OpenCore General Discussion

dgsga
8,759 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2023 at 12:00 AM, pkdesign said:

I guess it can’t hurt to add these to see what happens. Again, the WiFi card I have is natively supported.

My signature has which OS I use (Monterey).

The CSR is set to work with TotalFinder and is correct for my set-up. I can try to set it to a normal value and see if that changes anything.

I have turned off the AORUS Pro's internal WiFi card in BIOS. Maybe it is still seeing it there? Has never been an issue until recently.

Thanks for all the suggestions but none of them work. I guess I will just have to deal with the long boot delay.

Is there a way to install OpenCore from a Linux environment? Packaging OpenCore's installer as a macOS application—which you might not be able to run because you need OpenCore instalked to even boot macOS to begin with—is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen.

4 hours ago, Melab said:

Is there a way to install OpenCore from a Linux environment? Packaging OpenCore's installer as a macOS application—which you might not be able to run because you need OpenCore instalked to even boot macOS to begin with—is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen.

There is a way to install Clover from Linux environment. If you want the OpenCore you may follow same way bu with few replacements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Melab said:

OpenCore is not a MacOS application and does not have an installer , all you need is a preconfigured EFI folder . You can configure it in any environment, and then place it in the EFI section

Is anyone patching SBUS.BUS0 any differently after this comment in OC 0.9.3?  After using the same SBUS.BUS0 patch since the beginning of time, I saw this comment.  If I'm interpreting this correctly, we're supposed to set "address" to a value specific to our chipset.  I've never heard of this before.

Spoiler

{
        Name (_CID, "smbus")  // _CID: Compatible ID
        Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address

/*
         * Uncomment replacing 0x57 with your own value which might be found
         * in SMBus section of Intel datasheet for your motherboard.
         * The "diagsvault" is the diagnostic vault where messages are stored.
         * It's located at address 87 (0x57) on the SMBus controller.
         * While "diagsvault" may refer to diags, a hardware diagnosis program via EFI for Macs
         * and communicates with the SMBus controller, the effect is really unknown for hacks.
         * Uncomment this with caution.
         */

/**
        Device (DVL0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x57)  // _ADR: Address
            Name (_CID, "diagsvault")  // _CID: Compatible ID
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                If (!Arg2)
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                         0x57                                             // W
                    })
                }
                Return (Package (0x02)
                {
                    "address", 
                    0x57
                })
            }
        }
        **/

@Slice Forgive me for not understanding your answer.  Are you saying that hackers have been customizing "address" in SBUS.BUS0.DLV0 for 10 years, where they have been specifying a value other than 0x57?  Have you ever specified a value other than 0x57 in any of your hacks?

EDIT: After reading the comment "the effect is really unknown for hacks. * Uncomment this with caution.", it appears that hacks shouldn't be specifying DLV0 at all?

Edited by deeveedee

On 7/8/2023 at 2:12 PM, antuneddu said:

Hello Antunes!

Would you have the tutorial to edit icons in Photoshop?

I managed to edit the icons by pasting the psd image, but I can't fill the icon with the MacOs images.

Thanks for your patience.

Antuneddu,

I want to past the image in the default icon, but I don't know how to do it.

Hope your help. Thanks.

image.png

cópia de macOS Ventura Dark Wallpaper YTECHB.png

34 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

@Slice Forgive me for not understanding your answer.  Are you saying that hackers have been customizing "address" in SBUS.BUS0.DLV0 for 10 years, where they have been specifying a value other than 0x57?  Have you ever specified a value other than 0x57 in any of your hacks?

EDIT: After reading the comment "the effect is really unknown for hacks. * Uncomment this with caution.", it appears that hacks shouldn't be specifying DLV0 at all?

No, I think the address is fake. I never changed it because never need it. I used the patch from Core2Duo up to Skylake and always success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.  Acidanthera snuck this comment into the OC 0.9.3 release, but I don't see any changes anywhere else, including here.  If anyone is patching ACPI any differently based on this comment in OC 0.9.3, I'd be curious to know.  Pinging  @stevezheng  since it appears that it's their proposed change.

Edited by deeveedee

8 hours ago, pitrysha said:

OpenCore is not a MacOS application and does not have an installer , all you need is a preconfigured EFI folder . You can configure it in any environment, and then place it in the EFI section

I *know* that OpenCore isn't an application. Its installer *is* though. And the installation guides are more complicated than what you suggest.

7 hours ago, Gervasoni said:

Hello Antunes!

Would you have the tutorial to edit icons in Photoshop?

I managed to edit the icons by pasting the psd image, but I can't fill the icon with the MacOs images.

Thanks for your patience.

Antuneddu,

I want to past the image in the default icon, but I don't know how to do it.

Hope your help. Thanks.

image.png

cópia de macOS Ventura Dark Wallpaper YTECHB.png

We risk going off topic here, look in the messages
... I hope it helps 👋

2 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Based on your discord discussion, it appears that we should NOT add Device DVL0 in SBUS.BUS0.

Spoiler

1783694054_Screenshot2023-07-10at3_43_12PM.png.14aafb99d92b5f2fba0f79a6fe550559.png

Edited by deeveedee

43 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Based on your discord discussion, it appears that we should NOT add Device DVL0 in SBUS.BUS0.

I took out DVL0 in all my rigs and kextstat | grep -E "AppleSMBusController|AppleSMBusPCI" give the right answer. Just in one, don't remember wich, I need to keep DVL0.

Edited by Stefanalmare

1 minute ago, deeveedee said:

@Stefanalmare I wonder if this will be another topic with as many opinions as contributors. @cankiulascmnfye 's discord discussion says that DVL0 should not be installed on any non-mac hardware.

@deeveedee I think SBUS is very important in a hack. Can be a topic discussion. Speaking about "should not be installed", I remember that without DVL0 in that rig, com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController does not load. So, I keep it.

• Thanks 1

Ok - I will test it in my rigs.  (Just the removal of Device (DVL0) ).

EDIT: @Stefanalmare Below is the IOReg dump on my HackBookPro6,2 with and without SBUS.BUS0.DLV0.  My hack boots and appears to be running Ventura 13.4.1 just fine even with the missing device.

IOReg with DVL0

Spoiler

588520904_Screenshot2023-07-10at3_59_31PM.png.4b381848cbd1a18725ed8c76dd78fe1c.png

IOReg without DVL0 (AppleSMBusControllerICH does not load)

Spoiler

1817508750_Screenshot2023-07-10at4_04_48PM.png.0d490a17ec873c24151130e6702b1c48.png

@Stefanalmare, @cankiulascmnfye Does it matter at all that AppleSMBusControllerICH is not loading on a hackintosh (without DLV0)?  I haven't tested much, but so far, I see no difference with and without (except for IOReg).  Maybe this is just cosmetic?

Edited by deeveedee
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, deeveedee said:

Ok - I will test it in my rigs.  (Just the removal of Device (DVL0) ).

EDIT: @Stefanalmare Below is the IOReg dump on my HackBookPro6,2 with and without SBUS.BUS0.DLV0.  My hack boots and appears to be running Ventura 13.4.1 just fine even with the missing device.

IOReg with DLV0

Hide contents

588520904_Screenshot2023-07-10at3_59_31PM.png.4b381848cbd1a18725ed8c76dd78fe1c.png

IOReg without DLV0 (AppleSMBusControllerICH does not load)

Hide contents

1817508750_Screenshot2023-07-10at4_04_48PM.png.0d490a17ec873c24151130e6702b1c48.png

@Stefanalmare, @cankiulascmnfye Does it matter at all that AppleSMBusControllerICH is not loading on a hackintosh (without DLV0)?  I haven't tested much, but so far, I see no difference with and without (except for IOReg).  Maybe this is just cosmetic?

Run: kextstat | grep -E "AppleSMBusController|AppleSMBusPCI"

And if you have this:

1.png

You good to go.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Thanks 1