Jump to content

[Discussion] Intel i225-V on macOS Monterey


74 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Updated to Beta, easy and painless. Took 15 minutes on 11th Gen with Z490 Vision D, everything still works as it should. 

 

I have Vision G. Smooth update. Everything is working but Ethernet. Your's working, Intel i225-V?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

How? :)

What kexts you using? 

I am using this boot arg " dk.e1000=0 " (without quotes :)) and have no device properties for the ethernet ports. below is the kexts I have and you can see I have the i225-V disabled

 

970456868_ScreenShot2021-08-02at5_46_39PM.thumb.png.17c1de5f2d79f1db51fd7326a664a44e.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am using this boot arg " dk.e1000=0 " (without quotes ) and have no device properties for the ethernet ports. below is the kexts I have and you can see I have the i225-V disabled
 
970456868_ScreenShot2021-08-02at5_46_39PM.thumb.png.17c1de5f2d79f1db51fd7326a664a44e.png

A lot of us have no working Ethernet with the smalltree kext, does that boot arg relate to this kext or another?
Issue is here https://github.com/khronokernel/SmallTree-I211-AT-patch/issues/3 and not resolved yet.
Can you post device details and screenshot of network prefs that shows connection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SavageAUS said:


A lot of us have no working Ethernet with the smalltree kext, does that boot arg relate to this kext or another?
Issue is here https://github.com/khronokernel/SmallTree-I211-AT-patch/issues/3 and not resolved yet.
Can you post device details and screenshot of network prefs that shows connection.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have mentioned that I changed my hardware in Ethernet to manual and changed speed 1000BaseT and then changed it back to Auto as my max fibre speed is 1GB. Not sure what that boot arg relate to but just know that it works and has done so well so far. 

 

1756531638_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_00AM.png.524ab1b492e0692c67e8b83772c3b383.png105603555_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_17AM.png.10028f673ca62ee9c83b95856187f26c.png

Edited by surenmunoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, surenmunoo said:

I should have mentioned that I changed my hardware in Ethernet to manual and changed speed 1000BaseT and then changed it back to Auto as my max fibre speed is 1GB. Not sure what that boot arg relate to but just know that it works and has done so well so far. 

 

1756531638_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_00AM.png.524ab1b492e0692c67e8b83772c3b383.png105603555_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_17AM.png.10028f673ca62ee9c83b95856187f26c.png

 

Is it working when WiFi is disabled? I also have green light If I set up 225 manually but there is no connection at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have mentioned that I changed my hardware in Ethernet to manual and changed speed 1000BaseT and then changed it back to Auto as my max fibre speed is 1GB. Not sure what that boot arg relate to but just know that it works and has done so well so far. 
 
1756531638_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_00AM.png.524ab1b492e0692c67e8b83772c3b383.png105603555_ScreenShot2021-08-03at7_25_17AM.png.10028f673ca62ee9c83b95856187f26c.png

And what about the other Ethernet device? The one just listed as Ethernet? Does that work? You could be not using the 211 based port.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bidero said:

 

Is it working when WiFi is disabled? I also have green light If I set up 225 manually but there is no connection at all.

It works with no issues with or without wifi. 

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:


And what about the other Ethernet device? The one just listed as Ethernet? Does that work? You could be not using the 211 based port.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both work just fine. Refer to the pictures of the port just marked ethernet.

 

1882508402_ScreenShot2021-08-03at5_05_07PM.thumb.png.9889c66d027e231ab87653198b47c2ec.png450307993_ScreenShot2021-08-03at5_04_53PM.thumb.png.3f9144a1b7cfcb5f485be7123789e151.png

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:


And what about the other Ethernet device? The one just listed as Ethernet? Does that work? You could be not using the 211 based port.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Edited by surenmunoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SavageAUS said:


And what about the other Ethernet device? The one just listed as Ethernet? Does that work? You could be not using the 211 based port.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the router IP address (is it really 192.168.1.1 or should it be 192.168.0.1)? Change the subnet mask to 255.255.0.0. Let us know how you get on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

355672634_ScreenShot2021-08-03at5_11_01PM.thumb.png.4560f354779c6e8756854007be41fab1.png

 

Are you 100% sure you're using 225 instead of 219? Could you disable WiFi, connect ethernet cable to the other port and then check if it's working? Just try to load any website with WiFi disabled with each ethernet port. 

 

On my system (also Z490 Vision D) the 225 is marked as "Ethernet 2" and there is no way to make it work even with manual settings. 219 works just fine and Hackintool peripherals tab looks exactly the same.

 

EDIT: I'm also using dk.e1000=0 in boot-args and removed 225 device properties even before installing Monterey.

Edited by bidero
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@surenmunoo You’re Z370-P uses a Realtek RTL8111H Ethernet port and your Asus B560-F uses a Intel I225-V, both these ports are not related to the smalltree kext so I expect them to be working just fine. The issue people are having is with the Intel I211 that uses the smalltree kext and does not work under Monterey.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As already mentioned here on the forum, the z490 motherboard has a first version ethernet card and is incompatible with Monterey. The Z590 motherboard has the same network card with a second revision and has no compatibility and configuration issues. See the remark at the beginning of the topic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@AudioGod On previous page he said that he’s got I225-V working on Z490 Vision D. As far as I know this one doesn’t work in Monterey. That’s why we’re asking so much questions ;) 

Edited by bidero
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bidero said:

@AudioGod On previous page he said that he’s got I225-V working on Z490 Vision D. As far as I know this one doesn’t work in Monterey. That’s why we’re asking so much questions ;) 

Oh really, Sorry I didn’t realise but saying that I have seen people claiming to have the I225-V working a few times now on a few different B550 boards using Monterey.  (Must be the newer version I guess)
I haven’t tried it myself to know. :)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Oh really, Sorry I didn’t realise but saying that I have seen I225-V working a few times now on a few B550 boards using Monterey. 
I haven’t tried it myself to know. :)


Strangely enough it works on some Asus boards, and newer Gigabyte boards. On Z490 Vision D only up to Big Sur.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, bidero said:

 

Are you 100% sure you're using 225 instead of 219? Could you disable WiFi, connect ethernet cable to the other port and then check if it's working? Just try to load any website with WiFi disabled with each ethernet port. 

 

On my system (also Z490 Vision D) the 225 is marked as "Ethernet 2" and there is no way to make it work even with manual settings. 219 works just fine and Hackintool peripherals tab looks exactly the same.

 

EDIT: I'm also using dk.e1000=0 in boot-args and removed 225 device properties even before installing Monterey.

WIFI is disabled and tested for you. Yes I am using the i225-V network port, both my ports work perfectly fine using that boot arg with no issues.

1444022355_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_23_29PM.thumb.png.152b5307d12547dcc9f7c3b8940070c0.png

16 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@surenmunoo You’re Z370-P uses a Realtek RTL8111H Ethernet port and your Asus B560-F uses a Intel I225-V, both these ports are not related to the smalltree kext so I expect them to be working just fine. The issue people are having is with the Intel I211 that uses the smalltree kext and does not work under Monterey.

This is on my Gigabyte Z490 Vision D, The tests are for this board. The initial question was about the i225-V ports and if they work of which Yes it works 

Edited by surenmunoo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, bidero said:

@AudioGod On previous page he said that he’s got I225-V working on Z490 Vision D. As far as I know this one doesn’t work in Monterey. That’s why we’re asking so much questions ;) 

Just to clear everything and to prove that both my network ports work with wifi disabled see below screenshots. It works perfectly with no issues. I am on OC 0.7.2. I have done 2 speed tests with each network port and you can see the results. 

1394553825_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_50_39PM.thumb.png.ed3af275a4190252288acf191b3a57f6.png298367954_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_48_08PM.thumb.png.8be68005dcc3047f1cafa93b4dd8659b.png2085908606_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_42_07PM.thumb.png.a12f617c3580c621d2d3ddf98be5e110.png2058916833_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_43_18PM.thumb.png.e64f7d4a35f177ae97fe8810cc3982ba.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have moved my Monterey beta experimental efforts to another GA-Z490 Vision G build, (the almost twin brother of another computer) which is identical to the one I used for experimentation before. The only difference is that the new experimental machine is fitted with an Aquantia AQC107 PCIe ethernet card. The latter works very well and without configuration changes on either Big Sur 11.5.1 (20G80) or Monterey 12.0 beta 4 (21A5294g} whereas the i225-V works perfectly under Big Sur 11.5.1 (20G80) up to 1000baseT whereas on Monterey 12.0 beta 4 (21A5294g) it will only work up to 100baseTX.

I am dual booting between Big Sur and Monterey with one EFI OC 0.7.2 folder and an identical config.plist file in all respects serving both operating systems. 

For clarity I have attached some pictures:

 

Greetings Henties 

 

Edit: Added screenshot of "Boot menu"

 

Network Settings.png

GA-Z4890 Vision G .png

Intel i225-V.png

Aquantia AQC107.png

Boot menu.png

Edited by Henties
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From my knowledge the i225-v is a 2.5Gig lan port yes?
Where as the port that’s having the “most” issues with Monterey would be the i211-at that I and many others have on AMD boards which is just a standard gigabit nic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

Just to clear everything and to prove that both my network ports work with wifi disabled see below screenshots. It works perfectly with no issues. I am on OC 0.7.2. I have done 2 speed tests with each network port and you can see the results. 

1394553825_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_50_39PM.thumb.png.ed3af275a4190252288acf191b3a57f6.png298367954_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_48_08PM.thumb.png.8be68005dcc3047f1cafa93b4dd8659b.png2085908606_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_42_07PM.thumb.png.a12f617c3580c621d2d3ddf98be5e110.png2058916833_ScreenShot2021-08-04at4_43_18PM.thumb.png.e64f7d4a35f177ae97fe8810cc3982ba.png

 

I'm really grateful that you have tested everything. You're the first person to have it working on Vision D. I'm wondering if it's somehow connected with mainboard revision. According to intel, early revisions of I225 had some problems setting correct link speed https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/621661. I have I225 Rev. 2 - SLNJY.

 

@SavageAUS With Gigabyte Z490 Vision D it's the other way around. We have two NICs. I219 - 1 Gbps which is working just fine with IntelMausi.kext and I225 - 2.5 Gpbs which is problematic.

 

@Henties What's the brand of your Aquantia card?

 

IMG_0705.jpg

Edited by bidero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@bidero here we go:   

 

Syba 1 Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card - PCIe x4 10Gb 10GBASE-T NIC AQTION AQC107-10Gbps Ethernet PCI-Express x4 Adapter SD-PEX24055

 

This is a 10 Gigabit incarnation requiring a 4 lane PCIe slot, beware of that, you may need those 4 lanes elsewhere. I am upgrading my backbone sooner than later so for the time being this for experimental purposes only.

 

And here is a picture to round it off:

Aquantia .png

Edited by Henties
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...