Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

Many thanks for sharing this guide. Everithing work perfectly for me with almost the same config.

My only problem (but not sure it is) is that when I click on Hardware info, I have the following

Mac mini (2018)

Processor 3,6 GhZ Unknown

My processor is an i7 9700K.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Again thx for this amzing tutorial 

Herve

22 minutes ago, herve008 said:

Many thanks for sharing this guide. Everithing work perfectly for me with almost the same config.

My only problem (but not sure it is) is that when I click on Hardware info, I have the following

Mac mini (2018)

Processor 3,6 GhZ Unknown

My processor is an i7 9700K.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Again thx for this amzing tutorial 

Herve

You can sort that by using SMBIOS for iMac19,1 you will find the latest SMBIOS in Clover Configurator version 5.4.2.1

iMAC19-1.thumb.png.09b02709a5205a43818225779f4e8ae1.png

927597342_Screenshot2019-04-10at08_41_24.thumb.png.2225fa8bb17cb71f61c84ed339d3a1da.png

34 minutes ago, herve008 said:

I have tried and then reboot but system crash and doesn't want to bood anymore.

I restore my EFI with your file..

What I did wrong ?

Thx

tbh i'm not sure as I don't have the  i7 9700K, I tried a quick test and changed to iMac 19,1 SMBIOS but on boot got an unsupported macOS error, use previous EFI from guide and you can easily provide the missing CPU info. See "About My Mac" in my other guide on how to do this: 

Edited by glasgood

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

tbh i'm not sure as I don't have the  i7 9700K, I tried a quick test and changed to iMac 19,1 SMBIOS but on boot got an unsupported macOS error, use previous EFI from guide and you can easily provide the missing CPU info. See "About My Mac" in my other guide on how to do this: 

Great tip, It's now working.

Many thanks !!

Thank you very much for this guide. Without knowing about your guide I bought the same motherboard and similar other hardware. I was expecting to have to do a few days of trial and error. Instead I found this awesome guide where most of the research has already been done. I love how your guide is so detailed and that you bundled up the necessary files for us. Thanks, very much appreciated!

• Like 1

Hello

I discovered an issue when Hackintosh go in sleep mode. Everithing is OK, but impossible to reactivate by using mouse or Keyboard, I have to press the On/Off button and then it wake up, but afterwards I have issue with the wifi which is very slow / doesn't work properly.

Any idea ?

Thx 

28 minutes ago, herve008 said:

Hello

I discovered an issue when Hackintosh go in sleep mode. Everithing is OK, but impossible to reactivate by using mouse or Keyboard, I have to press the On/Off button and then it wake up, but afterwards I have issue with the wifi which is very slow / doesn't work properly.

Any idea ?

Thx 

Check BIOS for Z390 Aorus Pro is version F5 and use DSDT-F5-2ndApril.zip if BIOS version is later than F5 then ask @MaLd0n for DSDT for your BIOS version.

22 minutes ago, herve008 said:

My Bios is F8

Extract your DSDT files ( for patching ), press F4 at Clover boot menu. You will then find the extracted DSDT files inside Clover / ACPI / origin folder . Ask MaLd0n if he already has a DSDT for Aorus Pro Z390 with BIOS version F8.

Edited by glasgood

Followed the guide with very similar hardware, and it works just as I had hoped.  I am having a sleep issue though unfortunately.  (My firmware is v9 for the Z390 AORUS pro)  I am wondering why the wake up occurs seconds after going to sleep.  My suspicion is that it might be the USB connection of the h100i pro rgb that is cooling my 9700k keeping the computer awake.  Perhaps I have my h100i USB wired to the wrong USB motherboard port or maybe the h100i aio be set to pwm in the bios instead of auto.  I didn’t switch mine as stated in the guide as it wasn’t exactly the same model as in this build.  Everything else works a treat though, thank you for the guide!

3 hours ago, Hifi33 said:

Followed the guide with very similar hardware, and it works just as I had hoped.  I am having a sleep issue though unfortunately.  (My firmware is v9 for the Z390 AORUS pro)  I am wondering why the wake up occurs seconds after going to sleep.  My suspicion is that it might be the USB connection of the h100i pro rgb that is cooling my 9700k keeping the computer awake.  Perhaps I have my h100i USB wired to the wrong USB motherboard port or maybe the h100i aio be set to pwm in the bios instead of auto.  I didn’t switch mine as stated in the guide as it wasn’t exactly the same model as in this build.  Everything else works a treat though, thank you for the guide!

Hi, sorted this yesterday by using Rehabman's SSDT-GPRW, find and replace hotpatch to avoid instant wake. Works by replacing _PRW method for all devices in ACPI. It is now implemented in the latest >> Aorus Pro Z390 EFI with NO DSDT New.zip . (resume from sleep by pressing the power button. ) 

Go with PWM in BIOS for h100i, and attach h100i USB header to F_USB1 (HS11)

479495999_Screenshot2019-04-17at21_22_41.png.cf3a7593f55f3661ecda3bba6295fd9f.png

Rehabman's hot-patching fix below for instant wake, as I already mentioned it is already implemented in Aorus Pro Z390 EFI.

GPRWtoXPRW-Hot-patching.thumb.png.cbc8ca9c4117787794e0c899f3f5f93a.png

2013869044_Screenshot2019-04-17at21_15_21.png.0321989549ac7d0b1e082658344f5df2.png

Edited by glasgood
  • Like 2

My issue has been fixed, sleep without an instant wake.  Many thanks for the help resolving this to glasgood and MaLd0n.  

Originally, I was a bit concerned if everything would work out, selling my old cMP, buying parts, building my first pc, and installing the OS, but I jumped in with both feet and glad I did!  My hat's off to you. 

Once my PCIe wifi/bluetooth adapter arrives this build will be complete. :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hifi33 said:

My issue has been fixed, sleep without an instant wake.  Many thanks for the help resolving this to glasgood and MaLd0n.  

Originally, I was a bit concerned if everything would work out, selling my old cMP, buying parts, building my first pc, and installing the OS, but I jumped in with both feet and glad I did!  My hat's off to you. 

Once my PCIe wifi/bluetooth adapter arrives this build will be complete. :) 

Just updated Aorus Z390 EFI no DSDT guide with Framebuffer patch. So working HDMI port and HDMI audio. 

• Like 1

Hey! I am using pretty much the same hardware, and my system is running well except for a few nagging issues (hanging on reboot, color static when bringing my main display back from sleep).

I was looking over your config.plist and was hoping you could explain why you fill out all the information in the DEVICES->Arbitrary section. I haven't seen that before and was curious what it does/ if it is necessary. And if I have the same motherboard, can I populate the same values? 

Thanks for all the thorough work on the guide, these are so useful for not only getting systems up and running but actually understanding how things work underneath the hood. 

15 hours ago, ppohio said:

I was looking over your config.plist and was hoping you could explain why you fill out all the information in the DEVICES->Arbitrary section. I haven't seen that before and was curious what it does/ if it is necessary. And if I have the same motherboard, can I populate the same values? 

If you have same motherboard you should be able to use most of the values, see updated guide for more information.

OPTIONAL: System Information - PCI

Best!

Edited by glasgood
Reply formatted and placed in guide.
  • Like 1

Final part arrived for my build.  Received the Broadcom BCM94360CD wifi/bluetooth (4 antennae version) and installed the card on PCIEX1_3 and wired to the Front panel USB header F_USB2 on the Z390 Aorus Pro board, and so far, so good with bluetooth on this setup.  Handoff, Airdrop, Personal Hotspot is all connecting.  Very painless.  Paired a genuine wireless keyboard easily.  Adjusted the System Information - PCI and this card is displayed properly in system information.  Sleep working.  :)

One little issue regarding Wifi where although the connection *I think* is pretty solid, (Wireless 802.11ac the Tx rate is around 468mbps, rssi: -61dBm noise: -78 dBm,  mcs: 5  two rooms over.) the traffic slows to a crawl on my gigabit internet connection.  While still showing full bars on the wifi icon.  Not a huge deal as I will likely be on wired ethernet once I move my setup back into the office.  

17 minutes ago, Hifi33 said:

Final part arrived for my build.  Received the Broadcom BCM94360CD wifi/bluetooth (4 antennae version) and installed the card on PCIEX1_3 and wired to the Front panel USB header F_USB2 on the Z390 Aorus Pro board, and so far, so good with bluetooth on this setup.  Handoff, Airdrop, Personal Hotspot is all connecting.  Very painless.  Paired a genuine wireless keyboard easily.  Adjusted the System Information - PCI and this card is displayed properly in system information.  Sleep working.  :)

One little issue regarding Wifi where although the connection *I think* is pretty solid, (Wireless 802.11ac the Tx rate is around 468mbps, rssi: -61dBm noise: -78 dBm,  mcs: 5  two rooms over.) the traffic slows to a crawl on my gigabit internet connection.  While still showing full bars on the wifi icon.  Not a huge deal as I will likely be on wired ethernet once I move my setup back into the office.  

Try temporary removing the network entries from System Information PCI and see if it persist, Good to know everything else is satisfactory! Will look into this soon.

:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glasgood said:

Try temporary removing the network entries from System Information PCI and see if it persist, Good to know everything else is satisfactory! Will look into this soon.

:)

Thanks, that works a lot better!  My speedtest went from 3-5mbps up and down to 130mbps down/180mbps up on 5Ghz.  

No longer applicable, fixed itself..(*Just noticed in the sys info pane under Network : Wifi : interfaces, the country code shows X0.  Not sure if that effects anything, but I think it should be CA for my locale.*)

Edited by Hifi33
X0 changed back to CA when I logged back in, no issue there.

1 hour ago, Hifi33 said:

Thanks, that works a lot better!  My speedtest went from 3-5mbps up and down to 130mbps down/180mbps up on 5Ghz.  

No longer applicable, fixed itself..(*Just noticed in the sys info pane under Network : Wifi : interfaces, the country code shows X0.  Not sure if that effects anything, but I think it should be CA for my locale.*)

I looked at my System Infomation Wifi and my Country Code is shown as DE, but this is supposedly normal and is assigned by Router ( AFAIK )  the DE ( Germany location ) is associated with EU regulation. 

821540762_Screenshot2019-04-21at16_34_13.png.93acd9033d0209f9403f77546933253a.png

I did run the Apple Wireless Diagnostics, holding option key down and clicking on WiFi signal. 

822290459_Screenshot2019-04-21at16_15_52.png.b50a78df3025d9c40ce13056b352470e.png

1610309922_Screenshot2019-04-21at16_18_11.png.9ca8ecf5aa3679d394d8246fa5433afc.png

1474221921_Screenshot2019-04-21at17_09_23.thumb.png.9f5b5de5cceeb2792f090ea426de4d8b.png

To view log's:

open . /var/tmp/

No report for "Conflicting Country Codes" . Saul goodman :)

Glad you are sorted, thanks for the update :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by glasgood

4 hours ago, Hifi33 said:

Hi, 

I got two hard drives for my machine, one  for testing. I noticed that Country Code was set US on the test drive, as far as I was aware it should be GB or DE.  As far as I know, AirportBrcmFixup.kext for my Wi-Fi card defaults to US, so I found the way to change country code. I updated guide with instructions on this. 

OPTIONAL: Set Wi-Fi Country Code

Amazing guide. Thank you so much for this fool-proof guide. 

After getting a real Mac (iMac 2017) to use for a while, I finally want to get back to Hackintosh world and here it is. perfectly working Hackintosh with full hardware acceleration and everything works as it should. 

My Config: 

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X 

Intel Core i7 8700K 

Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 

NVMe SSDs 

I've used the VGTab to adjust the fan curve and voltage of the Vega 56 (the kext is attached in this post) then use clover to include the soft power table to the config.plist. My Max voltage is set at 1050mv (under voting by 150mv from default) 

Ran Unigine for 4 hours and the max temperature is at my target 73C. The fan is barely audible at under 2000 rpm. I have a bit of coil whine but I handled it by placing some cork board between me and my case. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.30.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.21.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 10.34.44 AM.png

VegaTab_56.kext.zip

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, larabee said:

Amazing guide. Thank you so much for this fool-proof guide. 

After getting a real Mac (iMac 2017) to use for a while, I finally want to get back to Hackintosh world and here it is. perfectly working Hackintosh with full hardware acceleration and everything works as it should. 

My Config: 

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X 

Intel Core i7 8700K 

Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 

NVMe SSDs 

I've used the VGTab to adjust the fan curve and voltage of the Vega 56 (the kext is attached in this post) then use clover to include the soft power table to the config.plist. My Max voltage is set at 1050mv (under voting by 150mv from default) 

Ran Unigine for 4 hours and the max temperature is at my target 73C. The fan is barely audible at under 2000 rpm. I have a bit of coil whine but I handled it by placing some cork board between me and my case. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.30.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.21.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 10.34.44 AM.png

VegaTab_56.kext.zip

Nice Hack, very good benchmarks! did you use my EFI for your Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X  ?

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

Nice Hack, very good benchmarks! did you use my EFI for your Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X  ?

I used your pre-installation EFI as both my Pre and Post installation. I don't need to do anything with SSDT for my USB to work because my board is within the USB limit of Mac OS. Besides, the USB patch from config.plist already unlocked the USB 3 ports. Everything went as smoothly as it should on a real Mac. 

I'm still tweaking the voltage of my Vega 56 to make it runs a bit cooler.