[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

Here is a nice way to enroll/unenroll developer seed program to get the latest beta and stable downloads of macOS latest release from terminal:

# Apple Software Update Command to list and fetch Full Installers - macOS 11.1+ for listing full installers 

softwareupdate --list-full-installers

Sudo softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 13.0

# Enroll into Developer Seed Program

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

# Unenroll from Developer Seed Program

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I'm trying to boot ventura beta 10 on my Lenovo T430... it has installed ventura without problem, but now that it should start the system it stays like this:

6e8GAoJ.jpg

To install it I have not done anything special, I had a USB with beta 10, and I have changed smbios to Macbook Pro 15,1 and everything has gone well, but now when the system starts for the first time it stops there...

Is it still necessary to change the OS.dmg like I did in beta 1??

It is that since that beta I have been using this laptop with win11 and now I am somewhat lost 😅

Clean install macOS 13 developer beta 11 (22A5373b). Clean install from USB stick on external disk. Smoth installation without any problems.😁

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.31174f0af5a3637c69662df19ff4ed0a.png

Edited by obus
  • Like 9

Anyone else having wifi problems with Beta 11?  When I first installed Beta 11, my wifi was disabled and I could not enable it.  I rebooted and it worked.  However, whenever my laptop wakes from sleep, wifi is disconnected.  

3 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Anyone else having wifi problems with Beta 11?  When I first installed Beta 11, my wifi was disabled and I could not enable it.  I rebooted and it worked.  However, whenever my laptop wakes from sleep, wifi is disconnected.  

Albeit my rig is Desktop and not a laptop, I have no such problem after wake, the only difference I noticed with this edition, WIFI takes a few seconds to appear on the Menu Bar as connected on a cold boot up apart from that all working ok.

Spoiler

674444108_Screenshot2022-10-13at01_32_37.png.8d9e3d4c53afdcdd138c90641ce4a3d8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

Bien que ma plate-forme soit un ordinateur de bureau et non un ordinateur portable, je n'ai pas ce problème après le réveil, la seule différence que j'ai remarquée avec cette édition, le WIFI prend quelques secondes pour apparaître sur la barre de menus comme connecté lors d'un démarrage à froid à part cela tout fonctionne d'accord.

Révéler le contenu caché

674444108_Screenshot2022-10-13at01_32_37.png.8d9e3d4c53afdcdd138c90641ce4a3d8.png

the same for several betas already the wifi takes about a minute before setting up

• Thanks 1

I have managed to install ventura beta 11 on my Lenovo t430... then I have compiled OCLP 0.5.0 and it has worked very well...

1467100702_Capturadepantalla2022-10-13alas2_35_08.png.6f418eec5a76adf8e984d749de105b6a.png

But to be able to install the system I have changed the smbios to MacBookPro15,2....

Now could I go back to the MacBookPro 9.1 which is the best for this laptop?  if possible, how is it done?

Thank you very much

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Merci, mais je n'ai pas ce kext dans le dossier kext et je pense que ma commande kext est telle que désignée par le Guide, c'est-à-dire Plugin kext après Parent kext.

Idem 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I have managed to install ventura beta 11 on my Lenovo t430... then I have compiled OCLP 0.5.0 and it has worked very well...

But to be able to install the system I have changed the smbios to MacBookPro15,2....

Now could I go back to the MacBookPro 9.1 which is the best for this laptop?  if possible, how is it done?

Do you have OpenCore as boot loader and OCLP only to apply root patch? You can try to change SMBIOS but since MBP9,1 isn't supported in Ventura I think it will not work.

If you have OCLP as boot loader instead, make the EFI from OCLP in the target machine as MBP9,1 without change SMBIOS (no SMBIOS spoofing), in this way OCLP allows to have Ventura keeping your preferred SMBIOS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Do you have OpenCore as boot loader and OCLP only to apply root patch? You can try to change SMBIOS but since MBP9,1 isn't supported in Ventura I think it will not work.

If you have OCLP as boot loader instead, make the EFI from OCLP in the target machine as MBP9,1 without change SMBIOS (no SMBIOS spoofing), in this way OCLP allows to have Ventura keeping your preferred SMBIOS.

Ah I understand!!!

I use OC, the usual EFI... but I have used OCLP only to patch the system... so I should do an EFI with OCLP to be able to use my MacBookPro9,1 SMBIOS... is that correct??

it should be here:

1138796911_Capturadepantalla2022-10-13alas14_19_42.png.f735fcf7cc9ecc2acd8d65b89015e3ae.png

But I have no idea to use this 😅

@PoMpIs

OCLP is intended to be used only on real Macs, this is important, but there are users using it in hacks to get the root patch when no graphics acceleration on macOS if it can be fixed by OCLP.

Having it as EFI and boot loader in hacks is a different question. OCLP makes the EFI thinking it is in a real Mac and the structure of the folder is different to OpenCore.

I think it's better to keep OpenCore as boot loader and OCLP only for root patch.

Your problem: if you set MBP9,1, Ventura doesn't work. So, or you stay on Big Sur or Monterey, or you set a SMBIOS supported in Ventura. MBP13 and older are not supported by Ventura. You must use MBP14 or MBP15.

OCLP can be got already compiled by the OCLP build machine, no need to compile it by yourself: OpenCore-Patcher.app (GUI).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@PoMpIs

OCLP is intended to be used only on real Macs, this is important, but there are users using it in hacks to get the root patch when no graphics acceleration on macOS if it can be fixed by OCLP.

Having it as EFI and boot loader in hacks is a different question. OCLP makes the EFI thinking it is in a real Mac and the structure of the folder is different to OpenCore.

I think it's better to keep OpenCore as boot loader and OCLP only for root patch.

Your problem: if you set MBP9,1, Ventura doesn't work. So, or you stay on Big Sur or Monterey, or you set a SMBIOS supported in Ventura. MBP13 and older are not supported by Ventura. You must use MBP14 or MBP15.

OCLP can be got already compiled by the OCLP build machine, no need to compile it by yourself: OpenCore-Patcher.app (GUI).

But it seemed to me that I saw in this thread screenshots of people with hackintosh and OCLP0.5.0 showing smbios that are not compatible with Ventura? or I'm wrong??...

In Monterey this T430 was not compatible either, I had to upload the smbios to MacBookPro12,1... but once patched it already worked with the older smbios...

For example:

Look at this capture of @Stefanalmare

1.png

It is in Ventura with smbios of iMac13,2 ?¿?¿? How is that possible?? That's what I want to know how to do 🙆‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs

@PoMpIs

OCLP doesn't need that you change SMBIOS, it detects the real SMBIOS of the target machine and makes the required settings to be able to run Ventura. 

Maybe @Stefanalmare will say anything if he has OCLP as boot loader in a hack. I have had it only in a real iMac17,1 Ventura not supported, with OCLP 0.5.0 alpha I can have Ventura on it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@PoMpIs

OCLP doesn't need that you change SMBIOS, it detects the real SMBIOS of the target machine and makes the required settings to be able to run Ventura. 

Maybe @Stefanalmare will say anything if he has OCLP as boot loader in a hack. I have had it only in a real iMac17,1 Ventura not supported, with OCLP 0.5.0 alpha I can have Ventura on it.

Spend a minute in the Spanish subforum please 🙏, I don't explain myself here 😅

10 hours ago, D3v1L said:

LoL 🤣🤣🤣

image.thumb.png.2b97cda46ddffdf877792d5bad3ae21e.pngimage.png.2fb686357556c763a7fc6e5adf898b3a.png

the coolest bench ahahah

My Hack with Samsung Pro 980 1TB. NVME PCIe 4.0 x4.

image.png.8e0166396e0beb918ce82f365ce862c6.png

image.thumb.png.cc6c0a8cda3bd053677e150d24d6aaac.png

Use AmorphousDiskMark in Mac, is better than BlackMagic.

Desktop i5 11400 2.6Ghz (4.4Ghz Turbo Boost) - 6 Core, Motherboard Gigabyte B560M-H, 16Gb Ram DDR4 3200mhz XMP Profile 1, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB DDR5 3840x2160 60hz HDR, NVME PCIe 4.0 x4 Samsung Pro 980 1Tb (7000mb/s Read and 5500mb/s Write), Network Gigabyte Realtek 8111, Sound ALC897 with alcid=66 working, USB 3.2 working (USBToolBox.kext and Windows Utility to map - resulting an UTBMap.kext), DRM working, Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle CSR 8510 working, everything is working. macOS Ventura 13.0 Beta 11. Dual boot with Windows 11 Home Single Language 22H2.

Edited by fernando.c.neves
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

But it seemed to me that I saw in this thread screenshots of people with hackintosh and OCLP0.5.0 showing smbios that are not compatible with Ventura? or I'm wrong??...

In Monterey this T430 was not compatible either, I had to upload the smbios to MacBookPro12,1... but once patched it already worked with the older smbios...

For example:

Look at this capture of @Stefanalmare

1.png

It is in Ventura with smbios of iMac13,2 ?¿?¿? How is that possible?? That's what I want to know how to do 🙆‍♂️

Here is my EFI for HP ProBook 4540s. I gave you this EFI, because you want it for a laptop. Take a look especially at Booter->Patch and Kernel->Patch, if you want to have unsupported SMBIOS's with Ventura. I have 6 rigs working like a charm with unsupported SMBIOS's.

EFI.zip

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1