[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

And the surprises are going on: power management working. Also finally I managed to put the right name to this unsupported processor (just needed to read a little bit 😀)

Reveal hidden contents

1.thumb.png.bc98d095685efa0f869ce21d019b1bf9.png

wow that's amazing, i have asus sabertooth x79 and intel 3930k sandy bridge... and dying to try install ventura but would powermangment work properly ? is there a beginner guide to try install ventura already now and to set up powermanagementt ?

25 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, ASPP-Override.kext I have genuine Power Management on my penryn processor and GPU. No other SSDT's or patches needed.

Reveal hidden contents

2.png.61864aa204053dad7fec8c9247b284b2.png

Reveal hidden contents

1.png.600ee21947eeb04b7e5b2822ba9213c4.png

where do i find that ASPP-Override.kext ?

11 hours ago, RoberT_XeS said:

Can you make a guide on how to get powermanagement working...I tried CPU Friend method and also SSDTPRgen method but none seem to work on my E5 1650 V2 Processor

See Clover generator in work Xeon E5 2650 v2

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 21.53.05.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, etorix said:

Ventura support by OCLPFrom the page on Ventura support by OCLP, the i210 driver has moved to DriverKit :

Which means that i210 nic:s still should work or? They are obviously working on  @yapan4:s C422 but not on mine but maybe @yapan4 is still on Clover.

I remember the problems we had when Big Sur was upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4 a long while ago when i210 nic was working on Clover but not on OC 0.7.0 without  LAN-WSPRO.kext provided from @joedm ru .

Anyway the biggest problem for now is the issue with my second internal NVME and thunderbolt disks doesn't initiates. 

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 22.22.52.png

Edited by obus

1 hour ago, axonleo said:

where do i find that ASPP-Override.kext ?

ASPP-Override.kext.zip

27 minutes ago, obus said:

Which means that i210 nic:s still should work or? They are obviously working on  @yapan4:s C422 but not on mine but maybe @yapan4 is still on Clover.

I remember the problems we had when Big Sur was upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4 a long while ago when i210 nic was working on Clover but not on OC 0.7.0 without  LAN-WSPRO.kext provided from @joedm ru .

Anyway the biggest problem for now is the issue with my second internal NVME and thunderbolt disks doesn't initiates. 

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 22.22.52.png

Try this:

CatalinaIntelI210Ethernet.kext.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, obus said:

Still on Clover?

Yes, Clover r5149. I210 works without any patches/additional kext/boot arguments etc. VT-d should be enabled in BIOS!!! And don't forget setting Kernel->Quirks->DisableIOMapper=NO

P.S. Some OC users reported problem with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth after enabling VT-d, both work perfect on my config. And don't ask why VT-d is necessary for correct functional of network .dext, I don't known😀

Edited by yapan4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, yapan4 said:

Yes, Clover r5149. I210 works without any patches/additional kext/boot arguments etc. VT-d should be enabled in BIOS!!! And don't forget setting Kernel->Quirks->DisableIOMapper=NO

P.S. Some OC users reported problem with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth after enabling VT-d, both work perfect on my config. And don't ask why VT-d is necessary for correct functional of network .dext, I don't known😀

Could you please share your Clover EFI folder?

10 hours ago, yapan4 said:

Some OC users reported problem with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth after enabling VT-d, both work perfect on my config.

This indicates there are some reserved memory regions which macOS would want to access.

The solution is to drop the native DMAR table, delete reserved memory regions and load the modified DMAR table instead.

Xeon-class system are designed with virtualisation and PCI passthrough in mind, so C422/C621 users are at an advantage here.

10 hours ago, yapan4 said:

And don't ask why VT-d is necessary for correct functional of network .dext, I don't known😀

The change from driver to virtualisation must be for performance reasons. Anyway, working VT-d is now a requirement for recent versions of macOS, and we may expect that future versions beyond Ventura will deprecate more kexts and increasingly rely on VT-d.

Edited by etorix
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@obus

I have instaled MSI Thunderbold 3 card in my hackintosh and noticed some changes in Ventura vs Monterey(new items in PCI info, new Menu Item), so Apple do changes and solutions for Thunderbolt probably need modification/correction. Or need VT-d too? Currently i dont have any Thunderbold devices to verification.

Spoiler

1557237615_Screenshot2022-10-08at16_29_11.thumb.png.3ea325c6f4849dfb608fc679802cddc4.png

Edited by yapan4

13 hours ago, yapan4 said:

No problems with WiFi but weird Bluetooth problems with my Apple BCM94321MC card. Bluetooth is mostly working straight after booting in to OS but when looking in system preferences bluetoothradio is off. Scrolling and Secondary click is working first after I manually enabled Bluetooth and first after maybe 2 or three minutes.  

VT-d enabled in bios and DisableIOMapper set to NO. My biggest problem is still that my second NVME disk is not recognised.

Any help for solving this problem is appreciated.

7 hours ago, etorix said:

working VT-d is now a requirement for recent versions of macOS, and we may expect that future versions beyond Ventura will deprecate more kexts and increasingly rely on VT-d.

I admit to being out of touch with the latest OC install methods, so forgive what is probably a remedial question.  As of OC 0.8.5 [Release] and Ventura Beta 10, I am still disabling Vt-d in BIOS (or enabling DisableIoMapper quirk) as per OC installation instuctions here.  My Coffelake rig continues to run perfectly (I think) with Monterey 12.6 and Ventura Beta 10.  Can you please elaborate on this "new" VT-d requirement for "recent versions of macOS."  If VT-d is required and I am disabling it in BIOS, what issues should I observe to indicate that my rig isn't working properly?

Thank you.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

I admit to being out of touch with the latest OC install methods, so forgive what is probably a remedial question.  As of OC 0.8.5 [Release] and Ventura Beta 10, I am still disabling Vt-d in BIOS (or enabling DisableIoMapper quirk) as per OC installation instuctions here.  My Coffelake rig continues to run perfectly (I think) with Monterey 12.6 and Ventura Beta 10.  Can you please elaborate on this "new" VT-d requirement for "recent versions of macOS."  If VT-d is required and I am disabling it in BIOS, what issues should I observe to indicate that my rig isn't working properly?

Thank you.

I have enabled AppleVTD even in SMBIOS who doesn't need it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 3:54 AM, jsl2000 said:

1. Still need replaced os.dmg at first otherwise it got automatic reboot before login desktop

If you use SMBIOS who has by default AVX2 (your case 19,1), I think you need to force  cryptexfixup.kext -> boot-args = -crypt_force_avx

• Like 1

@deeveedee Dortania's guides have been in need of updates for quite some time. As Apple increasingly relies on VT-d, I expect that the rewrite will come with a recommendation to enable VT-d whenever possible. Since Monterey, VT-d is required for networking with Intel i210, i225 and Aquantia ACQ-108/113 NICs.

I suppose you're saved by your Q370 hack using an i219 rather than an i210, and you may of course keep it as it is as long as it works.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@etorix Thanks.  Just to be clear, are you suggesting the following?

1. Leave VT-d enabled in BIOS
  2. Disable DisableIoMapper quirk
  3. Drop original DMAR table
  4. Inject modified DMAR table (table without reserved regions)

Am I understanding your suggestion correctly?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Give me your original DMAR table.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2022 at 12:43 AM, Slice said:

See Clover generator in work Xeon E5 2650 v2

Screenshot 2022-10-07 at 21.53.05.png

Have you tried this in OpenCore ?

Because its been long since I have used Clover

On 10/7/2022 at 1:50 PM, Slice said:

I have preliminary result with x79+E5 2650v2. The powermanagement works with Clover settings from 1800 up to 3200MHz.

Please share your EFI

6 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

If you use SMBIOS who has by default AVX2 (your case 19,1), I think you need to force  cryptexfixup.kext -> boot-args = -crypt_force_avx

Thanks for your hint.

But after add this boot-args in NVRAM without replaced os.dmg always got KP (FX-6300) or automatic reboot (Z77) during booting.

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 08.34.07.png

IMG_5438.JPG

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 2

I dont get it, is it plain forward now to download ventura beta 10 and make usb install of it and then create opencore 0.8.5 efi folder for x79 board and boot with it or is there some other stuff that is going to mess the boot/ install process i should know about before getting started ? 

Spoiler

@deeveedee

Waiting for @etorix, I think you are right. These are the steps I followed to have Vtd enabled and DisableIoMapper false without loosing eth and wifi. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1