LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext for Realtek RTL8125

Mieze

117 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, redcweed said:

One thing I just caught is the latest version (d6 and the one you posted right before (not d5)) cause the machine not to sleep -- when i invoke sleep, the screen goes off, but machine keeps running, eventually i hear the fans spool up as if the cpu is becoming loaded after 3-5 mins.

The previous versions that did not work on this board (d5 and before did not cause sleep issues, but also did not connect to network. Im going to try using latest version and prior to sleep turning the interface off.

I'm sorry but that's nonsense because your sleep issue doesn't have anything to do with the driver.

12 minutes ago, Mieze said:

I'm sorry but that's nonsense because your sleep issue doesn't have anything to do with the driver.

Well, when I remove the kext from startup, the computer sleeps and also disabling the ethernet device in the system preferences allows it to sleep - but when network is on the computer does not sleep. It may not be your driver, but the presence of the network itself somehow -- but dont get me wrong, i'm very thankful to have the ethernet port working, even if it means the computer wont sleep

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 1:31 AM, kidooe said:

hi there, Thank you so much for your work on this kext, i did test d5 version kext and its loading in macOS mojave and working fine but i want to report one thing i still have to select medium manually to make it work. if you tell me anything you want and i can upload the logs or anything. Again thanks for your Work <3

Specs:
MSI MEG X570 UNIFY - motherboard - ATX - Socket AM4 - AMD X570
MSI Gaming Radeon Rx 590
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

report.png

Hi kidooe,

can you please tell me how you did it? I keep trying but all I get is "unsigned kext"

did you install kext in L/E or S/L/E? im using MSI x570 tomahawk mobo with opencore and mojave 10.14.6, same as you

thanks!

On 4/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, luckyducky8676 said:

Ok I just used a usb-c hub that I had for Ethernet to install, and I got the rtl8125 to work afterwards following your instructions :) 

thank you!

Hi, im currently facing the same issue on the same motherboard, How did you do yours? did you just connect the iphone and enable tethering?

Hello guys. First time here. On the first page luckyducky8676 asked how to install system with this Kext on RTL8125 without system settings. In installer use terminal. Type in commmand:

ifconfig
to know what your interface name is, it can be en0 or en1 etc.

Then type in command

ifconfig en0 media 1000baseT

where "en0" your interface name

This command will push your connection to 1Gb speed, and you can install your OS without exxxternal LAN adapter.

Works fine for me.

Edited by alazium

en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 9000

options=40b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_HWTAGGING,CHANNEL_IO>

ether 70:85:c2:cd:35:ff 

nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>

media: 2500Base-T <full-duplex> (<unknown type>)

I still get power down or link down on boot

with latest compile of kernel d6

I tried to disable power efficiency in plist EE

still the same result

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem to install LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext with OpenCore 0.6.0

I have all my kexts place in the EFI/OC/Kexts, also enabled all of them in config.plist

but Lucy shows error.

any advise? 

IMG_0021.JPG

On 7/10/2020 at 7:29 PM, kidooe said:

just use opencore to inject the kext, i never installed any kexts in LE or SLE. use bootloader to inject kexts

I never installed in LE or SLE too.

Does OC 0.6.0 able to inject the Kext by placing it under EFI/OC/Kexts? 

Hey guys,

I'm not able to get Ethernet working! I'm running an ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac with a Realtek 8125 LAN device; current driver is v1.0.0d6 of LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext. Computer works perfectly otherwise, but no Ethernet.

When I inject device-id F2150000 to my Ethernet PCI root (slightly different than the one listed in the Opencore guide: RP05 -> 0x1C,0x0 instead of RPxx -> 0x1C,0x1) I lose the Ethernet option in System Preferences -> Network. Similarly if I remove  LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext I have no Ethernet network option.

Here's a well-formatted post on Reddit showing all of my testing: 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what else I can try to get Ethernet working?

Thanks to all of you, especially Mausi !!

config.plist

Ethernet Debug log.txt

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 3.45.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 4.29.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 5.46.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-03 at 6.33.02 PM.png

Solved!! @bendodo perhaps this is your issue as well?

Compile and use V1.0.0d6 of the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext (available here) and then change your Ethernet's Speed to Base1000T as shown below.

@Mieze Would there be any way to edit config.plist or the kext to automatically negotiate the Ethernet port's speed? Possibly just force 1Gbit?

Thank you so so much for your kernel extension and all your hard work!!! We all really appreciate you :)

Cheers!

REDDIT -- Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 9.47.58 AM.png

• 2 weeks later...

As version 1.0.0d6 has been working very stable, I decided to make it the first official release 1.0.0 and uploaded a prebuilt binary with debug and release builds to the download section.

Mieze :cat:

• Like 1

@matthias_wahn

you can follow this guide on creating your config.plist using opencore.

just use the propertree program to make it easier.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#starting-point

then you can use this tool to check most stuff in general for your config.plist
https://opencore.slowgeek.com/

Edited by sulitfactor

Hey @Mieze how are you? I just discovered this kext and my question is: how many cats do or did you have?

And also any reccomendation for a cheap pcie card compatible with it? since i have plenty of pcie slots it would be nice to upgrade to 2.5 Gigabit

• Like 1

Thanks for this driver. It's working fine on my Aorus Z490 Elite. Only in 100mbps mode though I need to investigate that a bit further yet, my switch and router are both 1gbps and windows connects at 1gbps, might be some of the cat 5 cabling I have causing it?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7imageproxy.php?img=&key=c17464ef1b1b51c7

On 8/19/2020 at 6:37 AM, ITzTravelInTime said:

Hey @Mieze how are you? I just discovered this kext and my question is: how many cats do or did you have?

And also any reccomendation for a cheap pcie card compatible with it? since i have plenty of pcie slots it would be nice to upgrade to 2.5 Gigabit

you can find some sellers on aliexpress.

GRIS or TP-LINK would do.

they should look like these.

O1CN01p2xLnD2CnIGLUFOIt_!!2091308518.thumb.jpg.924f568ede49f935ff91828739af27c9.jpgO1CN01Hpi4av1a8ZgaslVsS_!!3066833285.thumb.jpg.d8233953e5bcbec3d36035bd677f9997.jpg

Edited by Henry2010
  • Like 1