Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

Hello, I have the Attansic L1E. Can you give me the source code for a a adaptation for the type of card. Thank.

I'm interested too, I didn't find the source code of the latest _working_ kext ATL1 driver.

Is there a way to make it run on Attansic L2? (asus eee pc 900)

Not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
i install kext to retail version 10.5.4

id lan PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_1048&SUBSYS_82261043&REV_B0\4&935E26E&0&00E3

kext for Atlantic nice work on iDeneb, but on retail version Mac OSX 10.5.4 istalled with help boot 132 , my lan cards RTL 8139 and Atlantiс doest work status "not plug in cabel"

how i can resolve it ?

This happens because IONetworking is incompatible... If you update to 10.5.6, you will have no problems with the installer I have posted (my signature)

Or, you could edit the Info.plist for both kexts, to match your system...

thanks it's finally working it was my IONetworkingFamily

using the installer alone would cause a kernel panic when i rebooted

safe mode wouldn't work only way to successfully boot again was to delete

AttansicL1Ethernet.kext from extensions folder

here is how i got it to work on my p5b-e with 10.5.6

use Jimmy's 10.5.6 installer but before rebooting edit the info.plist inside AttansicL1Ethernet.kext to match your IONetworkingFamily.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext versions

i changed:

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.6</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>2.5</string>

to:

<key>com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily</key>

<string>1.6.1</string>

<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>

<string>2.5</string>

and:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10481969 0x816810ec</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10481969</string>

repair permissions and reboot

Hi, Here is a 10.5.6 version of the Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext, fixed some dependencies, therefore it works with the vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext :)

This pkg includes a simple script for bringing back the Attansic L1 NIC after sleep: Type " attansic " in the terminal

Huge thanks to DaemonES & MadInt

AttansicL1Ethernet_10.5.6.zip

Thank you very mach Jimmy

Ok I am a little confused as to what the issue is now and was hoping someone can clear my mind :)

I have a ASUS P5Q Pro mobo that has the built in Attansic L1 Ethernet (Atheros R8131) 1026:1969 82261043. I understand many have said there is no driver for onboard NIC.

I have taken teh Attansic L1 driver and editied the decive ID and what not in its plist file. The OS then detects the NIC and when I go to system network settings my NIC shows up, also that the cable is plugged in (green light!) and I can then go set my static IP addresses. Also in ifconfig I can see that en0 has the correct MAC address of the NIC.

But as many of you will know, it still does not work. Can not connect to internet and cant ping. If I look at dmesg for the boot up process, we have the error that all suspect "MAC address throught SPI is invalid".

So can anyone help my understand this error message? SPI as in serial peripheral interface or a firewall issue? Also what driver is resposible for this error. Is it the AttansicL1 driver or IONetworkFamily, or something else?

I know I can buy a realtek NIC. I have one I can pinch from my other PC not in use. But thats not the point. I want what I cant have, and if I cant have it I usually take matter into my own hands and find a way if possible.

Appreciate any advice people can give.

DrP.

OK guys, I've attached current snapshot of the driver. It's not fully functional yet (it receives, but not transmits packets). All that I may know now how it communicates and setups hardware. Attansic L1 is very hard to program. To test driver you need 2 terminals:

1. In the first terminal type: tail -f /var/log/system.log

2. In the second enter to the driver directory and type sh loaddebug.sh

After some time you will see in the first screen messages from the driver. Post it here please.

hi guys please help us owners of the 1969:1026 variant of the Attansic NIC!

i have it in my eeepc 901 so it is not possible here to replace it.... that would help many other eeepc owners! osx works perfectly except for the NIC :)

thanks bye

Hi, i have Asus EeePC 1000H,... and...

in Windows XP system say the ethernet is:

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

but

in Ubuntu 8.10 (linux) system say the ethernet is:

Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0)

when i type in terminal lspci, and if i check it in the SYSINFO, same information Attansic L1...

so i want to ask, if i can use L1 ethernet driver, in Mac OSX (iDeneb, or another) who is in this Thread from Jimmy Mallmann, in site 18. Should work? (i'm sorry for my english)

iDeneb 10.5.5 on Asus p5q - NIC Atheros 1026:1969

install driver

repair permission

after rebbot - in Network Config i see all my NICs (Intel Pro/100 and Atheros)

i manualy config Atheros with settings from WindowsXP (disable Intel pro NIC)

Networ interface look like good (green bulb etc) but cant open any web page etc

And not ping to any ip in my office

ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1 
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
fw0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030
lladdr 00:1e:8c:00:01:71:5a:8a 
media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::222:15ff:fe90:c191%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5 
inet 192.168.0.213 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 192.168.255.255
ether 00:22:15:90:c1:91 
media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>) status: active
supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 100baseTX 
<half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 1000baseT <half-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex>
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::290:27ff:fea7:5120%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6 
inet 192.168.100.109 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.100.255
ether 00:90:27:a7:51:20 
media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>) status: active
supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 100baseTX 
<half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex>

reboot - to windows - all work good

if enable Intel Pro/100 NIC - worked!!!

iDeneb 10.5.5 on Asus p5q - NIC Atheros 1026:1969

install driver

repair permission

after rebbot - in Network Config i see all my NICs (Intel Pro/100 and Atheros)

i manualy config Atheros with settings from WindowsXP (disable Intel pro NIC)

Networ interface look like good (green bulb etc) but cant open any web page etc

And not ping to any ip in my office

ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1 
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
fw0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 2030
lladdr 00:1e:8c:00:01:71:5a:8a 
media: autoselect <full-duplex> status: inactive
supported media: autoselect <full-duplex>
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::222:15ff:fe90:c191%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5 
inet 192.168.0.213 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 192.168.255.255
ether 00:22:15:90:c1:91 
media: autoselect (1000baseT <full-duplex>) status: active
<half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 1000baseT <half-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex>
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::290:27ff:fea7:5120%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6 
inet 192.168.100.109 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.100.255
ether 00:90:27:a7:51:20 
media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>) status: active
<half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex>

reboot - to windows - all work good

if enable Intel Pro/100 NIC - worked!!!

I can not understand very good your post....... were you able to get the NIC 1026:1969 to work under leopard or not?

if yes, please write what you did step by step as we are having many troubles with this NIC.....

thanks!

@ Moly82

Sandr is just like me. I all looks to work except you cant ping or access the Internet. This is because the driver still has an error "MAC address through SPI is invalid". Read my first post further up for more details. You can see this error via a verbose boot up or typing dmesg in terminal. This is the last thing to fix before it might work. But thing is this might not be fixable with out re-writing the driver. And I assume this is what Xilin is getting at in his post just a little further up. A driver is attempting to be made but its very hard to code for this NIC and at the moment it only supports data being received not transmitted yet. With all the posts I over looked this as well.

Whats really anoying is that despite the error I can still see a mac address assigned in ifconfig. I tried using a script I made to reassign the MAC address on bootup but it made no difference.

@ Moly82

Sandr is just like me. I all looks to work except you cant ping or access the Internet. This is because the driver still has an error "MAC address through SPI is invalid". Read my first post further up for more details. You can see this error via a verbose boot up or typing dmesg in terminal. This is the last thing to fix before it might work. But thing is this might not be fixable with out re-writing the driver. And I assume this is what Xilin is getting at in his post just a little further up. A driver is attempting to be made but its very hard to code for this NIC and at the moment it only supports data being received not transmitted yet. With all the posts I over looked this as well.

Whats really anoying is that despite the error I can still see a mac address assigned in ifconfig. I tried using a script I made to reassign the MAC address on bootup but it made no difference.

hi DrP thanks for your answer now I understand :):(

so let's hope that someone capable who would like to gain our total respect and thanks will fix this for us! :ihw_wow:

bye!!

First of all, thanks to all you guys who made this driver available!

Jimmy, your 10.5.6 pkg doesn't seem to be available anymore (I'm trying the link on your signature). Can you re-post it?

I've got a working system here (P5K-SE mobo) but for some reason the network is not active upon system start. I have to open the terminal and call "attansic" for the kext to get reloaded. It used to work ok on Kalyway 10.5.2.

Thanks again!

Rafael

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, Here is a 10.5.6 version of the Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext, fixed some dependencies, therefore it works with the vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext :lol:

This pkg includes a simple script for bringing back the Attansic L1 NIC after sleep: Type " attansic " in the terminal

Huge thanks to DaemonES & MadInt

AttansicL1Ethernet_10.5.6.zip

thanks jimmy, worked like a charm on an asus P5KPL-VM.

thanks mate.

Hello!

I have Asus P3-P5G31 barebone PC with Leopard 10.5.6 and my Atheros L1 work fine with kext from this topic but with one BIG problem! I cant share files! Then i enable sharing in settings panel computer freeze for about minute and then lost network connection (or then i trying to access shares from another Mac). Enybody have the same problem or can test this feature?

Другими словами, драйвер работает, но как только я пытаюсь расшарить файлы то все подвисает на несколько минут и потом мак теряет сеть, но шаринг какбы срабатывает и если потом я пытаюсь с другого мака зайти в эти расшаренные папки - после минуты попыток соединения компьютер с сетевой картой атерос просто пропадает из списка компьютеров в сети.