[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.1

gengik84

42 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

IM Getting update Withdraw (Need me update fix).HEEE HEEE

Hi Pal you can always update to Beta version 11.2 Beta (20D5029f) from 11.1 if you're not already running it on your system. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Once you have done a first aid for the entire container and volumes, If you are experiencing issues and can still boot up to a functional desktop, then you can try removing all purgeable snapshots using terminal in recovery mode.

where X is disk and Y is slice:

open terminal

mount BS volume and make the volume writable:

diskutil mountDisk diskXsY

mount -uw /Volumes/your_BS_ volume_name  (not BS data volume)

diskutil apfs listSnapshots diskXsY

diskutil apfs deleteSnapshot diskXsY -uuid <whatever purgeable uuid you want to delete>

bless --folder /Volumes/your_BS_volume_name/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot

reboot

Edited by HenryV
typo

30 minutes ago, Riley Freeman said:

The trouble with purging snapshots is it breaks delta updates from Software Update. I don't want to have to download 12GB every time.

Totally agree - too much hassle to go through such a large D/Load and installation plus all your apps.

Hi I have a perfect working 11.1 (20C69), which was done via direct update from last Catalina version.

Everything is working but:

1. Software update (beta enrolled) does not work, after minute or two it hangs with network error

2. App Store same issue: When installing anything, progress bar goes up to 75 % and hangs there forever.

Any other network service is working perfectly. Using Fenvi FV-T919, which worked natively forever!

Looked around and saw that many Macs have this problem. Anyone from you? Did the following as recommended:

- Wiring rig instead of using wifi - no improvement

- Disabled Bluetooth - same

From responses from 11.2 beta 2 users  I conclude that several bugs were resolved.

How to get this latest beta? I can't get it officially....

Edit: When doing direct update all I have to do was detach all disks but system - less than a minute "bug" otherwise!

Edited by MrGreen

52 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Open 'installScript_110fullapp' with Terminal and choose Option 3 which will give you the Catalog for the Beta 11.2 and basically just follow the instructions for the D/Load.

installScript_1016fullapp.zip 252.94 kB · 3 downloads

When choosing option 3 than:

- It shows below the list of dmg images in green that the latest version is 20C69

- Latest available version for download is 11.1.0.20C69 Big Sur (Nr. 13 - marked in red)

I am already at  version 11.1 (20C69), that's what "About this Mac" says...

10 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ah yes, sorry my bad - try this app and follow instructions, it should lead you to the version 11.2 Beta (20D5029f). Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Beta Access Software Utility.zip 1.31 MB · 1 download

This app just enable the developer account, which I already have. I reenrolled the rig, but I received again:

Download failed.

An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrGreen said:

This app just enable the developer account, which I already have. I reenrolled the rig, but I received again:

Download failed.

An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again.

Are you SecureBootModel Disable in Security

<key>SecureBootModel</key>
<string>Disabled</string>

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Are you SecureBootModel Disable in Security

<key>SecureBootModel</key>
<string>Disabled</string>

Secure boot is disabled in BIOS, no EFI provisioned, no keys...

Where should I put above key in Clover plist?

Edit: I don't have Clover / Quirks / ProtectSecureBoot enabled

Edited by MrGreen

1 hour ago, MrGreen said:

Secure boot is disabled in BIOS, no EFI provisioned, no keys...

Where should I put above key in Clover plist?

Edit: I don't have Clover / Quirks / ProtectSecureBoot enabled

OpenCore Config.plist - Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel = Disabled 

Edited by AudioGod

6 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

OpenCore Config.plist - Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel = Disabled 

I have Clover.. As far I can remember (you will correct me if necessary) Clover never boots with "Secure boot enabled", since it has to be compiled with sig...

What I noticed when looking around: Everywhere the size of 11.2 beta is 3GB and something.

See my picture.

Update.jpg

I did not have any update issues with Big Sur, but it's pathetically slow, chewing up CPU for no reason.  I'm running it in VMWorkstation 15.5.1 on a laptop with SSDs, core i7 at 2.8 GHz and 64GB of ram.  Prior to the Big Sur update, the VM was snappy.  Big Sur is a slug.

Curious if anyone else sees the CPU issue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 5:19 AM, cgilley said:

I did not have any update issues with Big Sur, but it's pathetically slow, chewing up CPU for no reason.  I'm running it in VMWorkstation 15.5.1 on a laptop with SSDs, core i7 at 2.8 GHz and 64GB of ram.  Prior to the Big Sur update, the VM was snappy.  Big Sur is a slug.

Curious if anyone else sees the CPU issue.

Everything works quickly and smoothly, the processor is almost not loaded

Spoiler

2011893358_2021-01-2813_09_11.thumb.png.09de10da6c904f55924cf6facf491e15.png

On 1/7/2021 at 3:52 AM, MrGreen said:

I have Clover.. As far I can remember (you will correct me if necessary) Clover never boots with "Secure boot enabled", since it has to be compiled with sig...

What I noticed when looking around: Everywhere the size of 11.2 beta is 3GB and something.

See my picture.

Update.jpg

SIP needs to be enabled CsrActiveConfig 0x00