AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

I repeat once again. Download your EFi and did nothing else, then add your data (sn uuid mlb) and that’s it. After that, only 15 USB ports work for me. And I wanted it to work - ALL ports.

The OpenCore bootloader only has 15 USB ports. On the bootloader "Clover" - all USB ports are wound up. Can you make all of the USB ports factory installed in the OpenCore bootloader?

08.02.2020 в 18:18 Matgen84 сказал:

08.02.2020 в 18:18 Matgen84 сказал:

Edited by kapelan6
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @AudioGod

Update to OcQuriks Rev_14: all works fine :)

I noticed you have been fiddling with Oc over on there thread.

have you got it improved any by them lot?

im fed up with OC at the moment so I’ve gone back to clover...lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I noticed you have been fiddling with Oc over on there thread.

have you got it improved any by them lot?

im fed up with OC at the moment so I’ve gone back to clover...lol

I will reply in MP :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, channa13 said:

Thank you

I'm getting some probs when using the smbios 19.1 oc, on cold boot the system shows black screen with debug code 99.. but on sb 1.1 everything's going well

You might want to try doing a battery bios reset to fully clear out the NVram and that will kick 19.1 into gear.

check the update notes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

You might want to try doing a battery bios reset to fully clear out the NVram and that will kick 19.1 into gear.

check the update notes

I did it but something , the OC update for 14/01 is working , but the last one when I shutdown my pc I cannot boot. I only can when I hit the reset button

3 minutes ago, channa13 said:

I did it but something , the OC update for 14/01 is working , but the last one when I shutdown my pc I cannot boot. I only can when I hit the reset button

Again read the update notes as it explains everything.

5 minutes ago, channa13 said:

why u keep saying read the update as It seems the first time I use the Efi ? all the previous update are working , not the last 

It explains why in my update post buddy and I’m in the middle of a massive job so you can save me the time of going though it all again and just read the post.

sorry I can’t be more helpful at the second but it really is all explained in my post. 

@channa13

NEW Clover Major EFI, 4th February 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11c)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE

PLEASE NOTE IT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED THAT THE DRIVER MemoryAllocation.EFI IS MADE FROM THE SAME CODE AS THE FREE2000.EFI DRIVER AND IS POTENTIALLY HARMFUL TO YOUR SYSTEM SO I HAVE DECIDED TO DROP THE DRIVER FROM MY EFIs.

You will need to preform a full bios reset by removing all power to the system and then removing the motherboards internal battery for a few minutes then put it all back and load back in your bios profile and continue as normal.

If you find your unable to boot up with the new EFI and the IGPU enabled then you can try dropping the IGPU memory from 64mb to 32mb or if that doesn't work you can disable the IGPU and change the boot argument from shikigva=80 to shikigva=144

im not sure that could be any clearer tbh lol

Edited by AudioGod

@AudioGod I really appreciated you buddy, I was trying other method to install Catalina on my Aorus Master with no luck for many hours but I got it successful with your method within 20mins for fully working Hackintosh since January , Not yet test your last update EFI yet, I will try it tonight, anyway I tried to monitor my temperature and fan rpm through iStat Menu by copy SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other but it is not working. Is there anyway to get temperature monitor working ?

Thanks you

17 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

@AudioGod I really appreciated you buddy, I was trying other method to install Catalina on my Aorus Master with no luck for many hours but I got it successful with your method within 20mins for fully working Hackintosh since January , Not yet test your last update EFI yet, I will try it tonight, anyway I tried to monitor my temperature and fan rpm through iStat Menu by copy SMCSuperIO.kext and SMCProcessor.kext to EFI/Clover/Kext/Other but it is not working. Is there anyway to get temperature monitor working ?

Thanks you

Should be working fine bud,

redownload the latest version of VirtualSMC and instal again replacing virtualSMC for the latest version too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Should be working fine bud,

redownload the latest version of VirtualSMC and instal again replacing virtualSMC for the latest version too.

Thanks buddy, just download the latest version and replace it, CPU sensor worked great but there is GPU temperature. 

Is there anything I could do to ???

Edited by pl4n__b

37 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

Thanks buddy, just download the latest version and replace it, CPU sensor worked great but there is GPU temperature. 

Is there anything I could do to ???

Il check on mine when I’m next in front of it.

15 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Il check on mine when I’m next in front of it.

one more question buddy, in my clover boot menu there is no windows partition, I have them dual boot on a separate 500gb ssd, windows on the 1st slot and Catalina on the second slot ( I installed windows first ), I have tried to find the uuid of the Windows EFI to add to clover custom entries but couldn't find it, there is no efi partiton on windows drive please see the photo...

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 1.47.15 PM.png

Edited by pl4n__b

2 hours ago, pl4n__b said:

one more question buddy, in my clover boot menu there is no windows partition, I have them dual boot on a separate 500gb ssd, windows on the 1st slot and Catalina on the second slot ( I installed windows first ), I have tried to find the uuid of the Windows EFI to add to clover custom entries but couldn't find it, there is no efi partiton on windows drive please see the photo...

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 1.47.15 PM.png

You must have windows booted up as a non UEFI boot.

to find out if that’s the case you need to go into the bios and enable CSM and if you windows drive reappears after that then there’s your answer.

Hey @audiogod

I just purchased exact same setup as you, to replicate this build. I have a macbook pro 2016 at catalina 15.3 which i used to built the bootable USB and then replaced the efi with your provided efi (after inserting the correct uuid and serial number from clover configurator). The system doesnt seem to boot and restarts halfway in the apple logo screen. Is there a way to get your current bios profile and efi backup that I can upload in mine? i am also on 11c bios.

Shall I install MacOS with GPU (5700 XT) or without GPU? (in your settings for BIOS it says to use PCIE slot). I was trying to install macos without GPU though by changing that setting to IGFX)

Thank you so much for all you have done here.

Edited by texasdude11