Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I read in another thread that you can restore network connectivity after sleep by unloading an re-loading the kernel extension.

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

You will have to do this every time you loose network connectivity after waking up from sleep. It worked for me but I hope this can be fixed in a future release of the driver.

Im a bit noob at this whole OSx86 thing, but how would I go about installing this kext, where would I have to put the files, and in what method, terminal, and what code would I need to put in the terminal.

Thanks for your hard work DaemonES and MadInt, and all the testers for getting the Attansic driver to work. The installer worked great, this is a first for me on a mac but reading these instructions for three days really explained the basics to me. ASUS P5L-VM 1394, the LAN worked now thanks to the driver package provided.

I second the idea to provide a link to the package on the first post instead of finding it on page 18 post 342. That was a lot of posts to read.

Same here as classicmac. After sleep network doesn't work. Unload and reload the kext solves the problem. Would be nice if this could be fixed in a future release. But I'm glad that the driver works!

I read in another thread that you can restore network connectivity after sleep by unloading an re-loading the kernel extension.

You will have to do this every time you loose network connectivity after waking up from sleep. It worked for me but I hope this can be fixed in a future release of the driver.

this works for me, however it would be nice if someone knew how to create a simple script to run these commands. I'm a bit of a noob with that kind of stuff. I tried to use Automator but didn't quite understand it. It's not as simple as telling it the command lines you want to run. Anyone want to create a script for those two commands?

this works for me, however it would be nice if someone knew how to create a simple script to run these commands. I'm a bit of a noob with that kind of stuff. I tried to use Automator but didn't quite understand it. It's not as simple as telling it the command lines you want to run. Anyone want to create a script for those two commands?

You can easily do it.

By using SleepWatcher, who monitor Mac's sleep and wakeup activity.

Then, SleepWatcher will execute sleep/wakeup scripts.

You have a live example who show you how to dismount devices when going to sleep.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...080329201951648

Then, you just have to put following lines in scripts:

In .sleep:

In .wakeup:

Hope this help.

BTW, you have to autorize kextload and kextunload in sudoers file.

You easily do it that way:

1. Open a shell command

2. sudo visudo

3. Append following lines at the end of file:

%users localhost=/sbin/kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

%users localhost=/sbin/kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

4.Write/quit

That's it!

Hi I am having trouble with the Attansic L1 Driver, is this still experimental? It does not work at all for me.

Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-CM

Installation: Vanilla Leopard (10.5.4) With EFI.

Ethernet: Attansic L1 (On Board)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz

Other kexts installed: NVInject, dsmos, ACPIPS2Nub, SMBIOSEnabler, IntelCPUPMDisabler

Is that more than enough information to help you?

AzN_DJ

Hi I am having trouble with the Attansic L1 Driver, is this still experimental? It does not work at all for me.

Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-CM

Installation: Vanilla Leopard (10.5.4) With EFI.

Ethernet: Attansic L1 (On Board)

Other kexts installed: NVInject, dsmos, ACPIPS2Nub, SMBIOSEnabler, IntelCPUPMDisabler

Is that more than enough information to help you?

AzN_DJ

Try the new version! Grab the installer :)

Try the new version! Grab the installer :)

Hello to All,

I have just been setting up my first hackintosh and it's been fun so far.

One by one, all my devices are starting to work.

My LAN Card was the last one I worked on (since I have a cheap Realtek card lying around).

I read this thread from post #1 and it's like a suspense thriller. I'm happy that it ended very well. :-)

DaemonES and company, my sincerest thanks to all of you.

Jim, thanks for the package. It's working flawlessly. :-)

I will now remove my PCI Realtek Card and use this built-in Attansic Card for this build.

Congratulations and more power! :huh:

Install method: Boot-132 disc (Or, EFI emulation)

Retail disk, i.e Vanilla kernel. Installed combo update to 10.5.4 via Software update.

EFI works

M/board: ASUS P5KPL-CM

SATA works out of box,

IDE is not working yet, but I'll work it out later. Have not touched it yet.

Graphics card: MSI NX6600 (Gforce4 NVidia). Patched using Natit.kext and QE works.

Sound: Currently using Logitech USB headset (works out of box). On board does not work yet.

Ethernet: Using Realtek at the moment which worked out of box, but the on board Attansic L1 does not work. Attempted to install using the latest script and it said it did something but it did not.

PIONEER DVD-RW: works out of box.

Sleep: Not tested.

I tried using Attansic L1 Ethernet.pkg but had no success, and I tried an older version with just the kext and that did not work either.

Is the IONetworkingFamily.kext update a mac update, or a hacked file?

AzN_DJ.

Install method: Boot-132 disc (Or, EFI emulation)

Retail disk, i.e Vanilla kernel. Installed combo update to 10.5.4 via Software update.

EFI works

M/board: ASUS P5KPL-CM

SATA works out of box,

IDE is not working yet, but I'll work it out later. Have not touched it yet.

Graphics card: MSI NX6600 (Gforce4 NVidia). Patched using Natit.kext and QE works.

Sound: Currently using Logitech USB headset (works out of box). On board does not work yet.

Ethernet: Using Realtek at the moment which worked out of box, but the on board Attansic L1 does not work. Attempted to install using the latest script and it said it did something but it did not.

PIONEER DVD-RW: works out of box.

Sleep: Not tested.

I tried using Attansic L1 Ethernet.pkg but had no success, and I tried an older version with just the kext and that did not work either.

Is the IONetworkingFamily.kext update a mac update, or a hacked file?

AzN_DJ.

If you installed the retail version, you need to update the IONetworkingFamily.kext , here is the new package!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=31745

Hi Everybody, need some help here:

I have an asus p5q with p45 chipset, and attansic l1e; I have tried out the newest pkg,

but nothing happend, nor the new item has shown in network preferences.

Later, I have ran the installrelease.sh with the following output:

file attribute adjusting for AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

Password:

extension AttansicL1Ethernet.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension AttansicL1Ethernet.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: AttansicL1Ethernet.kext loaded successfully

I do not understand this warning, and even the output said the kext has been loaded,

there is nothing in the network pref.

Any Idea?

Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext & IONetworkingFamily Update for Leopard Retail DVD Instalation Method

This pkg includes a simple script for bringing back the Attansic L1 NIC after sleep: Type " attansic " in the terminal

This instalation is destined to the MAC OS X 10.5.4 update, therefore it is necessary to update to the 10.5.4 version before installing this package!

If you you have installed from retail DVD you will need this package! :)

10.5.6 Version Here (link)

Atualização de Attansic L1 Ethernet Kext & IONetworkingFamily para o método de Instalação "Retail" do MAC OS X Leopard

Este pkg inclui um script simples para restaurar a rede após o estado de hibernação: Digite " attansic " no terminal

Esta atualização é destinada ao MAC OS X Leopard 10.5.4, portanto é necessário atualizar para a versão 10.5.4 antes de instalar este pacote!

Se você instalou do DVD original você vai precisar deste pacote! :D

Versão para 10.5.6 (link)

Huge thanks to DaemonES & MadInt

AttansicL1Ethernet.zip

Hi,

First, thanks for to DaemonES, MadInt and Jimmy Mallman: that's some great work.

I have the same problem as drLB: the Attansic L1 driver doesn't work on an ASUS P5Q, which contains an Attansic L1E integrated NIC (vendor ID: 1969, card ID: 1026). After installing the (very) convenient package, I modified the Info.plist file and added 0x10261969 to the IOCPIMatch entry, and rebooted. I got the following message in the /var/log/system.log:

[AttansicL1Ethernet] Error: Mac address through SPI is invalid

AttansicL1Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:22:15:0e:e5:40

and the card isn't accessible.

I'd love to help debug this issue, but I don't have access to the source code. Any chance of having a look at it?

Thanks.

Hi,

First, thanks for to DaemonES, MadInt and Jimmy Mallman: that's some great work.

I have the same problem as drLB: the Attansic L1 driver doesn't work on an ASUS P5Q, which contains an Attansic L1E integrated NIC (vendor ID: 1969, card ID: 1026). After installing the (very) convenient package, I modified the Info.plist file and added 0x10261969 to the IOCPIMatch entry, and rebooted. I got the following message in the /var/log/system.log:

[AttansicL1Ethernet] Error: Mac address through SPI is invalid

AttansicL1Ethernet: Ethernet address 00:22:15:0e:e5:40

and the card isn't accessible.

I'd love to help debug this issue, but I don't have access to the source code. Any chance of having a look at it?

Thanks.

Hi, the errors you´ve got are common, if you´ve got them, it is working, or almost, the Attansic L1e Ethernet is a bit different from the original, but it should work with some mod