[Discussion] Intel i225-V on macOS Monterey

Irish_Man
380 posts in this topic

Okay Gentleman,

I managed installing the kext with the Commandline Snapshot mounter mentioned abvoe and replaced IONetworkfamily.kext.

System booted, but it Internet is not working. Here are my conclusions

- Either this is not the the one beta 8, since it has the exact same version number thant the current one, so I cannot confirm that it's the right one

OR, if it is the correct kext:

- the problem is totally unrelated to this kext

Who has the beta 8 kext? Please upload it.

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Okay Gentleman,

I managed installing the kext with the Commandline Snapshot mounter mentioned abvoe and replaced IONetworkfamily.kext.

System booted, but it Internet is not working. Here are my conclusions

- Either this is not the the one beta 8, since it has the exact same version number thant the current one, so I cannot confirm that it's the right one

OR, if it is the correct kext:

- the problem is totally unrelated to this kext

Who has the beta 8 kext? Please upload it.

Its here

https://archive.org/details/12.0-21-a-5534d-beta-8

• Like 2

@Irish_Man Stats weird.Never heard of this.  But since you have the beta 8 installer: can you mount it with pacifist please and extract the IONetworkFamily.kext for me, so I can test it?

On 11/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, bidero said:

I know it's not going to solve i225 problem, but it looks like there is a way to use 2.5Gbps lan without obstructing any of PCIE slots. This USB-C adapter is supposedly going to work without any issues. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CGSGDTQ/

There are many adapters like this. I have this one and it works OOB as well.

https://plugable.com/products/usbc-e2500

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, xtddd said:

@Irish_Man hi, there is solution to intel i210 i225 not woking on monterey?

I'm not @Irish_Man but I did not give up 😂. I have an earlier version of IONetworkingFamily.kext from Monterrey ( Beta 6 I believe ); I will also try with the one from Big Sur & Maybe Mojave if all fails.

I just need time to do it outside my work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are the speeds your Routers support. I am using a 1Gbit Router so it's a "Base1000T" connection. I wonder if apple maybe disabled this speed for the controller/driver?

I wonder if the boot-argument has to be different in this case. Although I think this exists is so it does not connect to the new DEXT drivers.

So a couple changes tonight.

I installed the IONetworkFamily.kext from Monterrey Beta 6 ( attached below ) . I'm not getting any KP, just a self assigned IP address ( Progress, I suppose 🙄 )

I also tried entering manually, IP, IPV4, IPV6 address but no success.  I also swapped my Asus Router ( 1gb speed ) & connected directly to the cable Modem (+2gb speed ).  No changes. 

Next step: trying to force IONetworkFamily.kext from Big Sur into Monterrey. Big Sur works fine with the I210. 

Any one who want to try this first? 🤣

2087951699_ScreenShot2021-11-08at11_42_36PM.png.eb972a7c4ba18a3b54cfef314b425115.png

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

• Like 1

You can get the self-assigned IP thing in beta 12.1 too if you set anything to manual and enter the details.

Someone from the german hackintosh forum said, DisableRTCChecksum would fix the issue with connectivity. So I tried it and after every boot the system crashed after reaching the desktop. In the end I had to reset the BIOS and had to disable the controller completely in order to get the system running stable. Going to rebuild the config. Maybe something is screwed with it.

10 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

You can get the self-assigned IP thing in beta 12.1 too if you set anything to manual and enter the details.

Someone from the german hackintosh forum said, DisableRTCChecksum would fix the issue with connectivity. So I tried it and after every boot the system crashed after reaching the desktop. In the end I had to reset the BIOS and had to disable the controller completely in order to get the system running stable. Going to rebuild the config. Maybe something is screwed with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try swapping the kext from Big Sur in the next couple of days. Busy at work these days...

• Like 1

So I tried swapping the IOnetworkingFamily.kext from Big Sur using @chris1111 Command Line SnapShot Mounter ( Nice work btw ).

Monterrey Booted but i210 is still DOA.

I obviously also tried to reset the network prefs, bla bla bla.. Still 👎. Looks like issue is from else where 🤔

IONetworkingFamily.BS.zip

Edited by Ellybz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ellybz said:

So I tried swapping the IOnetworkingFamily.kext from Big Sur using @chris1111 Command Line SnapShot Mounter ( Nice work btw ).

Monterrey Booted but i210 is still DOA.

I obviously also tried to reset the network prefs, bla bla bla.. Still 👎. Looks like issue is from else where 🤔

IONetworkingFamily.BS.zip 2.26 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks to report

It is strange @Irish_Man always KP and reinstall

do you please check @Irish_Man EFI to avoid a complet reinstall

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

@chris1111

Your SnapShot Mounter was working great within the os itself (re: Monterrey or Big Sur ), But when I try to use it from Big Sur to mount the snapshot from OS Monterrey ( different drives ) & I kept getting errors. 

8 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

@chris1111

Your SnapShot Mounter was working great within the os itself (re: Monterrey or Big Sur ), But when I try to use it from Big Sur to mount the snapshot from OS Monterrey ( different drives ) & I kept getting errors. 

You can not mount snapshot on differant drive, you need to mount on live system

• Like 1