Jump to content

Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro


glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, larabee said:

I used your pre-installation EFI as both my Pre and Post installation. I don't need to do anything with SSDT for my USB to work because my board is within the USB limit of Mac OS. Besides, the USB patch from config.plist already unlocked the USB 3 ports. Everything went as smoothly as it should on a real Mac. 

I'm still tweaking the voltage of my Vega 56 to make it runs a bit cooler.

 

 

Was just looking at your board.  Do you have a WiFi card with Bluetooth connected to F_USB header, also is F_USB30 attached to CASE, those USB ports on CASE could exceed the limit. 

 

1643816610_Screenshot2019-04-22at07_26_46.png.c4ddc378668df1611f491bfd8c7ba486.png

 

 

If in doubt, try a port discovery,  see guide below:

 

 

Thanks for letting me know that EFI pre-installation worked on your machine. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, glasgood said:

 

Hi, 

 

I got two hard drives for my machine, one  for testing. I noticed that Country Code was set US on the test drive, as far as I was aware it should be GB or DE.  As far as I know, AirportBrcmFixup.kext for my Wi-Fi card defaults to US, so I found the way to change country code. I updated guide with instructions on this. 

 

OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code

 

 

 

Resolved the issue, finally.  Regarding the speed problem with the BCM94360CD, this is where some of my inexperience shows up, after trying varying ways to get my 5GHz band working as it should, stopping the high pings and complete slowing down of my connection to a crawl, etc.  I reseated the card, rebooted my router, still no avail, then I realized I had overlooked placing the AirportBrcmFixup.kext into my Other folder on my EFI partition.  I guess I thought this card just worked out of the box so it didn't occur to me.  Once the kext was installed, and I rebooted my speed went way up where it should be normally.  And more importantly stayed there. Now to change the country code. :)

Edited by Hifi33
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, glasgood said:

 

Was just looking at your board.  Do you have a WiFi card with Bluetooth connected to F_USB header, also is F_USB30 attached to CASE, those USB ports on CASE could exceed the limit. 

 

If in doubt, try a port discovery,  see guide below:

 

 

Thanks for letting me know that EFI pre-installation worked on your machine. 

 

 

I don't use any of those connectors and stay within the USB limit. I tried hooking up my case USB ports and my Monitor USB ports into the USB 3 headers on my board and confirm they are all working just fine (I did not measure the bandwidth of them anyway) 

I think it's because I have the USB patches applied?  

489097579_ScreenShot2019-04-22at4_01_18PM.thumb.png.719806964222cf493241c96c91ba16ce.png

 

I will install a thunderbolt add-on card from Gigabyte soon.

What Wifi card do you recommend for airdrop? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, larabee said:

 

I don't use any of those connectors and stay within the USB limit. I tried hooking up my case USB ports and my Monitor USB ports into the USB 3 headers on my board and confirm they are all working just fine (I did not measure the bandwidth of them anyway) 

I think it's because I have the USB patches applied?  

 

I will install a thunderbolt add-on card from Gigabyte soon.

What Wifi card do you recommend for airdrop? 

 

 

 

Sometime when macOS is updated it can beak the ports limit patch, and RehabMan mentioned " The port limit patch should not be used as a permanent solution. There is now clear evidence that using it causes other data beyond what is evidently a fixed size array to be clobbered. The result is strange behavior by the USB drivers when the port limit is exceeded." Pointer >> USB ports limit etc..

 

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS  

 

:)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, glasgood said:

 

 

Sometime when macOS is updated it can beak the ports limit patch, and RehabMan mentioned " The port limit patch should not be used as a permanent solution. There is now clear evidence that using it causes other data beyond what is evidently a fixed size array to be clobbered. The result is strange behavior by the USB drivers when the port limit is exceeded." Pointer >> USB ports limit etc..

  

RECOMMENDED WIFI CARD → ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS  

 

:)

 

 

Thank you so much, I will get my SSDT at a later point because I'm on mission critical using that hackintosh (it's stable enough.) I've had other builds that eject USB randomly when the max ports are reached.

I've just ordered one of the BCM943602CS card for cheap like $20 including the PCIExpress X1 adapter. 

ULB8IhGHKRahduJk43Jaq6zM8FXaG.jpg

 

UPDATED: 
I've removed some ports in my SSDT. Here is my Board Layout with USB ports mapped

 

1643816610_Screenshot2019-04-22at07_26_46.png.c4ddc378668df1611f491bfd8c7ba486.png.4b37585d15f842fd90e96bc824295f30.png

 

The included SSDT completely disabled 5+6 ports. 

 

 

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Edited by larabee
add SSDT
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, larabee said:

 

UPDATED: 
I've removed some ports in my SSDT. Here is my Board Layout with USB ports mapped

 

1643816610_Screenshot2019-04-22at07_26_46.png.c4ddc378668df1611f491bfd8c7ba486.png.4b37585d15f842fd90e96bc824295f30.png

 

The included SSDT completely disabled 5+6 ports. 

 

 

SSDT-UIAC.aml

 

 

Above will be handy for other users who have Z390 Gaming X :thumbsup_anim: thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, glasgood said:

 

tbh i'm not sure as I don't have the  i7 9700K, I tried a quick test and changed to iMac 19,1 SMBIOS but on boot got an unsupported macOS error, use previous EFI from guide and you can easily provide the missing CPU info. See "About My Mac" in my other guide on how to do this: 

 

 

 

 

 

I have been attempting to change this for my i7 9700k, as well, to 19,1 iMac without much luck.  The unsupported macOS error.  I am a little confused what was meant by use previous EFI in your post.  Was that to get past the "unsupported" boot error or was that only to edit the About My Mac section?  (The AMM guide worked great. :))   I have searched for a solution, and nothing online has been successful for me so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hifi33 said:

I have been attempting to change this for my i7 9700k, as well, to 19,1 iMac without much luck.  The unsupported macOS error.  I am a little confused what was meant by use previous EFI in your post.  Was that to get past the "unsupported" boot error or was that only to edit the About My Mac section?  (The AMM guide worked great. :))   I have searched for a solution, and nothing online has been successful for me so far.

 

Hi Hifi33

 

As far as I am aware, new iMac 19,1 SMBIOS requires a special build of macOS Mojave, hence the unsupported macOS error when using SMBIOS 19,1.  In meantime, change "Unknown CPU in About My Mac " see my previous guide link below:

 

Update

 

SMBIOS support for 19,1 in Mojave 10.14.5 beta.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by glasgood
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, glasgood said:

Possibly going to be supported in Mojave 10.14.5

 

 

 

 

I've tried the beta build and go through without any issue using iMac 19,1 SMBIOS, but things are a little unstable (not sure if it's because hackintosh or a beta build) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, larabee said:

 

I've tried the beta build and go through without any issue using iMac 19,1 SMBIOS, but things are a little unstable (not sure if it's because hackintosh or a beta build) 

 

Thanks, good to know. I expect that Clover, kext updates etc.. will smooth things out in 10.14.5 

 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, larabee said:

@glasgood 

I used the SMBios iMac 18.3 and whenever I export using Final Cut pro + H264 format, the hackintosh completely freezes.

Can you help me out? 

 

Please attach your EFI folder. I’m using SMBIOS for Mac Mini 2018 and FCP is working. 

 

I’m meantime, check BIOS settings are set for:

 

Chipset  Internal Graphics  Enabled

Peripherals  Initial Display Output  PCIe 1 Slot

Chipset  DVMT Pre-Allocated  64M ( try 128 ) 

 

 

 

 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, glasgood said:

 

Please attach your EFI folder. I’m using SMBIOS for Mac Mini 2018 and FCP is working. 

 

I’m meantime, check BIOS settings are set for:

 

Chipset  Internal Graphics  Enabled

 Peripherals  Initial Display Output  PCIe 1 Slot

Chipset  DVMT Pre-Allocated  64M ( try 128 ) 

 

 

 

 

Thanks a lot for your response. I used the same EFI as yours. It's working fine but whenever I export using H264 it freezes up. Exporting using Apple Pro Res is fine. 

Even  though other softwares report that Hardware Encoding is supported. 

 956345402_ScreenShot2019-04-30at10_37_20PM.png.99506d3f8850d3933f607372d43db596.png

637880445_ScreenShot2019-04-30at10_38_07PM.png.8cd878923f404ed1927b9b586f6277f3.png

 

Updated: 

I managed to get it to export H264 but it's still slower than a real mac by a large margin by  ticking Load VBios and Inject Intel then add 0x3E920003 to ig-platform-id in Graphics 

Then Adobe Media Encoder and FCPX starts using the iGPU to encode H264 

 

107639762_ScreenShot2019-04-30at10_33_38PM.png.8004c9ee861bc237fb1074b5d1b11a9d.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, larabee said:

 

 956345402_ScreenShot2019-04-30at10_37_20PM.png.99506d3f8850d3933f607372d43db596.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just wondering why you'r macx-video reports 27" (iMac Mid 2017) with an image of a Mac Mini. I ran macx-video on my hack and Hardware Info is normal. 

 

207649688_Screenshot2019-05-01at10_50_15.thumb.png.2ceb8d50ec9924c51461071e8145c51a.png

 

 

 

 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glasgood, have you kept EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi off your system? I removed it to try and clear up the memory allocation error on reboot and today iMessages suddenly stopped working, so I put it back. Just a heads up in case anybody else runs into the same issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ppohio said:

Glasgood, have you kept EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi off your system? I removed it to try and clear up the memory allocation error on reboot and today iMessages suddenly stopped working, so I put it back. Just a heads up in case anybody else runs into the same issue. 

 

Hello,

 

EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi is only needed to activate iMessage's, once you have iMessage's working you can delete EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. If you persist with EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi after you have activated iMessage's you will have intermittent memory allocation errors. 

 

Just to be clear on this

 

Step 1

 

Place EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi inside EFI /Clover /Drivers shutdown and restart machine. 

 

Step 2

 

Then login to iMessage's, Facetime, icloud and then mount EFI partition and delete 

EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi. 

 

Step 3

 

Then shutdown and restart machine

 

Step 4 

 

Test iMessage's, Facetime ( Will be working without EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi)

 

------------------------------------

 

Sometimes if you make changes to your hackintosh EFI folder, you may have to reactivate iMessage's. 

 

 

Best!

 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, glasgood said:

 

 

Just wondering why you'r macx-video reports 27" (iMac Mid 2017) with an image of a Mac Mini. I ran macx-video on my hack and Hardware Info is normal. 

  

 

 

I followed your guide and choose mac mini because it uses the coffee lake processor just like mine. Everything works fine but I have problem with H264 hardware encoding. 

I tried the iMac and it works. I think adding 0x3E920003 to ig-platform-id makes it works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you very much! I've followed your guide and everything is working like a charm!

 

This is my first desktop Hackintosh and with your guide it was pretty straightforward :)

 

My build:

- Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro

- Intel i5-8400 (leaving space for future upgrades)

- 2x Crucial Ballistic Sport Lt 8GB

- Kingston A400 SSD Sata3 (Hackintosh)

- Adata XPG Gammix S10 M.2 PCIe SSD. (Windows 10)

- Thermaltake Tt V200 and Thermaltake Smart RGB 600w PSU

- TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9e Wi-Fi

- Using iGPU because I'm still waiting for the GPU to arrive (Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB)

 

One comment: The XPG Gammix S10 M.2 PCIe SSD DIDN'T WORK OK for MacOS. After installation (that took a while) my mouse was laggy every time I copied a file. Did a Benchmark with Blackmagic and found that the SSD was running as low as 40 MB/s for reading...

Tested with another partition in Windows and was working correctly (like 1500MB/s), so I changed the Mac installation to the SATA drive and the Windows to the M.2.

Second comment: I've tested FHD video editing with integrated graphics and was pretty surprised how well it did to manage everything.

 

Big thanks from Argentina!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfortuna said:

Thank you very much! I've followed your guide and everything is working like a charm!

 

This is my first desktop Hackintosh and with your guide it was pretty straightforward :)

 

My build:

- Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro

- Intel i5-8400 (leaving space for future upgrades)

- 2x Crucial Ballistic Sport Lt 8GB

- Kingston A400 SSD Sata3 (Hackintosh)

- Adata XPG Gammix S10 M.2 PCIe SSD. (Windows 10)

- Thermaltake Tt V200 and Thermaltake Smart RGB 600w PSU

- TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9e Wi-Fi

- Using iGPU because I'm still waiting for the GPU to arrive (Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB)

 

One comment: The XPG Gammix S10 M.2 PCIe SSD DIDN'T WORK OK for MacOS. After installation (that took a while) my mouse was laggy every time I copied a file. Did a Benchmark with Blackmagic and found that the SSD was running as low as 40 MB/s for reading...

Tested with another partition in Windows and was working correctly (like 1500MB/s), so I changed the Mac installation to the SATA drive and the Windows to the M.2.

Second comment: I've tested FHD video editing with integrated graphics and was pretty surprised how well it did to manage everything.

 

Big thanks from Argentina!

 

Thanks for taking the time to share your progress, I really appreciate that. I'm happy your first desktop hackintosh build has been pretty straightforward.

 

 :thumbsup_anim:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey man,

 

I have a problem with my USB ports when booting into macOS with the internal SSD. Both my mouse and keyboard aren't being picked up, but when booting through the USB installer it's completely fine. Have any suggestions? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, yegtrash said:

Hey man,

 

I have a problem with my USB ports when booting into macOS with the internal SSD. Both my mouse and keyboard aren't being picked up, but when booting through the USB installer it's completely fine. Have any suggestions? Thanks.

 

Do you have Aorus Z390 Pro motherboard?  I suspect not.  My SSDT mapping for Aorus Z390 has disabled those USB ports on your motherboard. Remove SSDT from Clover / ACPI / Patched.

 

PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI ( USB Installer )  has no SSDT for USB ports fix. Thats why you have working USB ports via ports limit patch & USBInjectAll.kext using USB installer. 

 

POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI, it has SSDT for USB ports fix. 

 

Hence why I suspect you have a different motherboard.  Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover / ACPI / PAtched and follow guide below for USB ports fix.

 

 

 

 

524277149_Screenshot2019-05-05at11_11_11.thumb.png.93ead065846a0ad1bff6847b6b077d96.png

 

 

 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, glasgood said:

 

Do you have Aorus Z390 Pro motherboard?  I suspect not.  My SSDT mapping for Aorus Z390 has disabled those USB ports on your motherboard. Remove SSDT from Clover / ACPI / Patched.

 

PRE-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI ( USB Installer )  has no SSDT for USB ports fix. Thats why you have working USB ports via ports limit patch & USBInjectAll.kext using USB installer. 

 

POST-INSTALL Aorus Pro Z390 EFI, it has SSDT for USB ports fix. 

 

Hence why I suspect you have a different motherboard.  Delete SSDT-UIAC.aml from Clover / ACPI / PAtched and follow guide below for USB ports fix.

 

 

 

 

524277149_Screenshot2019-05-05at11_11_11.thumb.png.93ead065846a0ad1bff6847b6b077d96.png

 

 

 

I do indeed have the exact motherboard you have, Z390 Aorus Pro. I did my own custom USB map but for some reason, it just disables all of the USB ports when I boot directly from my SSD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, yegtrash said:

I do indeed have the exact motherboard you have, Z390 Aorus Pro. I did my own custom USB map but for some reason, it just disables all of the USB ports when I boot directly from my SSD.

 

I have other SSDT's with different port mappings attached at bottom of guide. Give them a try. 

Edited by glasgood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2019 at 1:12 AM, mfortuna said:

- Using iGPU because I'm still waiting for the GPU to arrive (Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 SE) 

 

Finally arrived!

 

I've found a brand new Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 SE cheaper than the 580 and plugged it in:

 

I've had an issue with my monitor...It's a quite old LED monitor with only VGA connector. Previously I was using a passive adapter to HDMI. When I connected this to the Sapphire GPU it just restarted my PC, both in hackintosh or windows. After that I attached my livingroom TV that has hdmi inputs and it worked normally. 

 

Do you know if there's an adapter that may work?

 

Since it is an RX 590 should I use your same clover made for RX 580?

 

Thank you very much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, mfortuna said:

 

Finally arrived!

 

I've found a brand new Sapphire Nitro+ RX590 SE cheaper than the 580 and plugged it in:

 

I've had an issue with my monitor...It's a quite old LED monitor with only VGA connector. Previously I was using a passive adapter to HDMI. When I connected this to the Sapphire GPU it just restarted my PC, both in hackintosh or windows. After that I attached my livingroom TV that has hdmi inputs and it worked normally. 

 

Do you know if there's an adapter that may work?

 

Since it is an RX 590 should I use your same clover made for RX 580?

 

Thank you very much!

 

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t have recommendations for adapters. Clover folder should be good for RX590.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Allan locked this topic
  • Allan unlocked this topic
×
×
  • Create New...