NeedForSpeed CARBON on Intel Macs

som3on3

445 posts in this topic

Hi, i have the original Carbon for mac, made by EA... wich is a stolen ideea.

but....

anyway seems that their cider is a better version

and i will upload it for you guys.

They didn't steal your idea -- Cider was designed for instantly porting games to the Mac. :P

...But you found a much better use for it. :rolleyes:

hey all

ive got warcraft 3 and nfsu2 up and running but just 2 problems though

in warcraft 3 the cinematics dont play

and in nfsu2 , when setting the detail higher , the reflections are too dright it seem cars look almost chromed.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

still playing around with config to try and find the problem.

thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It took me a few hours of not studying for finals but I've finally ripped apart the Cider from Gametap and a little bit from Battlefield 2142 and made a working version that actually plays Oblivion perfectly (with NO mouse tearing, mouse problems or missing textures.) There are some weird textures (like a huge ball appears when one of the dudes dies in the sewer) but nothing major and I'm still trying to tweak it perfectly.

If there are any requests of games to actually try this version of Cider on let me know. I'll post this link to the other forms so they can update the list and inform the people who really want to play this game that it finally works.

Edit:

(Newer version of Cider and updates down a few posts)

(Sewer exit, water and random crashing fixed with newer Oblivion.ini)

I'm downloading the Eve Online client right now to see how different the Cider version is compared to the Gametap Cider version. It's bugging me and I want to play my Windows games on my Mac. Pretty soon I'll never need my Windows partition again.

Edit:

Looks like a new version of Gametap was released today. So I'm going to try to see how this compares to the rest of em. I'm crossing my fingers...

So far, here are the Cider version numbers

(Old Gametap/Oblivion.app) 000823

(New Gametap) 000983

(Eve Online) 000993.45017

I'm going to start with Eve Online and if that doesn't work try the newest Gametap version.

Edited as I don't want to thread jack but here are the forum links to keep things more organized.

Cider/Oblivion.app (000983) (With Registry Keys Added)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75237

and the Oblivion/Shivering Isles thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75692

Edited by cantstandable

I saw that someone uploaded a Cider port of The Settlers II - 10th anniversary, I thought that could be of interest for some people here ;)

I would also like to knoe if someone tried to get UT3 to work, I also read that someone wanted to test it, but hasn't reported back yet...

• 3 weeks later...

"cant run most wanted under Leopard 10.5.1

do i need to modify something in Cider folder (for example add new frameworks)?"

EASY! Just edit the Info.plist inside the Cider package and change system requirements from 10.4.8 to 10.5.1, Save and I will run as it did on Tiger!

Enjoy! :(

hi there

i have tried to play a Windows game called Little Fighter 2 on my Intel MacBook by following the cider tutorial given by som3on3.both cider templates came with the windows system 32 dlls and i have checked many times that the "info.plist" file is correct.

my result through doing this is that cider opens but no game window appears and i end up having to force quite it.

i am running OS X 10.5.1 and i have tried to get other little windows games running through cider but i had the same result.

these games dont require a cd and therefor dont require a cd crack, is this a problem?

i tried changing the Minimum System Requirement from 10.4.8 to 10.5.1 and still had the same result.the program doesn't freeze it just doesnt quit so i have to force quit it.

i am testing little games because i dont want to download a big game like NFS and find that nothing happens.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!!

thankyou

redguitar64

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi guys im very new to this website

i just tested

dawn of war dark crusade - works thru gametap version of cider

need for speed most wanted, underground, and carbon - works with cider

but i dont know how to run command & conquer generals and command & conquer 3 tiberium wars

plz help i really need to run these games

any ways to hack the widescreen of nfdmw in mac?

are u asking for need for speed most wanted widescreen hack

Search and Download 'Universal Wide Screen' software

after downloading do the following in windows,

1-You would have to change the .exe file , from which u start the game to speed2.exe

2-Select underground 2 in the tab

3-Patch the .exe file to whatever resolution you want

4-Finally run game and change the game resolution to 640x480 and u will have whatever resolution you patched it.

5-Once it has been patched it can be run in OS X with the same resolution.

Note: You can use this with any need for speed and many more games listed in it.