AMD Radeon Vii in macOS Mojave 10.14.4 beta

Gigamaxx

242 posts in this topic

Great dev work on the VII!

Can this card do 10-bit output in macOS? I know the VEGA64 could if you forced it with ResXtreme, but is this still the case, or does the  VII natively support 10-bit screens and software?

I found this in relation, but it's for Windows:

Screenshot_20190212-121112.thumb.png.c77

1 hour ago, DSM2 said:

What should I say... VII works perfect ;) 

1316751598_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-08um19_32_52.thumb.png.a9adc3c2ab56186c518b64fa9aecc6bd.png

can you share yous efi folder , please ?... my  tests not show vega20 ... graphics N/A .... i dont know why ... so please help me with your efi folder ... thank you 

Sorry but I don't share any personal EFI-Folders, it would not help you in any kind.

N/A because VideoProC search for "AMD" in the name, if not available it will show N/A but it doesn't change anything.

The important part is the status if green everything is good :)

48 minutes ago, DSM2 said:

Sorry but I don't share any personal EFI-Folders, it would not help you in any kind.

N/A because VideoProC search for "AMD" in the name, if not available it will show N/A but it doesn't change anything.

The important part is the status if green everything is good :)

thank you ... you are very daring and direct ... I wonder what you are looking for here if you do not want to
 share the knowledge with others with others? how many times you've contacted the forum, answered in the same way ? ...

Edited by corint1

20 hours ago, DSM2 said:

What should I say... VII works perfect ;) 

612126830_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-08um19_39_53.png.a9740cf2c3fd44d3018858adb37eeb6a.png

1316751598_Bildschirmfoto2019-04-08um19_32_52.thumb.png.a9adc3c2ab56186c518b64fa9aecc6bd.png

So it gains H.264 hardware decoding in 10.14.15 beta2 ?  what mainboard  you test VII on ? I tested in 10.14.15beta1, vii has no H264 hardware accelation on X299 mainboard. Late I migh upgrade to 10.14.5 beta2 to see any difference. Why your VII shows up AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII ? 

12 minutes ago, bundog said:

So it gains H.264 hardware decoding in 10.14.15 beta2 ?  what mainboard  you test VII on ? I tested in 10.14.15beta1, vii has no H264 hardware accelation on X299 mainboard. Late I migh upgrade to 10.14.5 beta2 to see any difference. Why your VII shows up AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII ? 

I test on a z370 mainboard with a 9900KF CPU (no igpu like the X series) and the differences I saw for myself ... the idea was just cosmetics ... I was just interested in implementing ssdt ... but if you do not want, there is no problem ... go in peace ...yes of course intrigued me "AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII"... why ? for the same reason why you opted to see this text ...
anyway , thank you ... 

16 minutes ago, corint1 said:

I test on a z370 mainboard with a 9900KF CPU (no igpu like the X series) and the differences I saw for myself ... the idea was just cosmetics ... I was just interested in implementing ssdt ... but if you do not want, there is no problem ... go in peace ...yes of course intrigued me "AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII"... why ? for the same reason why you opted to see this text ...
anyway , thank you ... 

Thanks for your quick reply! But still, Is the Vii native  supported in 10.14.15 beta2 or you have just modified any driver? as for the text name  "AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII" .... but how did you achieved it?

11 minutes ago, bundog said:

Thanks for your quick reply! But still, Is the Vii native  supported in 10.14.15 beta2 or you have just modified any driver? as for the text name  "AMD VEAG 20 RADEON VII" .... but how did you achieved it?

in beta 2 is native ... full acceleration, both h.264 + hvec ...  the text name  "AMD VEGA 20 RADEON VII" isnt my ... I want this text ... but someone is silent ... :)

run gfxutil -f GFX0    to get your pci port after add port in Clover / devices  ,  adjust values:  model , name   with anything starting with AMD  when done in hex / base64 use data when done in human readable use string save it , reboot  and enjoy your new name of your graphics card . (Lilu and WEG recommended for this to work ) or use another property injector like kext or dsdt.

Hello !

I just received my Radeon VII order after reading this tread. But I can't manage my mackintosh for booting on it.. I got only a Black Screen after clover, I have edited the AMDRadeon5000kext info.plist. But it's doesn't make change..

What I have missed ? Can you help me plz ?

(I'm on OS X 10.14.5 Beta 2)

Edited by Wozniak

29 minutes ago, Wozniak said:

Hello !

I just received my Radeon VII order after reading this tread. But I can't manage my mackintosh for booting on it.. I got only a Black Screen after clover, I have edited the AMDRadeon5000kext info.plist. But it's doesn't make change..

in beta 2 not need edit any files .... use whatevergreen.kext to enable all DP & hdmi

Edited by corint1

10 hours ago, Wozniak said:

Hello !

10 hours ago, corint1 said:

in beta 2 not need edit any files .... use whatevergreen.kext to enable all DP & hdmi

what I like about these people who from desperately forget to answer or say thank you ....

Edited by corint1

19 hours ago, corint1 said:

I tried without editing kext at the beginning just with Weg. I edited the kext only after, cause in all my tests the card always display a black screen after clover.. 

8 hours ago, corint1 said:

what I like about these people who from desperately forget to answer or say thank you ....

Really sorry, I just did not see your reply. beause I tried to reinstall fresh 10.14.4 -> 10.14.5 beta 2 for see if the Vega 7 is recognized. But again no succes.. Really don't know what I missed.. : /

23 minutes ago, Wozniak said:

I tried without editing kext at the beginning just with Weg. I edited the kext only after, cause in all my tests the card always display a black screen after clover.. 

Really sorry, I just did not see your reply. beause I tried to reinstall fresh 10.14.4 -> 10.14.5 beta 2 for see if the Vega 7 is recognized. But again no succes.. Really don't know what I missed.. : /

post your efi folder and your configuration...we dont know about what talking ... in beta 2 radeon 7 work oob ( out of box )...no need any edit or modification ... try DP the farthest away from hdmi ... this port is implicit ... 

IMG_2204.JPG.b121ccf3b6b2eb6e170e1ee8a0f5644c.JPG

Edited by corint1

2 minutes ago, corint1 said:

post your efi folder and your configuration...we dont know about what talking ... in beta 2 radeon 7 work oob ( out of box )...no need any edit or modification ... try DP the farthest away from hdmi ... this port is implicit ... 

Mmm... I think I did all my tests on the dp port at the right of the hdmi port.. (the first)

I will try again on other ports, and I come back.

(My config: z390 mb Asus , intel i9 9900k, Igpu intel 630.)

Just now, Wozniak said:

Mmm... I think I did all my tests on the dp port at the right of the hdmi port.. (the first)

I will try again on other ports, and I come back.

(My config: z390 mb Asus , intel i9 9900k, Igpu intel 630.)

in this configuration you should not have problems ... post your efi folder
there may be more reasons why you get a black screen ... and guessing is hard to find a solution

39 minutes ago, corint1 said:

in this configuration you should not have problems ... post your efi folder
there may be more reasons why you get a black screen ... and guessing is hard to find a solution

I just found the problem ! Clover was configured with ATI inject. I turn it off. If it can helps someone!

Thanks a lot anyway, I finally finished my Mackintosh !! :)

Capture d’écran 2019-04-12 à 12.10.11.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wozniak said:

I just found the problem ! Clover was configured with ATI inject. I turn it off. If it can helps someone!

Thanks a lot anyway, I finally finished my Mackintosh !! :)

Capture d’écran 2019-04-12 à 12.10.11.png

what did I say? ... but guess can not identify a problem ... well that you found the error ...

On 4/9/2019 at 3:41 PM, corint1 said:

thank you ... you are very daring and direct ... I wonder what you are looking for here if you do not want to
 share the knowledge with others with others? how many times you've contacted the forum, answered in the same way ? ...

Are you drunk? How often I contacted the forum? My online time around here is nearly zero and the most of my post where help posts for others. Don't know what you talking about. 

8 hours ago, gnarfy said:

thanks guys, I moved from Mojave to Beta and my radeon 7 is now fully accellerated ! awesome!

nice !!!  what was your previous graphic card ?

Do you really feel a huge difference in your workflow ?