AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,862 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Ver:3.4.9 ? - I did check and it said it is  the latest - What am I missing?

Yea I get that as well but when I do and rerun it all I get is a flashing cursor and no CPU info.

I Canny test that one out as I use a Ryzen and it only shows intel info :( sorry

• Thanks 1

@AudioGod, I feel stupid asking this but is all that is needed to do a clean install of big sur a Mac OS X install of Big Sur with your EFI on a flash drive?

The reason I ask is that I used to use clover and simply switched over to open core by replacing the EFI, I've never actually done a clean install with open core before.

13 minutes ago, stavidawg said:

@AudioGod, I feel stupid asking this but is all that is needed to do a clean install of big sur a Mac OS X install of Big Sur with your EFI on a flash drive?

The reason I ask is that I used to use clover and simply switched over to open core by replacing the EFI, I've never actually done a clean install with open core before.

Clean installs are always nice and the best install you can do but not really necessary so just go for it and just update or you can do what I do sometimes and clean install macOS and then use a TM backup and restore your setup. Ends up the same whatever way you go. Updates can end up ever so slightly slower when it comes to boot time but I’m talking so slight it really doesn’t matter.

Edited by AudioGod

I don't usually use or recommend OC Configurators to update a config.plist or EFI Folder but this app 'QtOpencoreConfigurator' is an absolute gem. It is simplicity itself, all you need to do is ensure all your kexts are the latest then open the latest Sample.plist or SampleCusto.plist with QtOpencoreConfigurator, then next go up to the top of the Menu Bar next to the Apple Icon and click on File/Open (i.e EFI Folder) and it will port all your previous Config.plist settings to the Sample.plist then all you need to do is to 'Save As'. It also has among others a useful

Spoiler

413895858_ScreenShot2021-01-06at19_08_20.thumb.png.eae660c5d40daa9f855d04fa4eeec293.png

builtin OC Validate checker in the upper Menu Bar under Auxiliary Tools that works works very well, showing errors if any and where they are.

It also has the ability to build the EFI Folder and place it on your Desktop and advise of any missing components to be added.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi all,

And thanks to @AudioGod, and @eSaF, for your constant help but I have one question, how do I start the program?

Hiya - Are you talking about the app QtOpenCoreConfig? See the my post above if that is the query. Just down load the app, click on the app's folder to open it and then drag and drop it into your Application Folder. To use the app click on the Icon which will then appear on the desktop, now all you need to do is go to the Menu Bar at the top of your Screen and click on File and now you must point to where your config.plist is and then click Open. It is very easy, it kind of walks you through the process. The process to upgrade the OC config.plist is very simple also, this is how I do mine.

1. Place a copy of your current config.plist on the Desktop and rename it BAK.plist (or any name you like to avoid confusion).

2. Download the latest copy of OC Sample.plist and right click on the sample and Open with QtOpenCoreConfig which will import all the settings of the Sample.

3. Next go to the Menu Bar at the top of the Screen next to the Apple Icon and click on File and click Open, now you will choose your Desktop and Click on your current config.plist that you renamed and it will import all you settings to the new one automatically, all you need to do now is click on Save As and rename it config.plist.

4. At this stage you can check the validity of the new config with OC Validate, back up on the upper Menu Bar by clicking Auxiliary Tools and it will show errors if any and point to where the errors are to be corrected by you.

5. Another good feature it will even export an EFI Folder to your desktop if you wish and will inform you of any missing components.

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but like I said, it is very good, very easy and OC Newbie friendly.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does this happen to anyone else? This has been going on for a long time. When my computer wakes from screen sleep (not full sleep, doesn’t work on my system) my desktop picture is no longer in hi res. Not until I log out and log back in or restart does my desktop go back to normal. I have no idea why this happens.

I decided to update my Clover EFI to r5128 along with the latest verions of the KEXTs and EFI drivers; not quite ready to move to OC, so I figured I should learn to maintain my EFI for the time being. I tested the EFI on USB flash drive to be safe and got the dreaded "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error. I reused the unmodified OcQuirks.plist from @AudioGod's Clover EFI 040820 (Polaris; 19,1)... perhaps the old settings don't work with Clover r5128 + Mojave?

Here is a snapshot of the error message and a listing of my EFI contents. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Error.JPG

EFI Contents.png

17 hours ago, Project 2501 said:

I decided to update my Clover EFI to r5128 along with the latest verions of the KEXTs and EFI drivers; not quite ready to move to OC, so I figured I should learn to maintain my EFI for the time being. I tested the EFI on USB flash drive to be safe and got the dreaded "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error. I reused the unmodified OcQuirks.plist from @AudioGod's Clover EFI 040820 (Polaris; 19,1)... perhaps the old settings don't work with Clover r5128 + Mojave?

Here is a snapshot of the error message and a listing of my EFI contents. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Quick update if anybody is out there... I reverted back to Clover r5120 but kept all the updated drivers, and it booted just fine. Not sure where to go from here, but if Clover is a dead end, I guess trying OC won't hurt.

• Like 1

Hello AudioGod,

Everything works fine on my build. I was just wondering if the 15 port limit is still a thing with Big Sur because I checked with hacking tool and I realised that 23 ports a detected in my build with your EFI and the USB port map.

Only problem I still have (not a Hackintosh problem) is that my computer crashes after less then 5 min when I enable XMP. I tried the 3rd kit of RAM already and always the same. I doesn't crash with 2 sticks but as soon as I take 4 sticks it crashes. Meanwhile I think it's the motherboard. Without XMP it runs perfectly smooth.

Best

Ben

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 12.32.15.png

Edited by benjiolino

26 minutes ago, benjiolino said:

Hello AudioGod,

Everything works fine on my build. I was just wondering if the 15 port limit is still a thing with Big Sur because I checked with hacking tool and I realised that 23 ports a detected in my build with your EFI and the USB port map.

Only problem I still have (not a Hackintosh problem) is that my computer crashes after less then 5 min when I enable XMP. I tried the 3rd kit of RAM already and always the same. I doesn't crash with 2 sticks but as soon as I take 4 sticks it crashes. Meanwhile I think it's the motherboard. Without XMP it runs perfectly smooth.

Best

Ben

Screenshot 2021-01-09 at 12.32.15.png

What’s going on there then?

15 port is in effect. Check to see the quirk to bypass the limit is disabled on the plist bud.

I just checked the EFI here and it’s all correct plus it’s the first I’m hearing about this one. 

If your using your own personal USB kext instead of mine you need to make sure it’s name is USBMap.kext

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

What’s going on there then?

15 port is in effect. Check to see the quirk to bypass the limit is disabled on the plist bud.

I just checked the EFI here and it’s all correct plus it’s the first I’m hearing about this one. 

If your using your own personal USB kext instead of mine you need to make sure it’s name is USBMap.kext

I did´nt modify anything on your EFI. Only I put in a Serial and MBL. I use your latest OpenCore v0.6.5, SMBios iMac19,...

ere´s my EFI. I only deleted the serial numbers before uploading:

EFI.zip

Font_2x.png

Font_1x.png

Edited by benjiolino

Hi, I'm still on Catalina with @AudioGod latest Clover release on bios F12K, and everything is working great as usual, but when I try to boot from usb stick with Opencore Efi (OC 065 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI 040121) it just won't boot.

I just changed the MLB, SN and UUID. 

I start with F12, choose OpenCore, then Space to clean NVRAM, F12 again, OpenCore again, select the MacOS and the message is:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation

OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcingl

OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Can someone understand what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, jmcm said:

Hi, I'm still on Catalina with @AudioGod latest Clover release on bios F12K, and everything is working great as usual, but when I try to boot from usb stick with Opencore Efi (OC 065 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI 040121) it just won't boot.

I just changed the MLB, SN and UUID. 

I start with F12, choose OpenCore, then Space to clean NVRAM, F12 again, OpenCore again, select the MacOS and the message is:

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation

OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcingl

OCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

Can someone understand what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

As far as I know you should not select OpenCore in Bootmenu. You have to select the EFI partition on your USB. it should be called UEFI on drive name (sandisk or whatever)

On 1/5/2021 at 9:41 PM, AudioGod said:

in the bios set,

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Yes confirmed mate.. its got me stumped lol.

Its not the end of the world and appears to be an issue I have but not others

On 1/8/2021 at 10:52 PM, Project 2501 said:

Quick update if anybody is out there... I reverted back to Clover r5120 but kept all the updated drivers, and it booted just fine. Not sure where to go from here, but if Clover is a dead end, I guess trying OC won't hurt.

I got Clover r5128 to work, and of course, the problem was me not fully understanding what changed between r5120 and r5128. It seems that OcQuirks.efi and OpenRuntime.efi are no longer needed. The Clover config.plist now has a Quirks section. All I had to do was use PlistEdit Pro to create a "Quirks" Dictionary in the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and copy the key/value pairs from the old EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/OcQuirks.plist

18 hours ago, benjiolino said:

As far as I know you should not select OpenCore in Bootmenu. You have to select the EFI partition on your USB. it should be called UEFI on drive name (sandisk or whatever)

Hi, I only have 3 options, Windows Boot Manager (my windows m.2 disk), UEFI Samsung SSD (this is the Clover EFI in m.2 Catalina disk) and OpenCore (that only exists in the usb).

I've changed "SecureBootModel" from j137 (or something like that) to Disabled and the system booted.

On the login screen I noticed that my usb keyboard and mouse wasn't working, but changed them to the top usb rows, and it's working again.

I just don't know if I should kept SecureBootModel disabled or if I need to do something else first.

Thanks.

On 10/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, AudioGod said:

as for the wake sleep thing, I'm sorry I don't buy that response to it.

Its always worked as it should using darkwake=0 so now its broken I won't just accept it as a oh well its a hack thing, that's very defeatist of you. I would like to think that the OC Devs will get on top of that eventually as well as DRM being broken (for 19,1 etc) and have things back to normal.

On Catalina, darkwake = 0 saved from waking up with a double click.

In macOS Big Sur the key of darkwake=0 stopped being an awakening method without double clicking of the keypad.

Based on this article https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/keyboard.html , besides darkwake = 0, there are two more ways to get rid of double-clicking when the computer wakes up, but neither the acpi-wake-type writing in DeviceProperties, nor USBWakeFixup.kext paired with SSDT-USBW.aml give a result. In SSDT-USBW I tried all USB-Devices.

log show -last boot | grep -i 'wake reason'

I saw it:

1807494618_2021-01-0920_16_23.thumb.png.e3c045f07d5fe26461a68b6fb6ee4b2b.png

The reason was the Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled in the BIOS. After disabling this function, the computer began to wake up one click at a time without using the darkwake = 0 key and other options. True, I had to lower the memory frequency to 1600MHz.

210110195805.thumb.jpg.775da74f10a20c07d6640bb6b91143ea.jpg

I saw it:

2053654456_2021-01-1022_13_08.thumb.png.d9487532c0c70e60d5a6a2072cc27d65.png

Sorry for the bad translation)))

1 hour ago, Galan-od said:

On Catalina, darkwake = 0 saved from waking up with a double click.

In macOS Big Sur the key of darkwake=0 stopped being an awakening method without double clicking of the keypad.

Based on this article https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/keyboard.html , besides darkwake = 0, there are two more ways to get rid of double-clicking when the computer wakes up, but neither the acpi-wake-type writing in DeviceProperties, nor USBWakeFixup.kext paired with SSDT-USBW.aml give a result. In SSDT-USBW I tried all USB-Devices.

log show -last boot | grep -i 'wake reason'

I saw it:

1807494618_2021-01-0920_16_23.thumb.png.e3c045f07d5fe26461a68b6fb6ee4b2b.png

The reason was the Internal PLL Overvoltage enabled in the BIOS. After disabling this function, the computer began to wake up one click at a time without using the darkwake = 0 key and other options. True, I had to lower the memory frequency to 1600MHz.

210110195805.thumb.jpg.775da74f10a20c07d6640bb6b91143ea.jpg

I saw it:

2053654456_2021-01-1022_13_08.thumb.png.d9487532c0c70e60d5a6a2072cc27d65.png

Sorry for the bad translation)))

Well done buddy, that’s a good find but the problem is Internal PLL Overvoltage doesn’t exist on modern boards anymore I don’t think. I might be wrong though so I will double check that now. Let’s see

Also having to lower the memory is an instant dealbreaker for me. Big Nono

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1