LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext for Realtek RTL8125

Mieze

117 posts in this topic

@iCanaro  Well, as 1.0.0d6 and 1.0.0 are virtually identical and differ only in the version number, it's not the driver but a link error which is responsible for the kernel panic. Please see post #1 for a guide how to get rid of it.

@ITzTravelInTime As Mausi and Carlos both died in 2014, Lucy is my only one cat at the moment.

I ordered my RTL8125 directly from China via Aliexpress as this was the cheapest solution (approximately 20€) last fall but you may choose any RTL8125 based NIC. 

Mieze

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

@vuongdingo Actually I don't understand your problem? Connection speed is determined by auto-negotiation by default but in case this doesn't result in a valid connection, use System Preferences or ifconfig in Terminal to select the medium manually.

Mieze :cat: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mieze said:

@vuongdingo Actually I don't understand your problem? Connection speed is determined by auto-negotiation by default but in case this doesn't result in a valid connection, use System Preferences or ifconfig in Terminal to select the medium manually.

Mieze :cat: 

I enter this command ```ifconfig en0 media 1000baseT```

But

The problem here is I can't connect to internet in install step, it required to internet.

Edited by vuongdingo

8 hours ago, vuongdingo said:

The problem here is I can't connect to internet in install step, it required to internet.

The installer also has Terminal (among other utilities) available and you can select the medium before starting the installation.

Mieze :cat:

7 hours ago, vuongdingo said:

I did, but Can't connect to internet 

Well, in this case the problem is located somewhere else. Please fix your system!

Edited by Mieze
  • Like 1

An internet connection is required to install MacOS Catalina; 3700X, RX 5500XT, MSI x570 tomahawk wifi with Realtek® 8125B 2.5G LAN controller

I have the same issue. I am installing MacOS Catalina by OpenCore version 0.6.1 with following configuration:

·         Ryzen 7 3700X,

·         Sapphire Nitro RX 5500XT,

·         MSI x570 tomahawk wifi with Realtek® 8125B 2.5G LAN controller

I have gathered all required files and doable with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext[V1.0.0d6] according to installation guide. But when I am going to install Catalina, a message “An internet connection is required to install MacOS” is showing. Please guide me to resolve the issue.

Problem.jpg

config.plist

Info.plist

Edited by MacLover1984
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:11 PM, MacLover1984 said:

An internet connection is required to install MacOS Catalina; 3700X, RX 5500XT, MSI x570 tomahawk wifi with Realtek® 8125B 2.5G LAN controller

I have the same issue. I am installing MacOS Catalina by OpenCore version 0.6.1 with following configuration:

·         Ryzen 7 3700X,

·         Sapphire Nitro RX 5500XT,

·         MSI x570 tomahawk wifi with Realtek® 8125B 2.5G LAN controller

I have gathered all required files and doable with LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext[V1.0.0d6] according to installation guide. But when I am going to install Catalina, a message “An internet connection is required to install MacOS” is showing. Please guide me to resolve the issue.

Problem.jpg

config.plist

Info.plist

on open terminal

```

ifconfig -m

```

and try change media your system support:

example:

```ifconfig en0 media 100baseTX mediaopt half-duplex```

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 16.59.19.png

Edited by vuongdingo

On 9/19/2020 at 3:37 AM, Mieze said:

Well, in this case the problem is located somewhere else. Please fix your system!

If I chose Network -> Advanced -> hardware and set 100baseT, Ethernet will work. If I chose another doesn;t work. How can I using 1000base or 2500base?

my pc: MSI Z490 Gaming Plus  / Core i3 10100 / 16GB RAM  / macOS 10.15.6

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 20.21.40.png

Edited by vuongdingo

On 9/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, vuongdingo said:

on open terminal

```

ifconfig -m

```

and try change media your system support:

example:

```ifconfig en0 media 100baseTX mediaopt half-duplex```

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 16.59.19.png

It works for me on ifconfig en0 media 100baseTX. thank you very much.

but after installation i got no sound though the sound preference shows [internal speaker, line out etc.]. it tried all option but it does not work. i also tried all layoutid in AppleALC for ALC1200A. can you fever again.

12 hours ago, MacLover1984 said:

It works for me on ifconfig en0 media 100baseTX. thank you very much.

but after installation i got no sound though the sound preference shows [internal speaker, line out etc.]. it tried all option but it does not work. i also tried all layoutid in AppleALC for ALC1200A. can you fever again.

AppleALC doesn't work for me, You can use Voodooo instead.

• 3 months later...

Studying lastest Linux driver sources I found out that problems with 1000MBit connections on the RTL8125B might be related to firmware issues. In order to resolve the issue a driver update is required but I won't find time for it before March because I have to study for an exam I'm going to take on March, the 4th.

Edited by Mieze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Mieze - you make me want to create a kext so I can name it after our cat.  The kids named her Moosh Moosh before they could actually talk.  Do you think people will want a kext named MooshMoosh? :)  Thanks for everything you do.  A few of my old hacks are still alive and kicking with your kexts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Here is a first development build of version 1.1.0d11, which involves the following changes:

• Updated Linux sources to 9.005.01.
  • Fixed auto-negotiation with 1 Gigabit switches.
  • Using 2.5 Gigabit requires manual selection of the medium.
  • Added support for adaptive poll interval in 2.5 Gigabit mode.

The attached build requires Mojave or above. Good luck testing!

LucyRTL8125Ethernet-V1.1.0d11.zip

• Thanks 3

Thank you so much for the Amazing work, Testing with a Asus X570-E and auto-negotiation is now working perfectly. :)

Selecting 2.5 gigabit manually results in the ethernet port cutting off.

Am I doing something wrong by any chance?

Loving the work though and having auto-negotiation working put a massive smile on my face.

Thank you Again. :)

Update, My Apple Watch unlock is working a lot better using your updated kext. How did you do that? Double Amazing.

(I didn't even connect the two together as a problem with the unlock, I just thought Apple Watch unlock was super flaky on my AMD Build)

Update 2, 2.5gb is working, the fault was in my end.  All perfect. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

I managed to further improve the driver so that auto-negotiation is working with all supported speeds (including 2.5 GBit/s) in version 1.1.0d12. The attached archive includes a debug and a release build, which I'm using on my primary work machine.

Good luck and have fun!

LucyRTL8125Ethernet-V1.1.0d12.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...