Glasgood's macOS Mojave [SUCCESS][GUIDE] for Aorus Z390 Pro

glasgood
1,582 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, cla974 said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to Mac OS. first of all congratulations for this comprehensive guide. I come to the point: I followed this guide step by step, but without the desired result. I can't even install mac os. everything crashes as soon as the white apple appears ...... I'm sure I created the bootable usb well with mojave v.10.14.4 (from mojave 10.14.2 on vmware) .... I kindly ask for your help

hardware:
gigabyte aorus z390 pro wifi
intel core i7 8700k
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8gb
16gb corsair vengance lpx (2x8)
SSD Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 500 GB (windows 10 pro)
ssd samsung 840 pro 120gb (for mac os)

I started also in verbose mode, I attach photos, if you need anything else, tell me. I repeat, I don't know mac os, please help me ..... maybe even with simple explanations .....
Thanks in advance

IMAG0020.jpg

Hi, 

Lots of ACPI errors,  check BIOS settings correct and BIOS version is F5. Remove DSDT from CLOVER /  ACPI / PATCHED.  Also temporarily disconnect your 970 Evo Plus and ensure that you have corsair memory installed in slots DDR4_A1 and DDR4_B1 . Then start boot from Mojave USB installer, ensure that installer is connected to the USB 2 ports.  When you have successfully installed macOS Mojave then reconnect your 970 Evo Plus. 

There seems to be some issues with Samsung 970 Evo Plus causing kernel panics when used with a hackintosh computer. 

Edited by glasgood

Hello and thanks for the reply. the bios is set as recommended in the guide, but it is the f8 version, I don't know if I can install previous versions. I used usb2. the ram is installed in a2_b2 otherwise it touches with heat sink .... tomorrow I remove ssd m2 and Remove DSDT (how can I do?) and I try to install again and let me know ....... thank you

forgive the capital, it was not wanted ......

3 minutes ago, cla974 said:

Hello and thanks for the reply. the bios is set as recommended in the guide, but it is the f8 version, I don't know if I can install previous versions. I used usb2. the ram is installed in a2_b2 otherwise it touches with heat sink .... tomorrow I remove ssd m2 and Remove DSDT (how can I do?) and I try to install again and let me know ....... thank you

You will have to mount the EFI partition as explained in the guide, then delete DSDT from CLOVER / ACPI / PATCHED. Then install macOS Mojave. 

hi everyone, then I removed sam 970 evo plus, I installed the ram in a1 b1 reset the bios as in the guide with the addition of the profile 1 in the ram frequency (3000) removed the DSDT, and since I had removed the video card, I didn't put it back. I try to install it with integrated graphics and it locks up again

IMAG0021.jpg

6 minutes ago, cla974 said:

hi everyone, then I removed sam 970 evo plus, I installed the ram in a1 b1 reset the bios as in the guide with the addition of the profile 1 in the ram frequency (3000) removed the DSDT, and since I had removed the video card, I didn't put it back. I try to install it with integrated graphics and it locks up again

Insert video card back and follow guide.

14 minutes ago, cla974 said:

I mounted the video card and it still blocks the installation, I attach image I don't know what to think anymore I try to download the operating system again and redo the bootable stick......

Reset BIOS to default settings, then enter BIOS settings in guide, look at images inside spoiler. 

18 hours ago, glasgood said:

Reset BIOS to default settings, then enter BIOS settings in guide, look at images inside spoiler. 

done, always hangs, always the same thing. for 2 or 3 days I won't have time x the pc ..... then we'll try again and I'll let you know ..... thanks a lot

3 hours ago, cla974 said:

done, always hangs, always the same thing. for 2 or 3 days I won't have time x the pc ..... then we'll try again and I'll let you know ..... thanks a lot

Hi,

I have configured and tested a Pre-install EFI folder for macOS Mojave 10.14.4  >>PRE - INSTALL - Aorus Z390 Pro EFI .zip .  Ensure  BIOS Chipset --> Above 4G Decoding is Disabled. I discovered that 4G Decoding Enabled can cause problems during installation if you don't have DSDT.   You should now be able to install macOS Mojave 10.14.4 without any problems. Once you have installed macOS Mojave 10.14.4, then use the (Aorus Z390 Pro EFI - NO DSDT) EFI folder and copy it to your system drive EFI partition.   

2000629549_10-Chipset-VT-d.thumb.jpg.d42fd622d17751399a826316bd51c5e6.jpg

12 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

This is Amazing, @glasgood! Great Guide as usual!

Howdy :) 

Just updating guide with a pre install EFI folder. I noticed that when BIOS Above 4G Decoding is Enabled it causes bad problem with last 2 mins of Mojave install and other problems with shutdown and kernel panics.  But with 4G Decoding Disabled then everything is good.

But when using DSDT with BIOS Above 4G Decoding Enabled there is no problem, everything good. 

• Like 2

Hiya,

I have two issue and was wondering if you knew how to fix them.

Problem 1 - When my hack goes to sleep my webcam turns off and wont turn back on unless I quit and re-open FaceTime. 

Problem 2 - When my hack wakes my on-board audio doesn't work, I am mainly worried about my mic input.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Send me Camerons-iMac.zip

Edited by Cameron Nicholson

2 hours ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Hiya,

Problem 1 - When my hack goes to sleep my webcam turns off and wont turn back on unless I quit and re-open FaceTime. 

Problem 2 - When my hack wakes my on-board audio doesn't work, I am mainly worried about my mic input.

Set "Reset HDA" option in clover config to true, and see if resolves issue. Will have a look at this sometime later. 

8 hours ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Hiya,

Cameron, if you are using BIOS version F5. Change BIOS settings to match guide. Then replace patched folder in ACPI in Cover with patched.zip . I tested this and sleep and sound is playing upon wake.

I made edit below to DSDT.

318847581_Screenshot2019-04-02at11_41_31.png.c50d0dd00e81a07e38c66ced9269e429.png

14 hours ago, glasgood said:

Cameron, if you are using BIOS version F5. Change BIOS settings to match guide. Then replace patched folder in ACPI in Cover with patched.zip . I tested this and sleep and sound is playing upon wake.

I made edit below to DSDT.

318847581_Screenshot2019-04-02at11_41_31.png.c50d0dd00e81a07e38c66ced9269e429.png

Hiya,

Thanks for that. However both issues still persist. I also do have ResetHDA in clover.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Hiya,

Thanks for that. However both issues still persist. I also do have ResetHDA in clover.

Thanks

I had a look through your Clover folder from the Send me Camerons-iMac.zip you sent. Noticed you had extra ( unneeded ) 11 x SSDT in your ACPI folder, you only need DSDT, SSDT-UIAC, and SSDT-USBX. Also you had some boot args missing, I replaced AptioMemoryFix with OSXAptioFix2Drv-free2000 . Attached below, is my Clover folder. Replace your existing Clover folder with that. And you should be sorted.

CLOVER.zip

Edited by glasgood

5 hours ago, glasgood said:

I had a look through your Clover folder from the Send me Camerons-iMac.zip you sent. Noticed you had extra ( unneeded ) 11 x SSDT in your ACPI folder, you only need DSDT, SSDT-UIAC, and SSDT-USBX. Also you had some boot args missing, I replaced AptioMemoryFix with OSXAptioFix2Drv-free2000 . Attached below, is my Clover folder. Replace your existing Clover folder with that. And you should be sorted.

CLOVER.zip

Thank you,

My clover did not have all the SSDT's in it for some reason that RunMe.app put them there.

You're clover fixed the audio issues but not the webcam. 

I forgot to edit my RT Variables and SMBios in your config, now I don't have iMessage or FaceTime. Guess the waiting game starts for my Authentication Token to reset :(

2 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Thank you,

My clover did not have all the SSDT's in it for some reason that RunMe.app put them there.

You're clover fixed the audio issues but not the webcam. 

I forgot to edit my RT Variables and SMBios in your config, now I don't have iMessage or FaceTime. Guess the waiting game starts for my Authentication Token to reset :(

Don't think you need to wait for authentication token, download and paste  EmuVariableUefi-64.efi  into drivers64UEFI and next configure config.plist for iMessages. Then shut down computer, restart and then log into iMessages and then after successful iMessages / FaceTime login, then delete EmuVariableUefi-64.efi 

What happens if you unplug / replug webcam, does webcam then work ?  kinda difficult getting the 100% perfect hack :) 

1 hour ago, glasgood said:

Don't think you need to wait for authentication token, download and paste  EmuVariableUefi-64.efi  into drivers64UEFI and next configure config.plist for iMessages. Then shut down computer, restart and then log into iMessages and then after successful iMessages / FaceTime login, then delete EmuVariableUefi-64.efi 

What happens if you unplug / replug webcam, does webcam then work ?  kinda difficult getting the 100% perfect hack :) 

Hiya,

So right now I have my original drivers folder and config, which has given me working audio after sleep and my iMessage and FaceTime back. I suspect it is because of the lack of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in your clover. However I am not sure why audio has started working after sleep, sometimes it doesn't, I'll play with your files if it persists. 

Unplugging and plugging in my webcam brings back up the frozen webcam image.

The only solution I have come up with is to download a power manger app that runs the following script after wake

#!/bin/bash
osascript -e 'tell app "/Applications/FaceTime.app" to quit'
open -a "/Applications/FaceTime.app"/
exit 0;

43 minutes ago, Cameron Nicholson said:

Hiya,

So right now I have my original drivers folder and config, which has given me working audio after sleep and my iMessage and FaceTime back. I suspect it is because of the lack ofÂAptioMemoryFix-64.efi  in your clover. However I am not sure why audio has started working after sleep, sometimes it doesn't, I'll play with your files if it persists. 

Unplugging and plugging in my webcam brings back up the frozen webcam image.

The only solution I have come up with is to download a power manger app that runs the following script after wake

The audio, on awake from sleep stared working after the last remaining  _PWR method was removed from original DSDT.   

Edited by glasgood

hi everyone, today I tried to finish the guide, and I have another problem ....... I installed clover and replaced the efi folder as in the guide, and the pc hangs during shutdown ..... I attach photo. with the usb boot no problem ...... where am I wrong?

IMAG0026.jpg