GUIDE: Z77MX-QUO-AOS Migrating from Ozmosis to OpenCore

IronManJFF

235 posts in this topic

Yes I saw that. I ordered one for testing, but I did not see anything in the BIOS?

Which one did you chose ? On my side, I’ve found something, check my previous post (edited). The pinout layout is correct.

On 6/28/2021 at 5:06 AM, IronManJFF said:

OC 0.7.1 is not an official release , stick with what works.

Got it working. The problem was either the USB drive or most probably the USB remapping. Had to Install HS on my Mac, install the web driver for GEFORCE 1050Ti, and connect the drive back to the PC. OC was in the EFI partition.

I will play with the USB remapping and make sure all USB ports are bootable. If I succeed you may add the remapping to the OC sample folder. 

Edited by startergo

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the simplest (stupidest) test if the current setup is ready for the next macOS 12. I prepared a drive with the current beta using MacBook and tried to boot it up.

It failed. 

It would be really awesome if we could run the newest system :) I hope there will be more information on how to run it on OpenCore after the final release.

Have a nice day everyone.

• Like 1

Here is the latest (as of today 07/08/2021) OpenCore commit 0.7.2. USB map kext is included. Just fill in your serials. 

USBMapLegacy.kext (Mojave And Older)    - AppleUSBMergeNub, MaxKernel=18.9.9

USBMap.kext (Catalina And Newer)  - AppleUSBHostMergeProperties, MinKernel=19.0.0

commit d0559e4da04c45e4884b407b14ea3ffcd935a819 0.7.2.zip

Edited by startergo
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am happy about this thread because I will reactivate my QUO Motherboard with i3770K and AData 32 GB, i have any time ago after Ozmosis the first original Bios Z77MXQUOAOS.F2N flashed and use the QUO for other things.

The Z77MXQUOAOS.H4O.OC.ROM from the Migration.zip (thank you IronManJFF) is recommendable what I have read ?

Graphic Card I have HD4000 (intern) Asus GT710 (Kepler) or I buy a Msi Radeon 6600 XT.

The question is what SMBIos I can use, Big Sur or Monterey 12.1 (AMD Radeon 6600 XT) would be the wish.

What I see many People use iMac13,2 but what I've read is about iMac13,2 work’s only to macOS Catalina or functions iMac13,2 also with Big Sur ?

For Monterey or Big Sur is SMBIOS Mac Pro 6,1 good or with possible Radeon 6600 XT is iMac Pro a option ?

Edited by plutect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sure where to ask, so I hope you could help me here.

After a few minutes of using (randomly), os freezes - I can not do anything and I can only see what were displayed.

I had it with OpenCore 0.6.3. I hoped a new version of OpenCore will fix it, but it is the same with 0.7.6.

Please, how can I debug it? I don't have much experiences with this.

Thank you.

Create a new user account and see if it still occurs using the new account.

That will help narrowing it to a 'system problem' vs a 'user problem'.

Once your system has booted MacOS .. OpenCore is out of the picture so a new version of OC will not likely fix it

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, IronManJFF said:

Thanks @IronManJFF, I have a small issue, in the Migration guide it says to place all my variables into PlatformInfo > Generic > 'Each variable'. But that tab doesn't seam to exist in the config template that I cloned from your repo.

477753015_Screenshot2022-01-23at13_56_49.png.7b0366bc99055e3d92d4b14ed4d2d1d5.png

It should be there between NVRAM and UEFI should it not?

Thanks in advanced, and hope you are all well!

Mmm I will have to update the RTF and first post ... there is a file named PlatformInfo.plist, put it there and then run  CreateConfig.sh, it will merge the template file & PlatformInfo and save the result as config.plist.

Thanks for pointing it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to sell my Quo motherboard.  I was one of the original Kickstarter backers, but after having kids, I don't have time for the hobbies I used to.  The motherboard has been sitting unused since 2016.  I booted it up, and it still works great.  I flashed it back to it's original BIOS.  Still have the original box and certificate.  PM me if you are interested.  Thanks!

On 1/23/2022 at 7:54 PM, IronManJFF said:

Mmm I will have to update the RTF and first post ... there is a file named PlatformInfo.plist, put it there and then run  CreateConfig.sh, it will merge the template file & PlatformInfo and save the result as config.plist.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Updated

• 1 month later...

Hi I now allowed to post on this specific forum so here is my problem I am trying to run a High Sierra 10.13.6 installation on the above board.  If anyone can direct to an actual working efi using any opencore version to start the learning process.. thanks. I have tried the tips on the forum here but cannot get OSX 10.13.6 (last version) to install

. My issue is that installation via the recommended method (might) have been directed more toward a later OSX system such as mojave/catalina etc. As I am getting no recognition of "install osx" on hard drive after writing to it via installer USB  using the method on this forum. After regular OC USB installation board does a hard restart but will not recognize the "install osx temporary file on the newly formatted Hard Drive.  The boot screen just shows the original USB installer. I have mounted the disc and "seen" the install program on the drive but I'm thinking the security update of latest High Sierra might be preventing recognition by OC booter? I have to install High Sierra to take advantage of some older software and GFX card issues.  Anyone using High Sierra via OC on this motherboard and installation worked maybe have some tips? 

(I have managed to find and use a generic Ivy Bridge EFI to install with the latest Open Core version but it does not allow Screen mirroring with my Mac natively supported  GFX card) 

This has worked just fine using a Clover install just like a regular mac platform but I'd really like to take advantage of the Wizard IronMan's clean efi to make things less buggy. 

Has anyone an EFI sample using High Sierra 10.13.6 with this method?   thanks for any guidance. 

Putting it simply above post is a bit wordy .. I know.  Can anyone help with why my "install OSX" .. (the temporary file on hard drive after USB installation disc is done) does not show up in the Open Core boot screen? 

• 1 month later...