Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I have the 1026/1969 Attansic L1, and none of the drivers work, with or without DevIDs patched.

The 10.5.6 version (I am using iPC 10.5.6) is recognised, comes up with en(0) and a MAC address, but the MAC address is bad, according to the console.

Any possible method of getting 1026/1969 working?

I have the 1026/1969 Attansic L1, and none of the drivers work, with or without DevIDs patched.

The 10.5.6 version (I am using iPC 10.5.6) is recognised, comes up with en(0) and a MAC address, but the MAC address is bad, according to the console.

Any possible method of getting 1026/1969 working?

Stay tuned on this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=140907&hl=

Reader02 is working and porting linux driver to mac

Anyway your card is an ATL1E not ATL1 :unsure:

Please, anybody, check the network sharing access to shared folders on computer with Attansic L1 network card and kext from this topic! I have a big problem, my L1 work fine while im trying to access shared folders from another Mac :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI - on 10.5.7 w/ VMware Fusion I get consistent/replicable panics.. found nothing in any of the logs but would be willing to share more information if anyone's interested (at this point I'm going to order an PCI-e X4 NIC)..

(L1 on a P5b-VM SE)

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to install the Attansic L1 (not a1e) in iatkos v7 10.5.7 ???

Is anyone know if there is a working version for it? i tried the 10.5.6 kext but its not working...

I'm on Asus P5K...

Thank you for helping...

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates? Anybody, help?!

i use sleepwatcher 2.0.5 utility to unload/load kext driver when .sleep .wake

it's not 100% reliable for my hw (the kext sometime crash or stop working after loading) but is the only way to go,

until someone take care to correct the driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, after searching endlessly is there a working driver for the 1069:1062 (not 1026)????

I have ideneb 10.5.7 on an hp mini 110. I tried the L1E drivers with changed dev id which was giving me a network device and blinking lights for the first time (when cable plugged in) but I cannot get it to work, seems like its getting no ip and no real traffic at all. (mac address seemed to be right though) I just tried the L1E kext and changed the id in the plist, do I need to use another IONetworkingFamily or something????

thanks for hints or help

Hi I'm in the same situation. I have a Aspire D250 with a stable iATKOSv7. Mouse gestures, quartz, sound, video all work.

What is missing is the wired LAN.

I have tried *all* the current Attansic drivers and changed the device ID but none of them work on the 1969:1062 revc0 version (AR8132).

A Linux driver exists for the AR8132 so it will need to be ported over. Reader02 has done this successfully before. So he might be our only hope.

Apart from the LAN issue the D250 handles 10.5.7 very well and would be a great 'Acertosh' with a six cell battery and 2GB ram.

• 2 weeks later...
Try the ones posted here ( link )

Hi Jimmy, thank you for posting that link. I looked through all the drivers but there aren't any for the Attansic ID 1969:1062. There are for the 1969:1026 though :) so close....

I am currently using the LinksysUSB200M which works well...although the throughput (approx. 200kBs) is not as good as the built in port even while using the right kext for it.

Hi, is it Attansic L1, L1E, L2? try to add hardware Id to the kexts, if not successful then you need to grab the source and modd it yourself perhaps.

Hi Jimmy, thank you for posting that link. I looked through all the drivers but there aren't any for the Attansic ID 1969:1062. There are for the 1969:1026 though ;) so close....

I am currently using the LinksysUSB200M which works well...although the throughput (approx. 200kBs) is not as good as the built in port even while using the right kext for it.

Hi, is it Attansic L1, L1E, L2? try to add hardware Id to the kexts, if not successful then you need to grab the source and modd it yourself perhaps.

I have been trying to get a working driver for the Attansic AR8132 NIC (1969:1062) which is technically in the Attansic L2c family. I have the L2 ethernet kext (AttansicL2Ethernet.kext) and the source for it. I have managed to get it to recognize and do the initial setup of my NIC and it even detects connection/disconnection of the physical cable as well as media type detection (10/100 hdx/fdx).

I am not a driver programmer, however, and I have reached the limit of my knowledge with this driver. It will self-assign an IP address when it is set to DHCP and setting a manual address does nothing to allow network communication. Basically, the problem with the driver at the moment is that it eventually reaches a state in which the buffer_len > txbuf_unused which results in the error: "no enough resource!!". Again, with my limited knowledge of network drivers, it appears that txbuf_unused should somehow be reset periodically to prevent the above condition. I am not sure if there is a hardware flag set incorrectly in the source code--possibly a discrepancy between the L2(e) and L2c hardware.

If anyone has any knowledge in this area, I would be very grateful for any insight you can provide. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah,

I would realy like to find driver for Atheros L1E, I'm on P5K and using (unfortunatley) 10.5.7

I already tried few of available solutions but for earlier relesases including famous one for 10.5.6 and update for snow retail... still can't make it work.. :(

I've installed iAtkos v7 and made everithing work great for now... except internet... it sounds like small thing when I put it this way... but I've realy apriciate some help.. advice... anything.. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...