Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

BTW, you have to autorize kextload and kextunload in sudoers file.

You easily do it that way:

1. Open a shell command

2. sudo visudo

3. Append following lines at the end of file:

%users localhost=/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

%users localhost=/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

4.Write/quit

That's it!

Hey martin, I tried your advice to run the script automatically using sleepwatcher but it doesn't seem to work. do you know of any other ways to automate the script?

So... Heres the thing. Ive got iATKos v4i running quite nicely. I installed the L1 driver in v2i and it worked. However after reinstalling with v4i and installing the driver from the latest time its posted I can see the en0 and the correct Mac Address. However all I can get is an APIPA address. DHCP will not give me an address. Also when I set it manually I cannot connect to anything.

Okay folks, so this is really weird. I admit I'm rather new to OSX but a networking newbie I am not. I have been trying to figure out why my network will not connect. So I decided to see if my card was even talking on the network. I ran Wireshark with a filter to capture on the MAC Address of my Attansic L1 on the OSX system. Turns out the card talks on the network just fine. For some reason Mac cannot read or apparently understand the network. The Attansic Card is sending data to the network. However, it will not respond to requests such as ping also it will not respond to handshake requests. I assume that it is sending data to the network and just not reading anything. Any ideas as to why this is happening are of course appreciated. Help fixing it even more so. Thanks for all the osX86 community has done thus far and keep on rollin' folks.

**UPDATE**

Just got even weirder. I installed Wireshark onto the system with the Attansic L1 in it. Loaded wireshark up and started caputuring. I was most amazed to see network traffic going both ways as well as the traffic on my general network. So I starting installing my apps, Adium, Fusion, and what not. Anyway as an after thought I closed out of wireshark and tried to check my email. It wouldn't load. So, out of curiosity I loaded up my Wireshark and started capturing again. Low and behold I got traffic. My email came through and all was well. Close Wireshark nothing works. Caputer with wireshark and my network works.... Any ideas? because Im at a loss...

My Attansic works!!! (Posting this with it!)

To the developer(s): while(YES){[developer thx: @"You're the greatest!"];}

Pleaseeee somebody give me a lan driver for attasic...i have leo4all instaled on my P5kpl mobo ...everything is working but the lan...give a link or send it to mariusco7915@yahoo.com

thanks

Please help to find any worker kext\pkg. Or prompt as to adjust that what to be put at installation. Has tried to put 8 times - any does not work. Motherboard Asus P5Q Pro. iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 for IntelAMD ( SSE2SSE3).

post-290475-1223014392_thumb.jpeg

post-290475-1223014404_thumb.jpeg

OSX86Tools - LSPCI:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

Many thanks.

Hi...

I'm new here and I was just wondering if there was any update to the driver? I just started my hackintosh project and if it would be cool to have someone point t the newest driver to me? I'm having a little trouble navigating the website since it's my very first time. Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Hello everybody, is there any chance of making Attansic L2 Ethernet driver? I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on Asus P5G-MX and everything worked fine except LAN :D . I tried Attansic L1 driver but it doesn't work.

Hey, I'm having Asus P5G-MX too but after install Kalyway 10.5.2 nothing work: no sound, no network, and I dont know if driver for Intel GMA950 worked or no.

Can you tell me how you choose in customize when installing Kalyway ?

hi guys i have a long story about my hackintosh. seller installed mac os 10,4,10 then one day i tried to install maya 2008 n i saw a topic in this site it was telling that i need to change my ionetworkingfamily.kext file with the attached one to topic. i did this. (am i silly ehehehe). n now i havent internet n my motherboard is asus p5b attansicl1 ethernet. may anyone help me for the righteous driver? coz i couldnt understand which driver n how i need to install in this topic. thanks all. waiting reply soon. :) btw when i open comp its written that press shift+f10 ...... (i couldnt read here its flowing fast) rtl8111/8168 bla bla im not sure that my ethernet card is attansicl1 after this note. is there anyone can help me?

Hi!

First of all thanks a lot for all your engagement for developing that driver.

My problem:

i boot up osx 10.5.4 (based on kalyway 10.5.2 + 10.5.3 kalyway update) install the driver package (the installer) then click into the network settings -> it says theres a new network device, couple seconds later it works great! but then... when i reboot nothing happens...

the errors i figured out are the following:

can't get a connection to the hardware devince + can't get the mac address of it.

i've attached two pictures showing the errors

oh yeah, i've got an asus p5b-e motherboard... bios revision 1802

intel e6600 core2duo processor, 4x 2gb ddr2-800 modules, but i guess they don't matter much =)

In Everest it says Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller

Mac Adress: 00-18-F3-9D-7D-7F

Thanks for your help

Florian

post-49397-1224502124_thumb.jpg

post-49397-1224502289_thumb.jpg

I'm downloading iDeneb 10.5.5 install DVD

on the feature list it mentioned the attansic l1 driver, I'll try that, it might work. messed up my osx86 anyways by installing nvinject 0.2.1 for a 8800gts. the login window doesn't pop up anymore... neither does the os load at all, just see a blue wallpaper screen oder, when in safe mode, it shows the standard wallpaper for leo

I'll let you know as soon as i get the 10.5.5 installed.