Attansic L1 Driver Project

DaemonES

597 posts in this topic

I am currently working with 100BaseTX half-duplex,

how do i get it in full-duplex?

There must be appropriate option in ethernet adapter settings.

Another way is do it throught terminal, by entering sudo ifconfig en0 media 100BaseTX mediaopt full-duplex

when I -> sudo ./loaddebug.sh

this show (I use Kalyway 10.5.2)

file attribute adjusting for AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

extension AttansicL1Ethernet.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension AttansicL1Ethernet.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: loaded version 1.0.0 of module ru.Applelife.AttansicL1Ethernet differs from requested version 1.0.0 (UUIDs differ)

kextload: a different version of AttansicL1Ethernet.kext, or of one of its dependencies, is already loaded

help me please?

Try to

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/AttansicL1Ethernet.kext

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo reboot

It seems someone included unworkable version of driver to DVD. Stupid decission include unstable SW.

Congratulations DaemonEs and MadInt. Nice work.

I hardly dare to ask about the Attansic L2... :(

I tried the L1: I get an active link with mac-address. I can also ping itself but I don't get through to the router. :D

Any chance for us Attansic L2 users? DaemonES? MadInt? :)

I got it to work!! yay!! I wasn't really sure how to use the install .sh files though, so I just used kexthelper. Can anyone confirm if the release version works? I am using the debug version right now.

Thanks everyone for the development and efforts!!

Guest undefined
I got it to work!! yay!! I wasn't really sure how to use the install .sh files though, so I just used kexthelper. Can anyone confirm if the release version works? I am using the debug version right now.

Thanks everyone for the development and efforts!!

i can :)

and when i turned comptuer on with cable plugged, it didnt recognize it as connected, i had to install the new version and reboot to get it to work!

hey guys!

been following this thread a long time now. i'm very happy that somebody finally got it to work.

it works on my mobo as well but i cannot say it's working good. the problem is with the speed and autonegotiation.

when i install the kext(no matter: debug, release or via kext helper) it install and loads allright:)

then i have to select(manually) speed and duplex mode. if i select 10 or 100mbit and half or full duplex(no matter what combination) it gets the right ip and all the configuration from dhcp but the speed is about 1kb/s in/out and barely loads the top of web pages. i can ping servers, adium works, so i guess the only thing whats wrong is something with the speed configuration thus it cannot load pages becouse of 1kb/s transfer.

i wanted to change/reconfigure something in the script itself but just don't know excacly what is resposible for what.

when i change the speed to 1000mbit it says its manually configured(by osx i guess...) address from 169.x.x.x or 10.39.x.x and cannot connect to anything.

below, my ifconfig dump:

lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1 
inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000 
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 
gif0: flags=8010<POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST> mtu 1280
stf0: flags=0<> mtu 1280
en0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::200:1cff:fec9:df81%en0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x4 
inet 192.168.0.8 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
ether 00:00:1c:c9:df:81 
media: autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control>) status: active
supported media: autoselect 100baseTX <full-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex,flow-control> 100baseTX <hw-loopback> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex,flow-control> 10baseT/UTP <hw-loopback> 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> none
en3: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::218:f3ff:fe74:4f14%en3 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5 
inet 192.168.0.107 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.0.255
ether 00:18:f3:74:4f:14 
media: 100baseTX <full-duplex> status: active
supported media: autoselect 10baseT/UTP <half-duplex> 10baseT/UTP <full-duplex> 100baseTX <half-duplex> 100baseTX <full-duplex> 1000baseT <half-duplex> 1000baseT <full-duplex>
en1: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:0%en1 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x6 
inet 10.37.129.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.129.255
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:00 
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect
en2: flags=8963<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet6 fe80::21c:42ff:fe00:1%en2 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x7 
inet 10.211.55.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:01 
media: autoselect status: active
supported media: autoselect

i have 2 parallels desktop interfaces and 2 from my se k800i. the 2 "real" interfaces are en0(realtek) and en3(l1).

if anyone get a clue how to speedup my connection i would be happy:)

anyway, thanks for all ur help and work to get this done:)

Guest undefined

braveskunk - try setting it to 100 and full-duplex. i had lack of performance at the beginning, but after about 10 minutes it was all fine!

also check your dns servers, if adium seems to work and webistes dont.

no no ur missing the point a bit:) all types of connections work but its just so slow. thats the problem, will give it a try for longer,and how is it after restart? u have to wait 10 minutes again? or its just a one time problem?

as i said before. it can connect and ping to the (www)servers(so both dns works), safari sees the page, starting to display it and then stuck on loading page. checked on istat and the speeds are up to 5kb/s down, and 1kb/up. the thing is the connection itself is so slow that osx cant download all the data:/

strange

I think i've done most of work with link autosensing. Now OS can detect when you plug and unplug cable and show appropriate link status, speed and duplex. Still some problems with gigabit, but i'm working on it.

Please try this WITHOUT manual link setting (keep with "auto" configuration in ethernet card properties).

AttansicL1Ethernet.zip

OK.. I fixed it. Now it auto detects and sets the correct speed & duplex.

Someone might want to check the code.. but it works :P

What i have done is added a boolean called autoMediaType to the atl1Adapter...

Which is set to true if autoselect.

And in atl1GetAndUpdateLinkStatus i added this

if(atl1Adapter_.autoMediaType)

{

DbgPrint("Media is autoconfigured!");

atl1Hw_.media_type = currentMediumIndex;

setCurrentMedium(mediumTable[currentMediumIndex]);

}

EDIT: It could be i modified the debug at some place to make sure i had a new kext... had some problems with that at first

AttansicL1Ethernet.zip