PS3

mac-mini

PS3  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a PS3

• Yes
    • No

36 posts in this topic

I think i'm going to go with a 360 first then maybe when the new zelda comes out get a Wii. Most of my friends are on XBox Live now and since most of them live 8hrs away from me, it's a good choice. Nintendo has made quality products since the early 80's, I just think they've been lossing the software game with the exception of their own games (mario, zelda, metroid, etc). I won't be spending the $600 on a PS3 anytime soon, i'd rather get both an Xbox and a Wii for just alittle more...just my two cents though, congrats to all who actually got their hands on a ps3 and didn't sell it on ebay

The fact that no one has argued about which one is better yet brings a tear to my eye

:)

Well, that's because it's so obvious the PS3 is better than the 360 and Wii put together...

:)

Well... since the PS3 uses BluRay technology, I'm sure the price is going to plummet to $400 for the higher-end model by summer. Just about everything that has even a scant relevance to "High Definition" tech costs a butload of cash. Standard AV cables for a TV cost $12 at most, as opposed to an HDMI cable which costs an insane $80 at radio-shack. Take a system that revolves around the whole idea of HDTV, and expect to pay your soul for it.

Without a real HDTV, the PS3 isn't even worth it really. First I need to move away from standard def, then I can look into a PS3... by 2009.

wait til motorstorm comes out, then i'll be buying it. I already have that logitech GT steering wheel (in fact i would buy it when they release GT-HD if I had the money), which i cant wait to play with.

also, i would use it as a media center, & BR player.

actual games are not that impressive (though resistance is a great launch title!) but they still compare to actual 360 games, wich is 1year old system - look at virtua tennis or f1 and drop jaws!!

of course, as takuro points out, if you have no HD set, you'd better stay with last gen console, or with a wii; I still play some mario kart in my superNES!!! (which may be available in the wii soon)

p.s. sorry for my spelling, or if i wrote something with no sense - im not english!

i agree bwhsh8r except PS3 before Xbox 360

I would do the PS3 first, but the xbox 360 has allready had some time, so it will have a price drop much sooner than PS3 which wont be available until the next american shipment.... so ill get the xbox 360 to hold me over and get my hd gaming fix whial not buying the PS3 that is to expensive at this time for me to consider (because there is no denying that every 3-ish years consoles are obsolete... so why spend $700? Ill wait Sony out on this one :thumbsdown_anim:) oh, and i had to scratch a retro itch lately thats been buggin me, so i sprung a wopping $16 dollars to buy 2 Dreamcasts :D (hello burnt gd-rom bios hole for cd-r s :o )

my 360 arrives today and i will enjoy it better with my HDTV. :D

ps3 way to expensive for me right now i think i will wait for the end of next year to consider it.

Wii its great tho as always nintendo will be at the -18 market with their games with a few exceptions (cod3) as example.But the control is great .

GREETINGS