[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

What can I say?! Unbelievable work of OCLP and Acidanthera Teams. Thank you, devs! Core2 Extreme X9650 + Radeon HD 7750 all working, just UHCI/OHCI USB doesn't (consequence, no Bluetooth). But I'm pretty sure it will in the near future. 😀

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.9966910d9f747f6e5bb6d00abe7cbb68.png

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, deeveedee said:

@Stefanalmare Your results are impressive!  The OCLP developers have really done some amazing work!  I never would have expected to see Socket 775 with such long life.

And the surprises are going on: power management working. Also finally I managed to put the right name to this unsupported processor (just needed to read a little bit 😀)

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.bc98d095685efa0f869ce21d019b1bf9.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

And the surprises are going on: power management working. Also finally I managed to put the right name to this unsupported processor (just needed to read a little bit 😀)

Reveal hidden contents

Your achievement of LGA 775 hackintosh at Ventura is highly appreciated and admired.

Up to now I can only got Ivy Bridge Z77 hackintosh to boot via eSATA or external USB HDD after replaced os.dmg from IPSW.

Can you share your config.plist of LGA 775 for us to solve our current problem of KP during booting Ventura ?

BTW could you kindly advice us how to install Ventura in Pre-Haswell hackintoshs step by step ?

My limited experience was:

1. In supported hackintosh update to Ventura beta 9.

2. Download IPSW of beta 9 and rename it to zip

3. Extract this zip and rename one of its file of size around 4.2x GB to os.dmg

4. Sudo cp -f this os.dmg to Preboot/UUID/cryptex1/current/os.dmg

5. Clone this modified Ventura partition to eSATA or external USB3 HDD/SSD

6. Then my Ivy Bridge Z77 hackintosh can boot this cloned partition via Root Hash patch

7. For Kepler or AMD GPUs apply OCLP 0.5.0 to patch

8. After reboot I can get hardware acceleration of previously unsupported GPU

But the above method seems not working for LGA 775 hackintoshs in which I always got KP during booting.

What are your magic secrets to share or PM me ?

For AMD FX-6300 hackintosh I must safe boot to reach desktop, otherwise always hanged with blank/black screen.

BTW did you use USB3 or PS2 mouse/keyboard in LGA 775 hackintosh ?

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Your achievement of LGA 775 hackintosh at Ventura is highly appreciated and admired.

Up to now I can only got Ivy Bridge Z77 hackintosh to boot via eSATA or external USB HDD after replaced os.dmg from IPSW.

Can you share your config.plist of LGA 775 for us to solve our current problem of KP during booting Ventura ?

BTW could you kindly advice us how to install Ventura in Pre-Haswell hackintoshs step by step ?

My limited experience was:

1. In supported hackintosh update to Ventura beta 9.

2. Download IPSW of beta 9 and rename it to zip

3. Extract this zip and rename one of its file of size around 4.2x GB to os.dmg

4. Sudo cp -f this os.dmg to Preboot/UUID/cryptex1/current/os.dmg

5. Clone this modified Ventura partition to eSATA or external USB3 HDD/SSD

6. Then my Ivy Bridge Z77 hackintosh can boot this cloned partition via Root Hash patch

7. For Kepler or AMD GPUs apply OCLP 0.5.0 to patch

8. After reboot I can get hardware acceleration of previously unsupported GPU

But the above method seems not working for LGA 775 hackintoshs in which I always got KP during booting.

What are your magic secrets to share or PM me ?

For AMD FX-6300 hackintosh I must safe boot to reach desktop, otherwise always hanged with blank/black screen.

Atached is my EFI for HP xw4600 without resources folder. You should adapt this EFI for your hardware. If you will use CryptexFixup.kext is no need anymore to manually change os.dmg. Also compile latest OPLC alpha.

EFI-Legacy.zip

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 6

On 10/7/2022 at 8:44 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Atached is my EFI for HP xw4600 without resources folder. You should adapt this EFI for your hardware. If you will use CryptexFixup.kext is no need anymore to manually change os.dmg. Also compile latest OLPC alpha.

EFI-Legacy.zip 8.36 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for your prompt reply and kind help.

I'll adapt it and let you know the result ASAP.

Some breakthrough for LGA 775 hackintosh:

1. Still need replaced os.dmg at first otherwise it got automatic reboot before login desktop

2. One big issue: only one HDD shown and the other 2 are not recognized

3. OCLP 0.5.0 can patch Kepler GPU GT-730 properly. But Firefox got multiple green glitches on video play

Another breakthrough for ASUS P6TSE hackintosh:

1. Same ICH10 error

2. OCLP can patch R9 290X perfectly

[Solved without replaced os.dmg at Ventura]

1. For all my pre-Haswell hackintoshs I must freshly install Ventura instead of booting installed Ventura partition without os.dmg in which I always got KP or automatic reboot

2. I must safe boot for the last reboot of installation to login desktop, otherwise I always got black screen issue before completion of installation

3. I must run OCLP 0.5.0 to patch those GPUs unsupported by Ventura such as HD4000 (in Z77), GT730 9in LGA 775), R9-290X (in P6TSE) & RX-560 (in FX-6300 only)

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 17.25.52.png

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 17.26.07.png

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 17.33.49.png

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 18.39.07.png

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 18.39.29.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Hide contents

Can you make a guide on how to get powermanagement working...I tried CPU Friend method and also SSDTPRgen method but none seem to work on my E5 1650 V2 Processor

9 minutes ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Can you make a guide on how to get powermanagement working...I tried CPU Friend method and also SSDTPRgen method but none seem to work on my E5 1650 V2 Processor

I have preliminary result with x79+E5 2650v2. The powermanagement works with Clover settings from 1800 up to 3200MHz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys!

Managed to install macOS Ventura 13 beta 10 yesterday with ScanPolicy --> 0 and OC 0.8.5.

Installation (upgrading) on external disk went fine but to my suprise non of my other internal and external (thunderbolt 3) disks showed up on my desktop and neither in Disk Utility. I'm sure this is discussed before but unfortunately I couldn't find anything after googling everywhere. 

Any suggestions/help appreciated.

OC.zip

Edited by obus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

One big issue: only one HDD shown and the other 2 are not recognized

Other SATA kexts, scan policy............ Oh, you use clover! I'll try clover and see if I have same issue, and report. Try with attached clover. You have 5148.

9 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

OCLP 0.5.0 can patch Kepler GPU GT-730 properly. But Firefox got multiple green glitches on video play

Try NVRAM boot-args "ipc_control_port_options=0"

Clover_r5149.pkg

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stefanalmare said:

Other SATA kexts, scan policy............ Oh, you use clover! I'll try clover and see if I have same issue, and report. Try with attached clover. You have 5148.

Try NVRAM boot-args "ipc_control_port_options=0"

Clover_r5149.pkg 7.4 MB · 3 downloads

I have installed Clover 5149 before, but it always got instant red screen panic !

Your USB 1.1 Inject.kext also caused the same panic, but its plugins did not.

SATA issue should be related to ICH10 problem and can be fixed by this patch now:

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 20.42.10.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3

Intel I210 Nic:s seems to be obsolete in macOS Ventura 13 because AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext is missing in IONetworkingFamily.kext plugin folder. Bad for me and for all X299 user.

Edited by obus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, maly70 said:

anyone pls has kernel_developer_ kit for 22A5365d to run open core patcher 0.5.0?  

Thanks in advance

as far as I can see Currently not in store

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, Slice said:

There is a little problem. Haswell iGPU will not work in Ventura without special complex patches. Mobile Nvidia will not work at all, it should be switched off by special SSDT.

Anyway all is possible.

hi Slice, I have Envy m7 with Haswel cpu as hd 4600, disabled Nvidia 740 within DSDT and using only intel 4600. I wonder if there is another complex patches I have to do, I am using opencore 78  to boot bigsur and Monterey from hp hassle laptop

3 hours ago, obus said:

Intel I210 Nic:s seems to be obsolete in macOS Ventura 13 because AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext is missing in IONetworkingFamily.kext plugin folder. Bad for me and for all X299 user.

Hi. @obus

i210 still native supported by macOS

Spoiler

1119286504_Screenshot2022-10-07at20_28_48.thumb.png.372adf8486c128358da7c578c8aa2e5b.png

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 2

Ventura support by OCLPFrom the page on Ventura support by OCLP, the i210 driver has moved to DriverKit :

Removal of Intel Ethernet support

Following Network Drivers have been removed:

• AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
  • Intel82574L.kext
  • AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext (transitioned to DriverKit)

• Like 2