LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext for Realtek RTL8125

Mieze

117 posts in this topic

Here is version 1.0.0d5 in which I enabled TSO. The attached archive contains prebuilt binaries for Catalina and Mojave. I verified that it loads under Mojave. In case you want to build from source with Mojave, you have to use Xcode 10.3.

Good luck testing!

Mieze :cat:

LucyRTL8125Ethernet-V1.0.0d5.zip

• Like 2

hi there, Thank you so much for your work on this kext, i did test d5 version kext and its loading in macOS mojave and working fine but i want to report one thing i still have to select medium manually to make it work. if you tell me anything you want and i can upload the logs or anything. Again thanks for your Work <3

Specs:
MSI MEG X570 UNIFY - motherboard - ATX - Socket AM4 - AMD X570
MSI Gaming Radeon Rx 590
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

report.png

@kidooe That's nothing to worry about and it happens sometimes if both devices don't agree on the best speed. it's a hardware issue which can be resolved easily with manual intervention.

Mieze :cat:

• Thanks 1

Thank You!!! Lucy and the Developer!!! 

I have MSI X570 with two RTL8125 ( One for Internet and One for my NAS on Cross) I could not get it work during install so I just used Plugable USB and followed the instruction 
" Manual " on Hardware  --> My local internet is connected to 1Gbps when I tried manual with 2.5Gbps it did not get connected however when connecting with 1000Mbps it worked fine. 

thank you for building the driver. 

您好,我的主板技嘉Z490 ELITE使用您共享的驱动程序配备了RTL8125 2.5G。当前,乱码显示在本机上,无法连接到网络,并且已经过自动和手动测试。很抱歉使用的翻译工具是英语的辛勤工作。

8125-2.png

8125.png

lan.log

Edited by bugprogrammer
add logs

106035+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) EEE support enabled

111553+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) TCP/IPv4 segmentation offload enabled

111722+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) TCP/IPv6 segmentation offload enabled

111893+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) TCP/IPv6 checksum offload enabled.

112232+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) Version 1.0.0d5 using interrupt mitigate value 0x5f51.

117502+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) Disable PCIe ASPM

137419+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) RTL8125B: (Chipset 3), 70:85:c2:cd:35:ff

931342+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) Link down on en1

Just can't get my TP-Link Gigabyte TG-3468 to work under Catalina .

System Report shows no PCIe Ethernet cards in my system / This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed.

I've tried the latest LucyRTL8125Ethernet installing with KextWizard .

sudo kextutil -v 5 LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext

Puts out ...

Kext user-space log filter changed from 0xff2 to 0xff7.

Kext kernel-space log filter changed from 0xff2 to 0xff7.

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext not of type 'kext'.

usage: kextutil [options] [--] [kext] ...

use kextutil -help for an explanation of each option

studio@STUDIOs-iMac ~ % sudo kextutil -v 5 LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext

Kext user-space log filter changed from 0xff2 to 0xff7.

Kext kernel-space log filter changed from 0xff2 to 0xff7.

Can't stat LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext - No such file or directory.

Please Help me out, ASAP .

- TS -

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 2:19 PM, luckyducky8676 said:

Ok I just used a usb-c hub that I had for Ethernet to install, and I got the rtl8125 to work afterwards following your instructions :) 

thank you!

I also have the x570 unify, (with ethernet cable plugged into the motherboard) but I can't install macOS because the installer does not see the internet connection as you describe too.

Can you clarify your solution to get it installed?

Did you use a USB-C to Ethernet dongle/hub and as soon as you plug your ethernet cable in, your mac installer recognized the internet connection?

I do not have a dongle/hub but if that seems to be the solution I can probably find one to try as well.

thank you for your help!

Ok, so here's the logs, a rather boring wireshark trace and some screenshots of ioregistryexplorer.

Log starts with a fresh boot, manual configuration of 1000Base-T, Full Duplex => self-assign 169.254... IP.

Then after a whie i changed to automatic configuration (no connection)

Might as well be ACPI related issues, as I'm only just learning how to fix all that.

So if anyone can give me a hint towards this I'll be glad as well!

Oh and connecting the very same cable end to my MBP results in a perfectly fine 1000Base-T, Full DUplex, EEE connection.

Other end is a router with DHCP enabled, which I never had any issues with.

Thansk in advance to anyone who's looking into this - and of course to @Mieze for writing the driver in the first place!

Update: Bug resolved, removed logs

Edited by joe2347234782357

5 hours ago, Brumbaer said:

Please try the attached version of the kext and tell me whether it makes a difference.

LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.zip

Thanks, Brumbaer! This did  the trick.

Setting the link speed manually is still required, though, but in reality this presents little to no issue at all.

If Mieze accepts Pull Requests, this should go into the next release :)

Edited by joe2347234782357
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brumbaer said:

Do you have a 2500 network ?

If not select the correct speed.

If so, do you have an ordinary 1 Giga network for testing ? Just to make sure that it's not working.

Oh lol, I didn't realize I need to select whatever speed my network has, I thought I'm supposed to select the speed of my network card. Setting it to 1000 does not work, but 100 does... 100 is probably the speed of my network because I use some fairly old wireless device to get the ethernet to my room. Thanks!

@Brumbaer Thanks for tracking down this bug to it's origin. I'm going to rewrite chip recognition from scratch next week because Realtek's solution is not only confusing but also extremely ugly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I have read and write set to enable, using tool, make my disk read writeable yet, in hackintool I get the following message

System/Library/Extensions/LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext does not authenticate; omitting

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions:

On 6/12/2020 at 4:35 AM, joe2347234782357 said:

Thanks, Brumbaer! This did  the trick.

Setting the link speed manually is still required, though, but in reality this presents little to no issue at all.

If Mieze accepts Pull Requests, this should go into the next release :)

This worked on my MSI z490m Gaming Edge - thank you much for your contributions!

One thing I just caught is the latest version (d6 and the one you posted right before (not d5)) cause the machine not to sleep -- when i invoke sleep, the screen goes off, but machine keeps running, eventually i hear the fans spool up as if the cpu is becoming loaded after 3-5 mins.

The previous versions that did not work on this board (d5 and before did not cause sleep issues, but also did not connect to network. Im going to try using latest version and prior to sleep turning the interface off.