10.4.9 Updater Results (Loki.10.4.9)

mifki

121 posts in this topic

My update route looks like below:

Basically it's Paulicat method for 10.4.8 update (http://paulicat.freeflux.net/blog/archive/2006/11/13/osx86-10-4-4-to-10-4-8-upgrade-guide.html)

1. Install JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 only

2. Update to 10.4.9 via Software Update (no reboot)

3. Replace AppleSMBIOS.kext and IOATAFamily.kext from Paulicat

4. Install r3d3.kext from IRC #1049

5. Replace kernel with 8.9.1 from IRC #1049

6. Set correct permissions

After reboot, reinstall Video, on-board LAN and Audio drivers. So far so good.

Bruce

Can someone please confirm something for me...

I installed the Loki update from the Green Demon, everything went perfectly. My only issue is when I check my kernel version it tells me I am still running Paulicat's 8.8.1 kernel. I thought the new 8.9.1 kernel was included with the Loki update? I even went and ran the update again selecting custom, but the 8.9.1 kernel is greyed out and unselectable.

Is this unique to me?

Is this simply there for the future once the 8.9.1 kernel is more developed to easily put it in the install package?

Is there anyway to obtain the 8.9.1 kernel besides IRC? My ISP has been having issues and I have not been able to access IRC in months now (but I do get a nice $5 a month credit to my account until they fix it).

Thanks for the help.

Ok Loki updater has failed for the 4th time in a row with the same errors. The install log says it's a bad archive, it tries to run it in "compatibility mode," and then it fails. Of course, once it closes out it's already done its damage. I had to reinstall 10.4.8 over it a few times.

I'm going to do the upgrade manually. :/

EDIT:

Ok I just did a quick test. Download the torrent and try to open it via Windows in WinRAR. As I expected, it gave errors saying that the archive is incomplete and corrupt. I think the torrent got corrupt somewhere along the line.

Do not use this updater. You can use pacifist, but it's still got some incomplete/corrupt files that it'll exclude.

Edited by Takuro

Very pleased to announce the success of my loki 10.4.9 installation.

What I did afterwards was:

Put back 10.4.9's System.kext

Install Diabolik's 10.4.9 Natit (don't you dare using Neopheus' Uni installer, it will hose your system, as it is designed for 10.4.8!)

:(:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Hi there....

i've still no luck with 10.4.9 on the ASROCK Conroe945G-DVI with Intel Celeron 3.06Ghz.

I tried different methods how to upgrade to 10.4.9 with backup the /System/Library/Extentions/ etc.

When i reboot , following message came up:

"using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO beuffer heards"

the system stops, any idea , any link , any "working" howto?

thanxx..

Hi Everyone,

I downloded Loki's update from the green, then I follow stepp by stepp this guide "http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45283&hl=" and after second reboot I've got 10.4.9 update running perfectly. No craches at all. Eventhow in login window a new item appers - says rotation availible. I'm a nob and I don't know what it's mean and how to use it. Thank you Ahmad Moaway, you did a god job for so many people!!!

Success here on an Asus P5B Deluxe & Core 2 Duo E6400. Just installed Loki's package and selected both options (10.4.9 update and 10.4.9 kernel). Also set fsb=266 in com.apple.Boot.plist, but I'm not yet sure it's working. QE & CI are working properly after reboot, no need to install Natit.

The only "bad" thing that I've noticed so far is that "About This Mac" reports the processor as 1.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo :)

Good luck to everyone ;)

Unfortunatley does not work for me. I think it's to do with the fact that I have a dell 8400, and although it's SSE3, NX, nohept, even with the nohept kernel I just get a panic on boot. Hopefully if th esources are release emthex might be able to do his magic on it.

Great!

Success here on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe & Core 2 Duo E6300.

Just installed Loki's package and selected both options (10.4.9 update and 10.4.9 kernel).

Reboot and System hangup.

And need to install Natit.kext again in safe mode.

Everything O.K.

NEVER NEVER use pacifist!!!!

Great!

Success here on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe & Core 2 Duo E6300.

Just installed Loki's package and selected both options (10.4.9 update and 10.4.9 kernel).

Reboot and System hangup.

And need to install Natit.kext again in safe mode.

Everything O.K.

NEVER NEVER use pacifist!!!!

Where did U download LOKI UPDATER? and how did U uncompress it?

I downloaded file from Demonoid and I can't unzip it!

Maybe the torrent file in Demonoid is corrupted?

(Where is the Green Demon site?)

Thanks in advanced!

the eject key on my Apple keyboard has stopped working. Any ideas?

Just seen this posted elsewhere:

"The problem is - that there is no problem at all. If you hold down the Eject key for about 1.5 seconds, the key will function properly. I tested this myself, while on 10.4.8 I just tapped the key briefly and the disk comes out. After upgrading to 10.4.9 this is no longer the case, there is a time delay added, to prevent those accidental “oops, I missed the delete key” situations.

So hold that Eject key for about 1.5 seconds and wait for your disk to say g’day."