Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!

:D:):D:|:P

I finally have my onboard LAN working....

EDITED:

I can't use IONetworkingFamily.kext that is included in pkg because my TM stopped working. I installed my last working kext and my LAN is still working.

So I use combination of your pkg and attached IONetworkingFamily.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

Installed driver via osx86tools autoinstall. Works fine. But makes kernel panic if there is no such network card, and driver installed.

I share same hdd with 2 hackintoshes, the main difference is network card - I have attansic l1 on one of them and some intel-based card on the other.

Intel-based driver works fine in case there is such card and when there isn't, and attansic driver has to be removed from extensions to boot machine with intel card to avoid kernel panic on booting.

does not look like it... i put the proper dev id in the plist...

when booting up i get a msg saying something not allowed mac addy SPI something...

and a few lines below i get a mac adress assigned... when checking sysprefs it shows connected...

but then internet does not work, pinging does not either...

i will get me a pci ethernet card today

though, not sure wich one to buy :wallbash:

OK guys, I've attached current snapshot of the driver. It's not fully functional yet (it receives, but not transmits packets). All that I may know now how it communicates and setups hardware. Attansic L1 is very hard to program. To test driver you need 2 terminals:

1. In the first terminal type: tail -f /var/log/system.log

2. In the second enter to the driver directory and type sh loaddebug.sh

After some time you will see in the first screen messages from the driver. Post it here please.

Thank you, DaemonES!

Using your early xcode snapshot from page 1 of this thread

"AttansicL1Ethernet.zip ( 122.26K )" for my AMD box (10.5.2)

I copied from the subdir ./AttansicL1Ethernet/build/Release/

the AttansicL1Ethernet.kext folder to /System/Library/Extensions/

and immediately thereafter a window were popped up "found new..."

(or so, I can't remember me)

In "System Preferences -> Network" I activated the new "en0" with its defaults

and my Router-IP as "DNS-Server".

Since then my internet connection works without any faults.

This reply refers to "my AMD box" in my signature

AND my AttansicL1 chip refers to VEN:DEV = 1969:1048

The first attachment shows my 10.5.2 "About This Mac",

the 2nd my new iDeneb 10.5.5 one..

post-128911-1226323225_thumb.jpg

post-128911-1228762456_thumb.jpg

Greetings!

I just installed an iDeneb 1.3 10.5.5 and I have problems with the network adapter..

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q (Yes, it has the Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 @ 3GHz

RAM: 2*2Gb Dual Channel Mushkin Performance

HDD: SATA-2 Samsung on ICH10

I found various versions of drivers but none of them seemed to work..

Can anyone post here a link for the driver that works with 10.5.5 ?

Thank you very, very much.

I tried the last installer (after reading all pages searching for it, guys, a front page info would be nice ;) ) in a Asus P5QC and the network didn't work. More information about this one would be great for anyone that has tryed this too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I've got an Asus P5KPL-CM Mainboard with an Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card.

I read this threat and downloaded the Attansic L1 kext file and changed the Device ID from 0x10481969 to 0x10261969 because Everest and other Diagnostic Programs told me that this is the device ID (1969-1026)

after changing the device ID in info.plist i installed the kext with kexthelper. then I restarted and nothing happens.

the NIC won't be identified!

Whats the problem on this configuration?

plz help me

*UPDATE*

After updating the IONetworkingFamily.kext finally my Onboard NIC is noch recognized, but i only got a self assigned IP (error message at boot is "Mac address trough SPI is Invalid")!!

i think i've got the Attansic L1E onboard NIC instead of the Attansic L1...

what to do now?

NO, I think, that correct driver for Attansic L1 Ethernet with ID 1969-1026 (0x10261969) does not exists for Mac OSX !!!

If you want to connect to LAN (Internet or etc...), only solution is buy a new PCI Ethernet Card for example with chipset Realtek RTL8139 like me and other users, who have similar problem with attasnic L1 Ethernet.

It's quite annoying having a PCI ethernet card... I noticed that on my linux OS I've got a module for my ethernet ATL1E, they're developing,

I've compiled 2.6.27.6-default linux kernel by myself and I included the ATL1E that is in developing, but it works very well: /lib/modules/2.6.27.6-default/kernel/drivers/net/atl1e/atl1e.ko

Should we import that module from the kernel source?

NO, I think, that correct driver for Attansic L1 Ethernet with ID 1969-1026 (0x10261969) does not exists for Mac OSX !!!

If you want to connect to LAN (Internet or etc...), only solution is buy a new PCI Ethernet Card for example with chipset Realtek RTL8139 like me and other users, who have similar problem with attasnic L1 Ethernet.

Hy,

well if I was smarter and read this before installing I wouldn’t lost 8 hours yesterday...

I was trying to install iDeneb 10.5.5

Configuration is:

ASUS P5KR

E6750

Audigy SB

XFX 9600GT

Corsair VX 450W

2x250gb seagate baracuda

2x640gb WD

1x500gb samsung

1x320gb seagate baracuda

(all SATA II)

Silicon image controller A-341 (PCI-E)

2xATA DVD-RW (pioneer and sony-nec)

so there is no way to install Attansic L1 Ethernet?

I can see that someone started developing drivers...

Well nothing...I will buy some cheap ass Realtek ;)

Yes, that's true! My AMDbox was running on JaS' 10.4.8 and later on ToH's 10.5.1

I had to buy a RTL8139D - for about 9 USD - to get LAN running. Coz I prepared

that box for selling I removed my good ol' 8139 and cleared the hdisk.

Just for fun I installed temporarely ToH's 10.5.2 and LAN was not working. So I found

that particular driver I descibed serveral posts above. And LAN was running since then

thru the builtin Attansic chip.

My AMDbox isn't sold since now so there I installed a few days ago iDeneb1.3-10.5.5 for AMD/Intel

and my Attansic chip works by selecting that driver in the install "Customize" section.

From that /System/Library/Extensions folder I copied the Attansic kext and zipped it using BetterZip.

In my attachment you can try that kext...

Inside that folder in the Info.plist I found:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10481969 0x816810ec</string>

Sorry for all DEV=1026 owners, but you can give it a try...(by changing the DEV string??? - but I'm in doubt)

Hi Stenka Razin! You mentioned this thread is for 1969x1026 only. I never found any of such restrictions

in this tread. But - I'm not perfect.

But the cheap PCI card RTL8139D will work out of the box, of course! It's a wise decision to do so

for everybody where the Attansic chip is not working AND using a desktop box for inserting such a card ;-)

AttansicL1Ethernet.zip

Hy,

but how can I find out is it my Attansic chip 1969x1048 or 1969x1026?

I am using windows xp pro sp2.

In everest ultimate edition i see only this info:

Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller

Tnx.

Forget about this..I found it in everest :D

Devices-PCI devices..

my ID is 1969x1048..I will try with this driver

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=31745

no..same odl problem..

I tried to instal iDeneb whin vanila kernel and only whit ICHR and Jmicon drivers..no sound..no graphics..no nothing..

when installation is done my pc restarts...and then I get error

you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button for several second or press restart button

I tryed whit other kernel versions..no efect..whit or without pacages for sound and graphic..no results...so..and idea?

Hy,

but how can I find out is it my Attansic chip 1969x1048 or 1969x1026?

I am using windows xp pro sp2.

In everest ultimate edition i see only this info:

Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller

Tnx.

Forget about this..I found it in everest ;)

Devices-PCI devices..

my ID is 1969x1048..I will try with this driver

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=31745

no..same odl problem..

I tried to instal iDeneb whin vanila kernel and only whit ICHR and Jmicon drivers..no sound..no graphics..no nothing..

when installation is done my pc restarts...and then I get error

you need to restart your computer. hold down the power button for several second or press restart button

I tryed whit other kernel versions..no efect..whit or without pacages for sound and graphic..no results...so..and idea?

try booting in safe mode (-x) or boot with verbose(-v) and tell us the error that you see

I tried the last installer (after reading all pages searching for it, guys, a front page info would be nice :) ) in a Asus P5QC and the network didn't work. More information about this one would be great for anyone that has tryed this too.

Damn i have the same damn problem on the same damn board. I hope they can get this fixed ASAP! it's a f__king pain in the ass trying all these damn things.