[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2020 at 11:06 PM, arkieboy72472 said:

I have been having issues for some time.

Here are some links to pictures from my Hack:

https://imgur.com/qzvagLH

https://imgur.com/8SulMem

https://imgur.com/ufmolz6

My problem: I only get sound out of one speaker, not both.

Things I have tried:

• Swapping out speakers with known good ones.

• changing layout-id in dsdt to match one in config.plist

• Turning off internal speakers

• changing layout id to 11

• checked audio midi values

What I think may be the issue:

The speakers I am using are Bose companion 2 desktop. The line-out and internal speakers are mixed up. This desktop has a singular internal speaker. Currently the OS thinks the line out is internal and vice versa. It hasn't always been this way. I think an update or something may have broken it. I am unsure. I have no earthly idea how to fix this. I think it was OK in High Sierra but not in Mojave which may mean a driver issue.

My layout ID is 28. This uses the ALC 262 Audio codec. Has anyone else ever had and fixed this issue?

try to ask for help to macpeet. He was who helped me including the audio codec  (read below posts) I think you know it because I've seen your messages in that thread. Maybe you need update the AppleALC kext for mojave. Or some kind of specific patch and macpeet could help you.

On 4/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, felipousismix said:

Hello there: first of all thank you to all the people who made this guide possible. I followed it and I have a working Z820 in High Sierra running almost perfectly, the only thing I can't make work are the built-in USB3 ports. All the USB 2 ports work fine, as well the add on USB3 card I had on my Z800.

I have the proper Kexts in the 10.13 folder>>mXHCD.kext and USBInjectAll.kext but no luck. I removed the original patches from Clover as the guide stated, but no luck.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

No idea. To clarify, all patches and kexts are only related to native usb2 ports. Except mXHCD.kext for 3rd party usb3 ports . Are them working as usb2 ports? . If not, did you added the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.ssdt ? It's nedded to skpip 15-ports-limit problem (again , only for native usb2 ports, but maybe...)

edit---> After re-read my guide  :rolleyes: , I realize that dsdt patch  for usb names , involves usb3/2  ports (I didn't remember it)

-Open your DSDT, and apply the “rename USB devices”patch file. This patch rename native USB2 and USB3 to standard names. Compile and save it.

Edited by bilbo
  • Like 1

Hi, need some help. I had my z820 hackintoshed, using this guide. With a single processor everything run fine. Now ive added a 2nd cpu, same speed as the first one. And change the voodoo kext too. But it only pass the clover boot page. After that it keeps on restarting, never able to see the apple logo. Is there something i should adjust/change in the plist? In windows all is fine, it detect the dual processor. Thanks

hp z820    
2x e2650 

32 gb ram

rx580

smbios 6.1

catalina 10.15.4

5898FBEC-2F34-4B72-9FED-A1F4FA5B6960.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, bilbo said:

No idea. To clarify, all patches and kexts are only related to native usb2 ports. Except mXHCD.kext for 3rd party usb3 ports . Are them working as usb2 ports? . If not, did you added the SSDT-UIAC-ALL.ssdt ? It's nedded to skpip 15-ports-limit problem (again , only for native usb2 ports, but maybe...)

edit---> After re-read my guide  :rolleyes: , I realize that dsdt patch  for usb names , involves usb3/2  ports (I didn't remember it)

Hi Bilbo: I have applied the patch and all the USB internal ports are seen and work fine, only the USB3 doesn't work, so I added 2 boards for Apple computers and problem solved with a workaround.

Any Mojave guide soon?

Cheers, and stay safe!

Edited by felipousismix

Hi there: I am building another one for my son, but got KP right away, CPU related, Xeon E5-2667 v2 @ 3.3 GHz (MACH reboot).

I reviewed everything again but it still fails.

Added the DROP OEM in the config.plist

Patched the original DSDT

Using the SSDT-1, after modifying the original

Any help would be greatly welcome.

config.plist

DSDT.aml

SSDT-1.aml

On 4/18/2020 at 4:03 AM, Mamat said:

Hi, need some help. I had my z820 hackintoshed, using this guide. With a single processor everything run fine. Now ive added a 2nd cpu, same speed as the first one. And change the voodoo kext too. But it only pass the clover boot page. After that it keeps on restarting, never able to see the apple logo. Is there something i should adjust/change in the plist? In windows all is fine, it detect the dual processor. Thanks

Have you tried to boot from the usb installer?. Maybe you need reinstall.

21 hours ago, felipousismix said:

Hi there: I am building another one for my son, but got KP right away, CPU related, Xeon E5-2667 v2 @ 3.3 GHz (MACH reboot).

I reviewed everything again but it still fails.

Added the DROP OEM in the config.plist

Patched the original DSDT

Using the SSDT-1, after modifying the original

Any help would be greatly welcome.

config.plist

DSDT.aml

SSDT-1.aml

For your cpu model there is an specific topic in the guide.

Edited by bilbo

26 minutes ago, bilbo said:

Have you tried to boot from the usb installer?. Maybe you need reinstall.

For your cpu model there is an specific topic in the guide.

Hi Bilbo: yes I know, and I followed that but still no luck.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there! Yesterday i tried to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave. Everything went quiet ok and i got everything working except my new Radeon VII does not have Metal support. I tired everything in the config, switched from iMac to Mac Pro 5.1 but nothing changed. I also did a complete fresh install of Mojave, no success.

Just for fun i put the Vega VII in my old Mac Pro 3.1, fresh install and everything does work.

Does anyone have an idea what the trick could be?

Thanks

walter77_Z820_IOJones_Export.iojones.zip

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.40.23.png

Hi there! Yesterday i tried to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave. Everything went quiet ok and i got everything working except my new Radeon VII does not have Metal support. I tired everything in the config, switched from iMac to Mac Pro 5.1 but nothing changed. I also did a complete fresh install of Mojave, no success.

Just for fun i put the Vega VII in my old Mac Pro 3.1, fresh install and everything does work.

Thanks

Edited by walter77

18 minutes ago, walter77 said:

Thanks

walter77_Z820_IOJones_Export.iojones.zip

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 09.40.23.png

Thanks

Hello!

Try to update Lilu and WhateverGreen to the latest version and reboot.

Additionally: is the latest Mojave (10.14.6)? Looks like Radeon VII got the full support out-of-the-box from 10.14.5...

Let us know!

Edited by antonio.clb

6 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Hello!

Try to update Lilu and WhateverGreen to the latest version and reboot.

Additionally: is the latest Mojave (10.14.6)? Looks like Radeon VII got the full support out-of-the-box from 10.14.5...

Let us know!

I'm on the latest version, Lilu and WhateverGreen too. I just installed my old GTX 780 and everything works out of the box. But why does the Radeon VII has no Metal support?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 18.20.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 18.44.25.png

28 minutes ago, walter77 said:

I'm on the latest version, Lilu and WhateverGreen too. I just installed my old GTX 780 and everything works out of the box. But why does the Radeon VII has no Metal support?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 18.20.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-04 um 18.44.25.png

It should...

Maybe this thread could be useful:

3 hours ago, Rocky12 said:

@walter77 Can you please put some light on it what it could be

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 19.52.27.png

I think the slot info is just a cometic thing cause the NVIDIA card is running like it should.

All my NVIDA cards work out of the box but the AMD Cards do not. I just tested a AMD Vega 56 with 10.13.6 and it does not have any acceleration, the same in 10.14.6. The Vega 56 should work OOB, but it does not with my Clover settings. I did the complete guide step by step and everything works like it should with supported NVIDA cards but not with AMD cards. Does anyone have the Z820 running with a Radeon 56, 64 or the new VII?

Is there something in the config I have to change?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.58.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.57.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.57.04.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, walter77 said:

I think the slot info is just a cometic thing cause the NVIDIA card is running like it should.

All my NVIDA cards work out of the box but the AMD Cards do not. I just tested a AMD Vega 56 with 10.13.6 and it does not have any acceleration, the same in 10.14.6. The Vega 56 should work OOB, but it does not with my Clover settings. I did the complete guide step by step and everything works like it should with supported NVIDA cards but not with AMD cards. Does anyone have the Z820 running with a Radeon 56, 64 or the new VII?

Is there something in the config I have to change?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.58.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.57.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-05 um 23.57.04.png

I attached my clover folder and just did a fresh install, but it does not work, no support for the AMD cards with this EFI folder. Does anyone have an idea why NVIDIA cards are working and AMD does not?

Hopefully anyone has time to help me, thank you.

CLOVER.zip

walter77 Mac Pro.iojones

9 hours ago, walter77 said:

I attached my clover folder and just did a fresh install, but it does not work, no support for the AMD cards with this EFI folder. Does anyone have an idea why NVIDIA cards are working and AMD does not?

Hopefully anyone has time to help me, thank you.

CLOVER.zip

walter77 Mac Pro.iojones

I got it working. It took me many hours and it was just a custom bootflag in my config.

The custom flag for Dual CPUs from the guide caused the error with the AMD cards.

After removing "-xcpm-ipi" it worked. Now my system works again under 10.14.6 and it's faster then before.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-06 um 10.36.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-06 um 10.40.04.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, walter77 said:

I got it working. It took me many hours and it was just a custom bootflag in my config.

The custom flag for Dual CPUs from the guide caused the error with the AMD cards.

After removing "-xcpm-ipi" it worked. Now my system works again under 10.14.6 and it's faster then before.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-06 um 10.36.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-06 um 10.40.04.png

Is it possible to get a second AMD GPU working as a rendering GPU for Davinci Resolve? With 10.13.6 i had 2 1080ti working without any problem. Installing a second GPU will show me the GPU under system information but it's not usable by the system. What would be the right Clover settings?

config.plist

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 9:24 PM, Rocky12 said:

Got two Radeon VII working with the help from the Hackintosh Forum (thanks to Chris for the hint). I don't know why, but i had the idea to see if the cards will work with Windows 10 and thy did. So i extract the DSDT under Windows 10, did all the patches from the Great Guide and everything now works perfect under 10.14.6 Mojave. The old box is still running really smoothly...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-07 um 17.28.42.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-07 um 17.42.52.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-07 um 17.50.21.png

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, walter77 said:

WTH.... I',m shocked. That is completely unexpected. I can't understand why that bootflag screw up with the grahic card. Do you have cpu PM ? Some user reported that without that bootflag cpu doesn't get PM (with dual cpus)

Edited by bilbo

3 hours ago, bilbo said:

WTH.... I',m shocked. That is completely unexpected. I can't understand why that bootflag screw up with the grahic card. Do you have cpu PM ? Some user reported that without that bootflag cpu doesn't get PM (with dual cpus)

Yes i think i have PM, Intel Power Gadjet shows me that. Just to clarify, i removed the custom bootflag "xcpm-ipi" and activated "KernelXCPM" in the Clover Kernel and Kext Patches (Clover Configurator). So it's still there, but only this way it's booting up with AMD cards. And don't set RadeonDeinit, cause this will not work with dual AMD cards.

I have been searching about that. I've just discovered that there is an specific patch for ivy called "KernelIvyXCPM" :|. Is that the patch you are talking about?

P.S-What intel power gadget version do you use?. All version I've tested are not compatible with dual processors.

53 minutes ago, bilbo said:

I have been searching about that. I've just discovered that there is an specific patch for ivy called "KernelIvyXCPM" :|. Is that the patch you are talking about?

P.S-What intel power gadget version do you use?. All version I've tested are not compatible with dual processors.

I will give you the infos later this day and i can send you my EFI if you want to.

I will give you the infos later this day and i can send you my EFI if you want to.

Your EFI might be of use for me too since I got trouble to get my dual 2687 v2 to run with PM. (high sierra so far but I might try to get Mojave running at some point).

6 hours ago, walter77 said:

Hi Bilbo,

attached is my EFI (only left the important things because of 10MB limit).

This EFI does work with dual Radeon VII, Dual E52697 V2 and Z820 V2 BIOS 03.94.

I installed the GFX cards in Slot 2 and 6.

Thanks for your great guide!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-08 um 21.52.04.png

Z820-V2_Bios_0394_Dual-E5-2697-V2_Mojave_Clover_5119_Mojave_Walter77.zip

IMG_2611.JPG

• Like 1