example PX1) find this name in DSDT and change section of this device (code in my post)

you must change device id in my code by yours device id. it have native support (change model too, BTW this cosmetics change)

in IOreg your airport have name (for example PX1) find this name in DSDT and change section of this device (code in my post)

you must change device id in my code by yours device id. it have native support (change model too, BTW this cosmetics change)

Nope, its not there in DSDT, it should be after LAN. But never mind, I rebranded the card under Linux into Airport.

en0:
 Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x87)
 Firmware Version:	Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.27)
 Locale:	FCC
 Country Code:	US
 Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 b/g
 Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

What about the 4353??I've got the Mini 311-1037NR from verizon with a retail install of SL and no wi-fi. I knew I wouldn't have it going into the install and can tether via bluetooth so I've got internet, but wifi would be awesome. I'm looking online for a 4311 or 4312 but there far and few between(I don't do e-bay).

Any help would be awesome.

~Nerd