macOS Sonoma Wireless Issues Discussion.

SavageAUS
791 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

I've tested the config you sent.

system boot after root patches, but no BT and no wifi

I've tried many things, and found out the blutoolfixup kext prevent system from boot after root patches without amfi=0x80 and when I remove that kext I dont BT and WIFI still disabled!

Hi
I have a combo Fenvi T919 (BCM4360): bluetooth still work on Sonoma without any bluetooth kexts. macOS 14 has kept the native driver for BT, and removed the one for wifi.

Edited by Matgen84

20 minutes ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

Done
thanks for answering

Thanks.

post your entire EFI folder minus Apple folder and your private data like MLB and Serial number we'll take a look.

For intel bluetooth you need to use https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases alongside with the Bluetoolfixup.kext

@Matgen84

Archer T9 is just a Wi-Fi adapter and doesn't have the Bluetooth chip.

@amirali mahmoudi

But if I understand correctly your initial issue was the amfi=0x80 which makes some apps crash.

As I mentioned earlier -amfipassbeta is required with the AMFIPass.kext and the "-" plays a crucial part in boot arguments make sure you include - in -amfipassbeta boot arg if you don't add the - the boot arg won't work at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Thanks.

post your entire EFI folder minus Apple folder and your private data like MLB and Serial number we'll take a look.

For intel bluetooth you need to use https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases alongside with the Bluetoolfixup.kext

@Matgen84

Archer T9 is just a Wi-Fi adapter and doesn't have the Bluetooth chip.

But if I understand correctly your initial issue was the amfi=0x80 which makes some apps crash.

As I mentioned earlier -amfipassbeta is required with the AMFIPass.kext and the "-" plays a crucial part in boot arguments make sure you include - in -amfipassbeta boot arg if you don't add the - the boot arg won't work at all.

yes, exactly I have an issue with the amfi=x80 that makes Creative Cloud crash. here is my entire EFI folder, with this config I have BT and Handoff but no WIFI because OCLP is not activated right now, and that's because without amfi=0x80 the system will not boot.

I've tried a couple of things and found that when I root patches without amfi=x80 the bluetoolfixup kext prevents the system from boot, and when I remove bluetoolfixup system will boot but no wifi and no BT

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J9yo0eKxpP-EK_lpWG5NL58qy4EayTwz/view?usp=sharing

@amirali mahmoudi

I don't see anything wrong in your EFI except for the min kernel which is set to 21.0.0 for the AMFIPass.kext.

I updated your OC and the kexts so give this folder a try, use a USB disk to boot from this EFI don't replace yours and regenerate or add your SMBIOS info to the config.plist

I just updated my Z690 rig to macOS Sonoma final release and used AMFIPass.kext and the boot arg to enable my Wi-Fi/BT (fenvi T919) and everything went as expected. I used OCLP 1.0.1 

EFI 2.zip

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

@amirali mahmoudi

I don't see anything wrong in your EFI except for the min kernel which is set to 21.0.0 for the AMFIPass.kext.

I updated your OC and the kexts so give this folder a try, use a USB disk to boot from this EFI don't replace yours and regenerate or add your SMBIOS info to the config.plist

I just updated my Z690 rig to macOS Sonoma final release and used AMFIPass.kext and the boot arg to enable my Wi-Fi/BT (fenvi T919) and everything went as expected. I used OCLP 1.0.1 

EFI 2.zip 18.52 MB · 12 downloads

thanks for the EFI

I tried the EFI you sent, and launched OCLP and root patches, the system now boots after root patches but Wifi is still disabled

18 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Hi @Cyberdevs

What boot-args you say using for enable Fenvi card !
Along my side, I test my onboard Intel 9560 ac with Airportitlwm: work fine on Sonoma. So I don't know if I will use OCLP to root patch my Fenvi T919.

1 minute ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Cyberdevs

What boot-args you say using for enable Fenvi card !
Along my side, I test my onboard Intel 9560 ac with Airportitlwm: work fine on Sonoma. So I don't know if I will use OCLP to root patch my Fenvi T919.

Before explaining the options this part is mandatory (This steps have been explained and been posted before but for the sake of clarity I'll post them again):

To use OCLP current patches, you'll need to ensure the following:

1. System Integrity Protection is set to 0x803 csr-active-config | data | 03080000

2. Reset NVRAM or add csr-active-config to Delete to ensure the new variable is set

3. Secure Boot Model is set to Disabled

4. Following kexts are blocked:

com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily Set the Strategy of the blocked kext to "Exclude" (Reference)

Set MinKernel to 23.0.0 to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

5. Following kexts are injected:

IOSkywalk.kext

IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext

Kext has a child, AirPortBrcmNIC.kext, ensure this is injected as well

Set MinKernel to 23.0.0 to ensure patches only apply on Sonoma

Once these are injected, you can run OpenCore-Patcher's Post-Install option and root patch. On reboot, Wireless support should be restored assuming your machine was configured correctly to the above."

For using fenvi T919 you have two options:

Handling AMFI:

To disable AMFI:

boot-args | string | amfi=0x80

1. Using amfi=0x080 as a boot arg with csr-active-config=03080000

or

2. Using AMFIPass.kext with boot arg -amfipassbeta and csr-active-config=03080000

For Intel it's another story.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Cyberdevs

Thank a lot for your reminder of the Broadcom procedure for OCLP. 😊 For Intel, as I wrote, with Airportitlwm: all work fine on Sonoma. One of the advantage I've not revert root-patches because OCLP is not necessary for Intel 9560 ac. And I can kept SIP enable.
It's why I reflect activated or not by OCLP, my Fenvi T919. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@Cyberdevs

Thank a lot for your reminder of the Broadcom procedure for OCLP. 😊 For Intel, as I wrote, with Airportitlwm: all work fine on Sonoma. One of the advantage I've not revert root-patches because OCLP is not necessary for Intel 9560 ac. And I can kept SIP enable.
It's why I reflect activated or not by OCLP, my Fenvi T919. 

Yes using Intel BT/Wi-Fi doesn't require OCLP patches and you can keep SIP and AMFI enabled but the AirDrop won't work.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

thanks for the EFI

I tried the EFI you sent, and launched OCLP and root patches, the system now boots after root patches but Wifi is still disabled

There are few steps that you can take that might fix the issue:

1. Revert the patches, reboot reset the NVRAM reboot and apply the patches with the latest version of OCLP

2. Rebuild kextcaches using tools like Hackintool or Onyx

3. Clean install Sonoma on another disk and see if the issue persists.

As far as I checked your EFI is OK after I updated it.

3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yes using Intel BT/Wi-Fi doesn't require OCLP patches and you can keep SIP and AMFI enabled but the AirDrop won't work.

@Cyberdevs  I use the Intel WiFi and AirPortItlwm.  For Airdrop; the Bluetooth on the Fenvi is still working on Sonoma. Perhaps, good news for Airdrop users to keep Broadcom Bluetooth alongside Intel card 😊 Always without OCLP.

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

There are few steps that you can take that might fix the issue:

1. Revert the patches, reboot reset the NVRAM reboot and apply the patches with the latest version of OCLP

2. Rebuild kextcaches using tools like Hackintool or Onyx

3. Clean install Sonoma on another disk and see if the issue persists.

As far as I checked your EFI is OK after I updated it.

this EFI folder works fine and as I said earlier only issue with this EFI is creative cloud not working.

can you look up to it?
It's really weird, the one you sent after root patches system will boot but no wifi.

this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5x3x27Uaiz5j1u2UELOYE-kAszBbqgB/view?usp=sharingwon't work without amfi=0x80 and that boot arg ruined creative cloud.

43 minutes ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

this EFI folder works fine and as I said earlier only issue with this EFI is creative cloud not working.

can you look up to it?
It's really weird, the one you sent after root patches system will boot but no wifi.

this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5x3x27Uaiz5j1u2UELOYE-kAszBbqgB/view?usp=sharingwon't work without amfi=0x80 and that boot arg ruined creative cloud.

I've sent you the response in PM.

3 minutes ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

Thanks to you, after some little changes this EFI works fine, Wifi and creative cloud works together finally.

I'll post it here for people that having my issue.

Thanks again Cyberdevs

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v7uCME4zGPdlN3j4bfIlX7ymtL14EmX8?usp=sharing

You're welcome :)

I'm glad that it's finally working.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, amirali mahmoudi said:

Thanks to you, after some little changes this EFI works fine, Wifi and creative cloud works together finally.

I'll post it here for people that having my issue.

Thanks again Cyberdevs

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1v7uCME4zGPdlN3j4bfIlX7ymtL14EmX8?usp=sharing

Please: What kind of changes, I don't find them !

Hi friends,

I'm running Sonoma with OC 0.9.5 and root patched with OCLP 1.0.1 on a Thinkpad t440p using a BCM94360CS2 for wifi and bluetooth. Wifi works perfectly after patching with OCLP 1.0.1 and with the appropriate kexts and boot-args. The problem is with Bluetooth. It shows up but I'm not able to find any devices and AirDop isn't working at all. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Was working perfectly on Ventura before upgrading. I have tried a clean Sonoma install and same problem occured. Thanks in advice!!

Config is attached

1 - Bluetooth keeps searching forever and doesn't find any device

image.png.ed70f3f4b26165a9ee9958d926af5e73.png

2 - Bluetooth is recognized as so

image.png.ae26d539bd06263bcb1c490c6d5a8315.png

image.png.19f7147537f04172527f2e19d870e37a.png

3 - Hackintool -> System -> Peripherals

image.thumb.png.5109634e1204c0b5fca999919ad1d192.png

image.png

config.plist

Did you remember the boot-args i.e disable SIP plus the AMFI entries in boot-arg as well?

What about the three dependent kexts, are they listed in the correct order in config.plist?

Those things must be considered to have a successful operation with OCLP in Sonoma.

Ok sorry for jumping the gun, I just noticed and looked at your config.plist and saw the entries.

Holy smoke!!! Your kext folder is certainly stacked full of kexts. I wouldn't know where to begin to offer the help you seek.

Maybe someone come come to your aid and offer some advice. 

Good luck.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Did you remember the boot-args i.e disable SIP plus the AMFI entries in boot-arg as well?

What about the three dependent kexts, are they listed in the correct order in config.plist?

Those things must be considered to have a successful operation with OCLP in Sonoma.

Yes, I've managed to follow those details as so. Wifi is working perfectly fine, the problem is only with bluetooth. 
image.png.783d6617efd066cd5a1dfb27b2fde257.png

image.png.c9c7466d11855b86eeb4ca38a7986a89.png

image.png.2c02b282c23744afd1d53e68a9dec60a.png

image.png.1b40a3faa91b1a2bd97cce281b82fab1.png

image.thumb.png.f5db5c9eb30a08369a4cbc0030091a7b.png

@elvisv  and @eSaFThe 802.11 kexts and SIP have nothing to do with Bluetooth.  There were Bluetooth fixes in OCLP related to the RestrictEvents.kext and VMM kernel patches.  Disable the VMM kernel patches in your config.plist and make sure you are using the latest RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.3 from here.  Use revpatch=sbvmm instead of the VMM kernel patches.

EDIT: At the risk of voicing an unpopular opinion and inciting debate, I find it very helpful to use OCLP to "Build and Install Open Core" and to examine the resulting EFI generated by OCLP.  Very informative and educational.  Do NOT use the OCLP-generated EFI on your hack - just use it as a reference.

EDIT2: and to reiterate something clarified by @Stefanalmare, there is only one OCLP for real Macs.  There is no version of OCLP that is for hackintoshes.  OCLP Devs support only real Macs at this time.  They have added non-Apple 802.11 Wi-Fi IONames to OCLP only to be consistent with AirportBrcmFixup, not to support hackintoshes.

EDIT3: Also make sure you are using BluetoolFixup.kext version 2.6.8.

EDIT4: @elvisv Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any bluetooth kexts in your config.plist.  Not sure what you need for your device, but the bluetooth kexts are in the Acidanthera BrcmPatchRAM package.

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@elvisv  and @eSaFThe 802.11 kexts and SIP have nothing to do with Bluetooth.  There were Bluetooth fixes in OCLP related to the RestrictEvents.kext and VMM kernel patches.  Disable the VMM kernel patches in your config.plist and make sure you are using the latest RestrictEvents.kext 1.1.3 from here.  Use revpatch=sbvmm instead of the VMM kernel patches.

EDIT: At the risk of voicing an unpopular opinion and inciting debate, I find it very helpful to use OCLP to "Build and Install Open Core" and to examine the resulting EFI generated by OCLP.  Very informative and educational.  Do NOT use the OCLP-generated EFI on your hack - just use it as a reference.

EDIT2: and to reiterate something clarified by @Stefanalmare, there is only one OCLP for real Macs.  There is no version of OCLP that is for hackintoshes.  OCLP Devs support only real Macs at this time.  They have added non-Apple 802.11 Wi-Fi IONames to OCLP only to be consistent with AirportBrcmFixup, not to support hackintoshes.

EDIT3: Also make sure you are using BluetoolFixup.kext version 2.6.8.

@eSaF, haha!! Yes I knew this was coming. This EFI folder is coming from way back, that's why! It's definitely confusing and now is a great opportunity to declutter. Thanks alot!!

@deeveedee, YOU SAVED MY DAY! Now I'm back to business with Bluetooth, AirDrop is working again!

Like I said this EFI is coming from way back, so not sure which of the steps fixed it, but I did the following as suggested:

1 - Kernel > Patch [Disabled]

• com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
  • kernel - Reroute kern.hv_vmm_present patch (1)
  • kernel - Reroute kern.hv_vmm_present patch (2) Legacy
  • kernel - Reroute kern.hv_vmm_present patch (2) Ventura

2 - NVRAM > Add > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 [Added]

• a - boot-args String revpatch=sbvmm

image.thumb.png.580f4af7bb2043ddf750064ff4ba740b.png

image.png.113add777515135f01d409a74a8e4b2b.png

Edited by elvisv
Extra screenshot not necessary
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, elvisv said:

@deeveedee, YOU SAVED MY DAY! Now I'm back to business with Bluetooth, AirDrop is working again!

Glad that helped.  Not sure you'll need this, but BluetoolFixup.kext version 2.6.8 is being used on real Macs to fix issues with Bluetooth.  It may help you, too.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Glad that helped.  Not sure you'll need this, but BluetoolFixup.kext version 2.6.8 is being used on real Macs to fix issues with Bluetooth.  It may help you, too.

if i used the BluetoolFixup so will error the update macOS failed on next time ?