Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

or if u dont have/dont know what kext helper is.

copy the kext to system/library/extensions,then open terminal,

type sudo -s

enter your password

navigate to system/library/extensions to do that, type

cd /

cd system/library/extensions/

type kextload attansicl1ethernet.kext

open disk utility and click repair permissions

the commands u have to enter are bold

OR

u can download the full version, of the codec, open terminal, navigate where u downloaded it and type: sh installrelease.sh enter ur password when prompted restart after finishing. then u should have it. if u have problems just pm me

thanks to people here, i now have 2 nics in my hackintosh:)

I have Asus P5K MB and Kalyway 10.5.2 and my Attansic card works but... I got problems with file sharing through afp. Smb, screen sharing and internet work without any problems.

Does the adapter acquire it's ip adress on wake from sleep ? Cose mine doesn't... :D Sleep kernel is useless if attansic don't wake ...

Is there a command i can run in terminal to post a log ?

hrm, I was able to test the drivers last night before I ran into some partition problems. They seemed to work fine for network stuff... easy to set up and everything.

Does the adapter acquire it's ip adress on wake from sleep ? Cose mine doesn't... :P Sleep kernel is useless if attansic don't wake ...

I have vanilla kernel

I've tested the sleep mode and yes, the card doesn't wake up after it - I had to reboot my pc to get it to work again.

Thanks emulatorB and ofcourse demoniod, madint and nostabonn it works like a charm one last thing would be adding dhcp support because currently this isn't working on my system

asus p5bse, 4gb ram coreduo 6600, external usb HD

Great work now only sound is left for me to find a working kext.

Thanks emulatorB and ofcourse demoniod, madint and nostabonn it works like a charm one last thing would be adding dhcp support because currently this isn't working on my system

Great!

I installed the driver in my asus P5KC, I setup with DHCP and it works.

Thanks for the efforts.

dhcp works for me as well.

could u describe whats happening when u select dhcp option? something special or just not obtaining address. grep from system.log would be helpful,maybe?

dhcp works for me as well.

could u describe whats happening when u select dhcp option? something special or just not obtaining address. grep from system.log would be helpful,maybe?

Will try this later, first have to reinstall everything because after trying to update to 10.5.2 it crashed. Have tried to remove the acpi.kext and also reinstalled the dsmos.kext but didn't help.

So now i've decided to reinstall and will not upgrade to 10.5.2.

Oke i've reinstalled leopard and only installed the network driver via ktexthelper and rebooted my system. After reboot network is unavailable.

If i go to system preferences => network => configure dhcp is choosen but no addresses are given and network stays red. If i choos dhcp with manual adress and type in a ipaddress it's not working.

Only completely manualy is working. I've had a look at the system.log but can't find anything interesting.

<SNIPPET>

Apr 19 19:38:52 wingies-mac-pro configd[33]: setting hostname to "wingies-mac-pro.local"

Apr 19 19:38:52 wingies-mac-pro kernel[0]: AttansicL1Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:1d:60:1c:0f:09

Apr 19 19:38:52 wingies-mac-pro /usr/sbin/ocspd[75]: starting

Apr 19 19:41:29 wingies-mac-pro mDNSResponder[22]: Note: Frequent transitions for interface en0 (192.168.1.12); network traffic reduction measures in effect

</SNIPPET>

Is there anything specific I should look for?

to be honest i dont see anything specific with ur log wingleader.

u say when u choose automatic the icon stays red- red mean it has cable unplugged? am i right?dump question: u have dhcp enabled in the router?maybe just doublecheck.

is the 192.168.1.12 configured manually or with dhcp selected, cos if yes it actually gets the ip from router

to be honest i dont see anything specific with ur log wingleader.

u say when u choose automatic the icon stays red- red mean it has cable unplugged? am i right?dump question: u have dhcp enabled in the router?maybe just doublecheck.

is the 192.168.1.12 configured manually or with dhcp selected, cos if yes it actually gets the ip from router

I don't know if red means cable unplugged, I think it means that it doesn't know it's settings. Yep my router is dhcp enabled it works without a problem with vista/xp. I know my way around with networking.

the 192.168.1.12 is configured manually all other settings don't work (at this moment) with 10.5.1 version of kalyway.

i upgraded to 5.2 right after installing 5.1 so i cannot say would it work iwht 5.1 but it should,anyway:)

if u have ur system overclocked u may try to set the speeds to defaults and try to repair permissions(whish i suppose u know it:)).

in my case, lowering the fsb by 2mhz fixed the problem. i had 240, went down to 238(cos setting of pcie speed didnt work), fixed the stability problem. hows the transfers? r they slower then should be? hows with ping?

Hello everybody, is there any chance of making Attansic L2 Ethernet driver? I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on Asus P5G-MX and everything worked fine except LAN :D . I tried Attansic L1 driver but it doesn't work.

I tried the debug kext with my L2 some days ago. This is what I got when pinging my router:

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::selectMedium

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] Selected medium is 100FD

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] atl1PhySetupAutonegAdv() autosensing caps mii_autoneg_adv_reg=0xD00 mii_1000t_ctrl_reg=0x00

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] atl1PhySetupAutonegAdv() successfull

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::atl1PhyReset with media_type=2

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] Link is active, speed 100, duplex 2

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::outputPacket, length 342 tp_next_to_use=1

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::setMulticastMode, 1

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::setMulticastList

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::outputPacket, length 86 tp_next_to_use=2

I'm getting 'No route to host' or 'Host is down'

Again, pinging itself works...

I tried the debug kext with my L2 some days ago. This is what I got when pinging my router:

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::selectMedium

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] Selected medium is 100FD

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] atl1PhySetupAutonegAdv() autosensing caps mii_autoneg_adv_reg=0xD00 mii_1000t_ctrl_reg=0x00

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] atl1PhySetupAutonegAdv() successfull

Apr 24 22:55:56 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::atl1PhyReset with media_type=2

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] Link is active, speed 100, duplex 2

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::outputPacket, length 342 tp_next_to_use=1

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::setMulticastMode, 1

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::setMulticastList

Apr 24 22:55:58 smac kernel[0]: [AttansicL1Ethernet] AttansicL1Ethernet::outputPacket, length 86 tp_next_to_use=2

I'm getting 'No route to host' or 'Host is down'

Again, pinging itself works...

So what do you think, can you do it?

hi ...i am work in W 10.5.2 but sometime when i sleep or restart it's not work until i put the cable off and plug againg i have two ethertnet card the other one is realtek series when l1 is not work it effect the normal one

mb:p5kr

memory:4g

hi!

I had this driver working flawlessly until shortly after I reinstalled my LeoForAll.

Ever since it disconnects from the net shortly after booting up.

Also I am unable to shutdown or reboot properly. It is showing me the following message continously upon rebooting or shutting down.

[AttansicL1Ethernet] Error: rx exception: status = 0x65300021 

Anyone could help me out, Please?

I solve this unloading and reloading the driver. But I don't like this dirty solution. I can't confirm if the problem dissapears completely, but what is certain that even after unloading and reloading the driver, I still can't shutdown.