[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2022 at 6:27 PM, D3v1L said:

i retract LoL 

Metal 3 xD

image.png.e9fd27ffd3fac54cafabb76f4e1ccc6f.png

I have a RX6800XT and cannot get my install to work correctly. I either get a black screen or grey with cursor. I have tried adgpmod=ignore and wegoff and adgpmod=pikera to no avail. OC version 0.8.2 commit e733af2, kexts are updated to latest commits as of writing this. 
To expand on this, I can reach the installer, format the drive and the first stage of the install goes fine. It is either the second stage or the initial setup screens when the black or grey screens occur. 
This is also on an AMD system with updated Ventura patches. 

Edited by SavageAUS

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I have a RX6800XT and cannot get my install to work correctly. I either get a black screen or grey with cursor. I have tried adgpmod=ignore and wegoff and adgpmod=pikera to no avail. OC version 0.8.2 commit e733af2, kexts are updated to latest commits as of writing this. 
To expand on this, I can reach the installer, format the drive and the first stage of the install goes fine. It is either the second stage or the initial setup screens when the black or grey screens occur. 

It depends on what smbios you use...if is MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 , you need to inject correct framebuffer for RX6800XT in your config.plist (my real Apple MacPro7,1 with Radeon W6800X DUO have the same issue with Ventura...remember, Ventura is alpha/beta release...don't work like a charm until MacOS 14 come out ahahah xD LoL )

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 2

example: RX6800/XT you need to use ATY,Belknap framebuffer... try it! just add your pci root of your RX6800XT and then @0,name ATY,Belknap on Device Properties in config.plist like pic: (put Belknap instead Henbury)

image.thumb.png.113ae17256de0f7e17c933f5fcc5d9e9.png

you find PciRoot of your RX in Hackintool PCI tab:

image.thumb.png.70c298a2031b5e23f92dd9810dfeb085.png

simply right clic, copy device path

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

Does anyone have the kernel AppleXcpmCfgLock working with Ventura?. ( Mostly needed on some GA Mobos ) X99/X299?

I have constant KP on wake from sleep, which is also what happens if I remove the quirk in previous version of OSX ( tested from Mojave -> Monterey ).

image.png.72e4b8c7bc018a6be3a7344777e3f242.png

Edited by Ellybz

38 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

Does anyone have the kernel AppleXcpmCfgLock working with Ventura?. ( Mostly needed on some GA Mobos )

This is the setting on my GA-Z390 in Ventura, no problem with Sleep/Wake. Hope I interpreted your query correctly.

Spoiler

1938665426_Screenshot2022-07-02at21_33_20.png.a230678f0ef1490c0e62ba12a673817e.png

44 minutes ago, eSaF said:

This is the setting on my GA-Z390 in Ventura, no problem with Sleep/Wake. Hope I interpreted your query correctly.

Hide contents

1938665426_Screenshot2022-07-02at21_33_20.png.a230678f0ef1490c0e62ba12a673817e.png

Thank you my friend but if you didn’t need this quirk before OSX Ventura, chances are you won't needed. That’s why I wrote “some Mobos”. Most likely x99/ X299 😉

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I use the RX6800XT as well on my Z690 and have no issues. Ventura including beta 2 installed nicely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Does anyone have the kernel AppleXcpmCfgLock working with Ventura?. ( Mostly needed on some GA Mobos ) X99/X299?

I have constant KP on wake from sleep, which is also what happens if I remove the quirk in previous version of OSX ( tested from Mojave -> Monterey ).

I am pretty sure that this patch works with Ventura when I was checking all quirks. You can leave it on if you have problems without it?

• Like 5

12 hours ago, D3v1L said:

It depends on what smbios you use...if is MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 , you need to inject correct framebuffer for RX6800XT in your config.plist (my real Apple MacPro7,1 with Radeon W6800X DUO have the same issue with Ventura...remember, Ventura is alpha/beta release...don't work like a charm until MacOS 14 come out ahahah xD LoL )

I’m using MacPro7,1 and I have followed a guide about adding those device properties but it had more than one listed

It had @0 and @1 and@2 I think. 
Do I only need the one line? @0,name belknap

5 hours ago, PMheart said:

I am pretty sure that this patch works with Ventura when I was checking all quirks. You can leave it on if you have problems without it?

Thanks for your quick response.   Leaving this quirk ON or OFF does not affect functionality or Boot.

I was only using it in past OS(s) to avoid KP upon wake from sleep. ( which I systematically get in Mojave-> Monterey )

I tried to get more info from the Crash Logs, but it didn't help much. 

I also physically disconnected WIFI/BT  Boot with Minimum Kexts. Reset nvram. Same story.

I'm just baffled...

I attached the crash logs. 

corecaptured-2022-07-02-202630.ipsKernel-2022-07-02-205548.panic

Edited by Ellybz

I’m using MacPro7,1 and I have followed a guide about adding those device properties but it had more than one listed

If you use only @0, the 1,2,3 pick up same value... Put all port framebuffer is needed when you want to separate every port with different fb...like you want port 0 with Belknap, port 1 with Henbury etc...if you want same fb for all port, only 0 Is needed... Btw, MP7,1 , put @0 patch, remove whatevergreen and the related bootarg agdpmod=pikera and give it a shot 

Edited by D3v1L
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, D3v1L said:

If you use only @0, the 1,2,3 pick up same value... Put all port framebuffer is needed when you want to separate every port with different fb...like you want port 0 with Belknap, port 1 with Henbury etc...if you want same fb for all port, only 0 Is needed... Btw, MP7,1 , put @0 patch, remove whatevergreen and the related bootarg agdpmod=pikera and give it a shot 

Is it possible? AFAIK one framebuffer describes all ports.

11 hours ago, Ellybz said:

I have constant KP on wake from sleep, which is also what happens if I remove the quirk in previous version of OSX ( tested from Mojave -> Monterey

Hi @Ellybz this quirk is not needed if CFG-Lock is disabled in the BIOS. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

it has an AMD platform and you don't need all of that, it works OB with nothing at all

20 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @Ellybz this quirk is not needed if CFG-Lock is disabled in the BIOS. 

There are different kinds of CFG Locks. (BIOS/CPU)

On all Gigabyte  X299 , ( This my second X299 GA Mobo ) even if CFG Lock is disabled in  Bios, you'd sill need a XCPM Kernel to patch entry for the xcpm_core_scope_msrs. 

As far as I can remember, it needed to be updated on each OS release. It was done manually in Clover, but with OpenCore, a quirk was created for this purpose. Thank you Devs!

Again this issue does not affect boot or functionality. It is only related to a KP after wake from sleep.

Z390 is not affected by the issue.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ellybz said:

Hi , How did you get here? Kernel > Quirks > PowerTimeoutKernelPanic

In my case if disabled ... it restarts when wake up from sleep

2 hours ago, carlo_67 said:

it has an AMD platform and you don't need all of that, it works OB with nothing at all

So I just tried booting into the installed Ventura with only 1 frame buffer listed, no weg and no boot arg. That didn’t help. Rebooted into the same installed Ventura without any device properties and no weg and no boot arguments and I made it into initial setup until I got to wifi setup then I got a grey screen. 
I am reinstalling beta 1 with no weg and no device properties to see how I go this time. 
Based on the wifi card in my signature what kexts should I be using? Keeping in mind what I am currently using works great in Monterey. 

I have attached my OC EFI.

After the last try with settings as above I got past the wifi screen then my machine rebooted. It must be something simple. Any suggestions?

EFI.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

Quindi ho appena provato ad avviare il Ventura installato con solo 1 frame buffer elencato, nessun weg e nessun boot arg. Questo non ha aiutato. Riavviato nella stessa Ventura installata senza alcuna proprietà del dispositivo e senza weg e senza argomenti di avvio e sono entrato nella configurazione iniziale fino a quando non sono arrivato alla configurazione wifi, quindi ho ottenuto uno schermo grigio. 
Sto reinstallando la beta 1 senza weg e senza proprietà del dispositivo per vedere come vado questa volta. 
In base alla scheda wifi nella mia firma, quali kext dovrei usare? Tenendo a mente quello che sto usando attualmente funziona benissimo a Monterey. 

Ho allegato il mio OC EFI.

EFI.zip 5,21 MB · 6 download

Try this Efi, put your EFI aside, I changed BootArg and removed the plugins

EFI.zip

1 hour ago, carlo_67 said:

Try this Efi, put your EFI aside, I changed BootArg and removed the plugins

EFI.zip 5.22 MB · 5 downloads

Ok so just the AirportBrcmFixup.kext plugins were removed and the bootarg added?

I have the same wifi card in my laptop and just realised im not even using AirportBrcmFixup.kext

OC 0.8.1 macOS Catalina,Big Sur,Monterey

Dell Vostro 15-3568

Intel Core i3-6006U, 2000 MHz-Skylake-U

DDR4-1333, DDR4-1600, DDR4-1866, DDR4-2133 SDRAM

Intel HD Graphics 520

Realtek ALC256 audio

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

WI-FI DW1560

Sources:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/kaby-lake.html#deviceproperties

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351969-pre-release-macos-ventura/page/8/#comment-2784082

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/17292-macos-ventura-130-beta1-early-feedback-and-findings/

https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true&version=0.8.2&sha=d804b31f8dff32081fd9f04d28e01c5643016d6c

https://github.com/zmlu/Hackintosh-OC-Colorful-C.B150M-i5-6500-Skylake-HD530/blob/main/Ventura/EFI/OC/config.plist

Hi, a very brief description of installing macOS Ventura on a Dell Vostro.

the camera is not connected.

HD Graphics 520 is normal by my standards, audio, wired internet work.

wi-fi is detected and working)After closing and opening the laptop lid, the system wakes up.

Touchpad, gesture, keyboard work,Booting macOS Ventura from an external SSD drive

As described above, there are some pitfalls. I'm just a user - this is my hobby and experiments.

Pre.OC 0.8.2 macOS Ventura.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZ80ItkXzg-BIS02tkEJ878ltJ60AYbc/view?usp=sharing

От всего сердца Благодарю разработчиков,программистов

From the bottom of my heart I thank the developers, programmers)

Скриншот 2022-07-02 в 23.55.47.png

Скриншот 2022-07-03 в 20.30.59.png

Alexander’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip

config.plist

Edited by alexmac67
Add config.plist
  • Like 7

Ok, quindi solo i plugin AirportBrcmFixup.kext sono stati rimossi e aggiunti il bootarg?

Ho la stessa scheda wifi nel mio laptop e mi sono appena reso conto che non sto nemmeno usando AirportBrcmFixup.kext

so does it work? because I just copied the procedure here

https://www.macos86.it/topic/5792-wifi-lentoooo/?tab=comments#comment-131599 

thank you Lorys89 https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

Hi all,

• With ease no hackintosh works, without testing our patience. Me too had and having the same issue.
  • After fighting, got my HP Omen i7 7700HQ with nividia 1050( anyways disabled with boot arg in open core).
  • The problem for me this works with open core 0.8.2 but  Monterey work with clover.
  • Guys have any suggestions to get clover 5147 (Latest) work? DSDT doesn't get recognised fully.