[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.1

gengik84

42 posts in this topic

This time you can download the full installer of RC 20C69. If you are on RC 20C69 you are good and no need to update. Those looking for a full installer this is it, download to your hearts content. Downloading now with maximum speed.

Edited by bisdak4920
  • Like 1

Peculiar situation.

Updating to 11.1 the full installer hung for a long time at less than a minute to go, never completed.

If this happens to you, reboot into recovery, open the console and see if your system volume is around twice its normal size.

Creating a new snapshot with bless command and deleting the old snapshot, changing OC SecureBootModel from Default to Disabled, and reboot got the update to boot to 11.1.

Edited by HenryV
correct typo

7 hours ago, Derty said:

I have had problems with "helpd", it consumed 100% of the processor, and it was blocked for hours ... I tried various things from the internet in forums, but it only solved it, ONIX ... maintenance.

me paso con las segunda beta se colgaba (memoria y procesador al 100%) hasta para poder reiniciar, deshabilite spotlight y todo ok de nuevo

On 12/18/2020 at 10:13 PM, surfcaster said:

me paso con las segunda beta se colgaba (memoria y procesador al 100%) hasta para poder reiniciar, deshabilite spotlight y todo ok de nuevo

como lo desabilitaste?

sudo mdutil -a -i off

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

complete process

https://www.howtoisolve.com/how-to-enable-disable-spotlight-search-on-mac-os-x-ei-capitan/

Edited by Derty

Disable spotlight and indexing

Deshabilitar spotlight y indexing.

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

Habilitar:

sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist

sudo mdutil -a -i off

sudo defaults write /.Spotlight-V100/VolumeConfiguration Exclusions -array "/Volumes"

sudo rm -rf /.Spotlight-V100/*

eliminar mas basura:

defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteUSBStores -bool true
defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores -bool true

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mengshi said:

Updated to Opencore 0.6.4 then updated to 11.1 successfully.

However mine doesn't show the build version in the parentheses (20C69). For this I have to go inside System Information -> Software.

Otherwise no issues.

Surely if you click on  Version the Build number (20C69) shows up.

• Like 1

Install and reinstall of 11.1 and clicking software update from control panel gets spinning beachball and hangs the program.

Force quit necessary.

I know there has been a problem with softwareupdate but does anyone else have this specific issue?

Edited by HenryV
typo

3 minutes ago, HenryV said:

Install and reinstall of 11.1 and clicking software update from control panel gets spinning beachball and hangs the program.

Force quit necessary.

I know there has been a problem with softwareupdate but does anyone else have this specific issue?

Sorry no problem here - Go into Disk Utility and run First Aid on all BS volumes then reboot and Clean NVRAM to see if that removes the glitch.

• Like 1

After the 11.1 update I have a popup on every boot telling me my computer shut down because of a problem. This happened before during the beta phase and a subsequent update fixed it. Is this getting baked into the sealed snapshot during update? I can't see how to clear it.

13 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

After the 11.1 update I have a popup on every boot telling me my computer shut down because of a problem. This happened before during the beta phase and a subsequent update fixed it. Is this getting baked into the sealed snapshot during update? I can't see how to clear it.

Before anything, Open Disk Utility and run 'First Aid' on all the BS volumes listed, then reboot and clean NVRAM, see if the glitch is removed. Good luck.

Edit: I should have just said try the cleaning process above, sorry for the double post. :lol:

Edited by eSaF

9 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

This is relate a Old kext I think, I have this issue in the first Beta

• Like 1

13 hours ago, eSaF said:

Before anything, Open Disk Utility and run 'First Aid' on all the BS volumes listed, then reboot and clean NVRAM, see if the glitch is removed. Good luck.

Edit: I should have just said try the cleaning process above, sorry for the double post. :lol:

I booted into Recovery and ran First Aid on both Big Sur Volumes (Mac HD and Mac HD - Data). Cleaned NVRAM and rebooted. The message was there when I got to the desktop. Checking the DiagnosticReports all I can see is a shutdown stall log. Maybe this is causing the error? I checked the contents of it, rebooted and it created another one. The system doesn't feel like it's having a hard time shutting down or rebooting though.

I don't know how to troubleshoot a spindump log but the list of processes in the first log (in order) are: containermanagerd, launchd, PowerUIAgent, spindump, warmd and kernel_task. The second log is the same but with diskarbitrationd after containermanagerd.