[Guide 2018] Z820 - HIGH SIERRA, The great guide (Sucess)

bilbo

607 posts in this topic

Hi Antonio,

Thanks about your note guide.

1. Done - have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. (is this the same as "turn on" ?)

2. Done - copied original file to safe

3. FAIL - Can't open perl script "AICPMPatch.pl": No such file or directory.  

=> Do I have to install Perl or do I have to download that script from somewhere ? Or is this script in what directory ? Trying to run from home dir.

For last questions about PM, I think , (only I think) you don't need use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to stop PM and boot without KP during update (or install) mojave,  until patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Enabling aicpm patch in clover should be enough. To clarify:

No pm patched, aicpm clover on--> no KP

No pm patched, aicpm clover off --> KP

pm patched , aicpm clover off ---> no KP . In fact, with PM patched , it doesn't matter if aicpm clover patch is on or off. That is because I recommended in the guide keep it always activated, to cover both cases.

But again, I don't know if it's an specific mojave problem. It just a note.

About PM patching process, indeed, if you read the guide, every Os version has its own links to original patches guides. This is for 10.12 and this is for 10.13 (note the title) but I think it's only for the step n.1 , for v1 cpus , and this not your case. The step n2, has been the same patch since el capitan. So I think it should work.  To apply it, after download the patch (it's included in the stuff folder), you have to go in the terminal window where the file was downloaded ( cd command) and then execute the perl command. You don't need anything else. It's explained in the guide! ;)

And don't forget check bios options. There is one option to enable/disable the PM from the bios. It's explained in the guide also. All is explained in the guide!!  .. always !! :whistle::lol:

The rest of steps are important,of course the ssdtPRGen.sh step.

Let us know how was going.

Edited by bilbo

Hi,

Tried on Saturday and messed my system... :( Noob in action !

The ssdtPRGen.sh didn't accept the mode custom parameter and also didn't like the -cpus parameter, complained about them and stopped.... Well I gave just the ssdtPRGen.sh and it found wrong values from somewhere and probably thought that I have only 1 CPU, tried to cancel and answered to every question with N. After that when Booting, had Mojave starting problem. So I installed the hole Mojave again, no problem as No software installed yet and also not "registered" my Hackintosh with Apple (No AppleID yet), I want to get my desktop work Ok first.

User "Xeon" from my CPU's.

And after Re-Installing Mojave and Updating it (1.55GB) I took 1:1 disk copy in HDU Dock (SSD -> HDU) so IF I mess again, I can just make "restore" with my 1:1 disk copy in dock again...

So, Now tried again...

-Clover AICPM patch activated, marked that

-Removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext totally

-BackUpped that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

-Actually BackUpped the hole /S/L/E directory  :)

Followed the 10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 2 (As I have 2 x E5-2695 V2, Ivy Bridge EP)

-So DL that "AICPMPatch"

-Executed the script

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

Output:

found wrmsr at 90e7, patched
found wrmsr at 919a, patched
found wrmsr at 91b0, patched
found wrmsr at 92ce, patched
found wrmsr at 9bef, patched
found wrmsr at a634, patched
found wrmsr at aa42, patched
found wrmsr at 102dc, patched
found wrmsr at 11723, patched
found wrmsr at 12808, patched
wrmsr found: 10
wrmsr ignored: 0

10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 3

-DL that "LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext.zip", automatically extracted and copied it to /S/L/E as guided

10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 4

-DL that "install.command.zip", automatically extracted (??) 

THIS PART DIFFERS FROM "own notes" help guide received in help replies in above, skipped everything from point 5. onwards) !!

As the 10.13 PM guide doesn't say what to do with this "install.command" I just took the leap of fate and executed the command :unsure:

Well it actually started this ssdtPRGen script and did automatically something (??)

Output:

Last login: Sun Dec  1 12:02:06 on ttys000
Morpheuss-Mac-Pro:~ xeon$ /Users/xeon/ssdtPRGen.command ; exit;

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.6 Copyright (c) 2013-2019 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

gDataPath: /Users/xeon/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G1012)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2695 v2 @ 2.40GHz'

Warning: No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!
     Using assumed Scope (\_SB) {}

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
Ivy Bridge Core E5-2695 v2 processor [0x306E4] setup [0x0a01]
With a maximum TDP of 115 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 48 (Core Frequency: 2400 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 8 (2500-3200 MHz)
Number of P-States: 21 (1200-3200 MHz)
Injected C-States for C000 (C1,C3,C6)
Injected C-States for C001 (C1,C3,C6)
Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 3)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014]
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/xeon/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 827 lines, 20801 bytes, 312 keywords
AML Output:    /Users/xeon/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 5715 bytes, 148 named objects, 164 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Do you want to copy /Users/xeon/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml? (y/n)? y
Password:
cp: /Extra/ssdt.aml: No such file or directory
Do you want to remove the temporarily mount point (y/n)? y
rm: /Volumes/EFI: No such file or directory
Do you want to open ssdt.dsl (y/n)? y
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Thats why I skipped all those steps received in previous help replies as I "think" this did the same automatically ??

Followed the 10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 5

-DL that  InsanelyRepairPermission and executed that, got error that -rt is invalid Volume. Was unable to "touch".

So I gave that command only with -r parameter:

sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -r /Volumes/Mojave_SSD

It went all those files through and "repaired" permissions, I don't put the Output here, too long file list...

And that's it.

So I didn't do that Clover/F€ dump and I didn't copy any ssd or .aml files from anywhere to anywhere, not even to my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/... And didn't use that MaciASL thing (?). One reason is that I didn't see any /Users/Xeon/Library/... directory at all in Mojave like you mention in HS Guide (is something changed in Mojave?). I do see /Mojave_SSD/Library/... and Mojave_SSD/System/Library/...

I took the risk and loaded your ready compiled AppleIntelInfo.kext from Your Stuff folder (as I don't have Xcode installed, No AppleId yet to download it or how to use it - Noob). And tested with it like you mention in this HS Guide PM part.

I DL kext "in", Opened Safari and watched some videos from youtube. And then checked the Info "cat ..."

Output:

Morpheuss-Mac-Pro:Downloads xeon$ sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat
AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.
logIGPU..................................: 0
logCStates...............................: 1
logIPGStyle..............................: 1

CPU Ratio Info:
------------------------------------------
Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 24 (2400 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 32 (3200 MHz)
P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
CPU P-States [ (12) 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 21 23 (24) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 19 21 23 (24) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 19 21 22 23 (24) ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ]
Morpheuss-Mac-Pro:Downloads xeon$

So I think it's all OK now for CPU PM to work ??

I don't know does the system PM now know that I have double Xeons or did it only do this for one CPU ?

"About this Mac" tells anyway correct -> "Processor 2 x 2,39Ghz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5"

OR Did I mess again, Noob failure and I have to take this CPU PM creation again ?

I still do have that ssdt file as text copy (just in case, attached) as this "install.command" opened it to me...

I also noticed that what ever the ssdtPRGen.sh script did - meaning creating a new patched ssd-file, I have NO IDEA where it saved that ?? I also don't have any /Users/Xeon/ssdtPRGen directory or anything related to that name... Weird, is it Mojave (different than HS) or me (Noob) ?

I will now reboot my Hackintosh and do the AppleIntelInfo.kext "test" again to be sure...

ssdt copy.txt

Hi Ragimund.

A lot of things to comment: :rolleyes:

First, following the order of the guide:

A-

On 12/1/2019 at 1:22 PM, Ragimund (HP Z820) said:

I took the risk and loaded your ready compiled AppleIntelInfo.kext from Your Stuff folder (as I don't have Xcode installed, No AppleId yet to download it or how to use it - Noob). And tested with it like you mention in this HS Guide PM part.

.... perfect. I guess that it's secure, but I prefered warn about the risk , just in case.

B-

So, Now tried again...

-Clover AICPM patch activated, marked that

-Removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext totally

-BackUpped that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

-Actually BackUpped the hole /S/L/E directory  :)

Followed the 10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 2 (As I have 2 x E5-2695 V2, Ivy Bridge EP)

-So DL that "AICPMPatch"

-Executed the script

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

Output:

found wrmsr at 90e7, patched
found wrmsr at 919a, patched
found wrmsr at 91b0, patched
found wrmsr at 92ce, patched
found wrmsr at 9bef, patched
found wrmsr at a634, patched
found wrmsr at aa42, patched
found wrmsr at 102dc, patched
found wrmsr at 11723, patched
found wrmsr at 12808, patched

10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 3

-DL that "LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext.zip", automatically extracted and copied it to /S/L/E as guided

... perfect. The output of the log is OK. So far, everything is OK

C-

Now, here you start to do wrong things ;):

10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 4

-DL that "install.command.zip", automatically extracted (??) 

THIS PART DIFFERS FROM "own notes" help guide received in help replies in above, skipped everything from point 5. onwards) !!

As the 10.13 PM guide doesn't say what to do with this "install.command" I just took the leap of fate and executed the command :unsure:

Well it actually started this ssdtPRGen script and did automatically something (??)

I wrote in the guide:

On 10/7/2018 at 8:56 PM, bilbo said:

That’s all. Ignore step 4 and step 5 from the link.

So, when yo repeat the proccess, just stop in step 3 . 

D-

After step 3 , the important is repair permissions and rebuild cache. This is the only step that can ruin your system, (and reinstall , or recover your system) because we are modifying S/L/E. The rest of the guide only concerns to clover, and clover folder, and it can be easily fixed in error case.

Followed the 10.13 Ivy Bridge E PM Guide, from step 5

-DL that  InsanelyRepairPermission and executed that, got error that -rt is invalid Volume. Was unable to "touch".

So I gave that command only with -r parameter:

sudo ./InsanelyRepairPermission -r /Volumes/Mojave_SSD

It went all those files through and "repaired" permissions, I don't put the Output here, too long file list...

I don't use InsanelyRepair Permissions. I don't know that error. Maybe it has problems with Mojave. I use other utlity (I'm not in front of my computer now.). I'm outdated whit this, sorry.  I don't know it you could reboot ok after that. Try to search a 100% secure method to repair permissions /rebuild cache in Mojave and test it before of make any modifications to any internal kext. When you get it, you will complete successfully this part of the PM guide. 

E-

Now, the ssdtPRGen script. First, In your first output you have a clear error, mentioned in the guide: (No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!)

Output:

Last login: Sun Dec  1 12:02:06 on ttys000
Morpheuss-Mac-Pro:~ xeon$ /Users/xeon/ssdtPRGen.command ; exit;

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
             v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
             v15.6 Copyright (c) 2013-2019 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

gDataPath: /Users/xeon/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G1012)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2695 v2 @ 2.40GHz'

Warning: No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!
     Using assumed Scope (\_SB) {}

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]

The rest of the next problems doesn't matter now. As a general advice, don't go ahead with the guide with errors in previous steps. It will give you no sense errors and it will drive you crazy.  So , focus in fix that. In the guide is described how do it but you ...

So I didn't do that Clover/F€ dump and I didn't copy any ssd or .aml files from anywhere to anywhere, not even to my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/... And didn't use that MaciASL thing (?). One reason is that I didn't see any /Users/Xeon/Library/... directory at all in Mojave like you mention in HS Guide (is something changed in Mojave?). I do see /Mojave_SSD/Library/... and Mojave_SSD/System/Library/...

...:rolleyes: 

Recheck the guide. You have to do clover/f4 dump, grab the ssdt dumped, copy it to desktop, rename it,  and run the script.  

from the guide:

• So: If you didn´t it , you need extract the ssdt again. Reboot and press F4 in clover boot screen.

You will find the acpi tables in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/ORIGINAL.

• Copy the SSDT1-cpu-def file and the apic.aml file to desktop. Rename the ssdt to dsdt.aml. It’s fake, of course. We will cheat ssdtPRgen. Now, we are ready to generate the script. Delete them when you finished the process.

About where is the ssdt generated by ssdtPRgen, yes , it is in library folder of your user, but it's hidden by default since El Capitan. It's easy to fix. When you can access to your home library folder:

from the guide:

The ssdt is in /YourUser/Library/ssdtPRGen/. Delete the ssdt.dsl version. Copy the ssdt.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

As you can see , all is described in the guide.

F-

I don't understand this:

I DL kext "in", Opened Safari and watched some videos from youtube. And then checked the Info "cat ..."

That is for AppleIntelInfo.kext is used. You don't need another kext. In the guide is described how use it. Anyway, by your output log, of course, you don't have PM  :D

So, in short:

-don't follow steps 4 and 5 of the patches linked for patch kexts

-make sure to fix permissions / rebuild cache succesfuly for Mojave.

-follow the miniguide to fix "No ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT!" and get a right ssdt generated by ssdtPRgen. 

Then, you will be able to follow the rest of PM guide and see how is going.

Edited by bilbo

Ok, Thx bilbo for your help and clear mistakes points that I made,

helped Noob a lot...

Well, Noob learns things by doing multiple times :D

I will try again with better luck this time...

That C point was from previous hint & help from Antonio.clb " I usually follow bilbo's guide, here's a step-by-step from my own notes: "

As ddstPRGen did something that looked for me the same thing I skipped part 5 from his guide..

But I will now stick with your guide, and get back when done with Outputs.

Probably in weekend if I don't have some late evening time before...

If i wanted to follow this guide, from scratch, for mojave for a z620, what changes would I make? Just an updated clover? If I need to add a certain kext not in the guide, where would I find it?

Everything , except the kexts specific of this thread: usb3 ( mXHCD.kext ) , and  LSI 2308internal SAScontroller driver (AstekFusion2Family and AstekFusion2Adapter kexts).

Clover, of course, and the rest of kexts. I posted their original links to go to original projects. Read with attention compatibles specifications, updates, info... That is what I did to update the guide form Sierra to High Sierra.

I have my doubts about PM section ( AppleIntelInfo.kext , specific patches...). Ragimund is testig.

Hi All,

Followed you HS Guide Part V: Power Management, and got my system messed.

Doesn't boot any more :(

Rebooted, Clover Menu, Boot from Mojave_SSD

Few lines in Verbose list and then error...

OsxAptioFix3Drv: Error  ExitBootServices() 2nd Try = Status: Invalid Parameter

Tries 3 times with 10sec delay, every time same error msg and then system Frozen.

I documented everything I did into text file and it's of course inside the non booting system, writing this from my girlfriends Win laptop   :help:

I'm trying to tell again what I did...

-Booted System

-Removed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext away from EFI/Clover/kext/Other

-Marked in Clover that ACPI "Type..." something active in right bottom corner (don't remember actual name anymore) and saved config.plist again.

-Skipped, I know I run base speed

-Used your AppleIntelInfo.kext - worked before already. Rights given OK.

-Skipped

-Backed Up AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E and also copied it to Desktop.

-Patched with AICPMPatch OK. No Deltas in second check.

-Downloaded and copied Legacyx86PlattformPlugin.kext to /S/L/E.  NOT in EFI/Clover...

-Ignored steps 4 & 5 from Guide "Sandy Bridge-E & Ivy Bridge-E Power management 10.13 (Appstore release)" like you advised.

-"Rebuild permissions and cache"!! Have no idea how to do, no commands in your guide. So I used Google "Rebuild permissions and cache in Mojave" and found from first result (Travelertechie.com) following commands :

Repair permissions in /S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions) and /L/E (Library/Extensions) folders

Type each of the following commands (separately) in Terminal:

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 /L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /S*/L*/E*

sudo chown -Rf 0:0 /L*/E* 

Rebuild Kext Cache

Type the following command in the Terminal:

sudo kextcache -i / 

Restart your computer for the repairs to take effect.

Rebooted like in your Guide before step 29. But now I got this error and doesn't boot anymore...

How to fix ? :help:

What did I understood wrong this time ?

I really sorry hear that. I don't think you did anything wrong. It seems to be only a permissions/cache problem. I didn't write any specific in the guide because there is several utilities or ways to do that (apps, commands...etc). I'm not sure what is the 100% best method for every OS version , and everyone has its specific preference.

I use Kext utility . It rebuilds cache and rebuild cache automatically just launching the app. It works 100% for sierra and High sierra. This is always needed after modify any kext of S/L/E, or install any new kext.

And now, I'm realizing that maybe there is something not included in the guide, thinking in noob people. Never copy manually a kext into S/L/E (no at least using finder drag and drop). That is because this kind of utilities are used too. For instance , with this tool, the way is: Launch the app, wait to finish complete to auto repair and auto rebuild. Drag the kext to the window app. It will install it, and again, it will repair/rebuild.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the best method for mojave. Maybe other users can clarify this.

Another important thing:

2 hours ago, Ragimund (HP Z820) said:

-Marked in Clover that ACPI "Type..." something active in right bottom corner

It's important to know what kind of patches are you applying. I don't know what patch are you talking about. The right patch that I mentioned was AppeIntelCPUPM in "kernel and kextpatches" cloverconfigurator section. A wrong patch selected can give you a kernel panic. See the guide and screen captures.

Now.. to try to recover the system without re-install... to be honest, it has been always difficult to me. There is an special boot - single user- to boot under text mode and write the right commands to repair/rebuild . But I'm afraid that the KP will not let you boot normally to reach this special boot. I need some time to check how do it exactly. I always end up reinstalling after an error after install a kext in S/L/E. Before of reinstall, maybe you can ask for help for mojave and how recover a system after a permissions/cache problem.

Edited by bilbo

Thx Bilbo,

Don't do extra work there. I took a 1:1 disk copy from my SSD in Docking station "just in case" as I thought that with Noobs luck I will do still something wrong.

I will make a new Mojave in no time in Docking station again from my "backup". About 20-25min.

So that was one mistake that I made at least, copied that kext directly with Finder.

I have to download that "kext utility" and find out how to use it...

And the second is that I probably understood wrong that "aicpm clover on" thing that you mention. So it's not a thing that you can cross mark "tickle" on/off in ACPI page on Clover. It's actually a KERNEL page patch - that I think I don't have at all. 

As I sais, I'm a Noob - I managed to get by my own to Install Mojave and Boot from SSD but plenty of staff was not working and needed "patching" and that's not my expertises.

But in this same discussion topic was also another HP Z820 owner and he gave his EFI USB & EFI HDU files (patched). But he had different CPU (less cores (10) and probably only 1 CPU, as I have 12 and 2 CPU's). Everything else seems to work Ok (not sure yet about USB3.0 speed). Only thing is that NO CPU PM and on base stock speed 2,4Ghz.  The helper had the same issue, no working PM and base speed (his was 2,8Ghz)

So, I will try again...

It's the only way to learn.

My GF is asking "Why you want Apple as computer was working Ok in Windows? and you have now tried over 3 weeks already and it doesn't work" 

Well, dear... :unsure:

I have to download that "kext utility" and find out how to use it...

As I wrote it, it's easy. The point is to know how deal with mojave.

And the second is that I probably understood wrong that "aicpm clover on" thing that you mention. So it's not a thing that you can cross mark "tickle" on/off in ACPI page on Clover. It's actually a KERNEL page patch - that I think I don't have at all. 

The point of this option, is boot before of patch PM (without any nullpowerm... kext). After the patch, it's unnecessary, although it can be still enabled. I recommend keep it enable, just in case a wrong patch or not take care to share or copy the config plist at any point of the process.  It's enough explained in the guide. The important of your comment is not enable another unrelated option

[..] also another HP Z820 owner and he gave his EFI USB & EFI HDU files [..]

PM is the only thing can't be shared via folder clover copy-pasting

So, I will try again...

It's the only way to learn.

My GF is asking "Why you want Apple as computer was working Ok in Windows? and you have now tried over 3 weeks already and it doesn't work"  

In a past thread, we spoke about the number of re-install, tests, reboots . Uncountable. Even I was afraid to break the computer reboot after reboot. Some day, during el capitan years , no less than 15 times daily. Welcome to hackintosh :rolleyes:

.... women and their cold rationality .... girlfriends knows no hackintosh!! . :D

On 11/27/2019 at 11:37 PM, bilbo said:

For last questions about PM, I think , (only I think) you don't need use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to stop PM and boot without KP during update (or install) mojave,  until patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. Enabling aicpm patch in clover should be enough. To clarify:

No pm patched, aicpm clover on--> no KP

No pm patched, aicpm clover off --> KP

pm patched , aicpm clover off ---> no KP . In fact, with PM patched , it doesn't matter if aicpm clover patch is on or off. That is because I recommended in the guide keep it always activated, to cover both cases.

But again, I don't know if it's an specific mojave problem. It just a note.

About PM patching process, indeed, if you read the guide, every Os version has its own links to original patches guides. This is for 10.12 and this is for 10.13 (note the title) but I think it's only for the step n.1 , for v1 cpus , and this not your case. The step n2, has been the same patch since el capitan. So I think it should work.  To apply it, after download the patch (it's included in the stuff folder), you have to go in the terminal window where the file was downloaded ( cd command) and then execute the perl command. You don't need anything else. It's explained in the guide! ;)

And don't forget check bios options. There is one option to enable/disable the PM from the bios. It's explained in the guide also. All is explained in the guide!!  .. always !! :whistle::lol:

The rest of steps are important,of course the ssdtPRGen.sh step.

Let us know how was going.

Thanks for the tip bilbo! I've enabled it:

image.thumb.png.8d40fd80b800d6344a2fcbdfbca55081.png

I confirm that security update from Mojave 10.14.6 (18G1012) to 10.14.6 (18G2022) has worked flawlessly (3 reboots needed).

No need to repatch AICPM after update. My CPUs multiplier factors oscillates between x12 and x35 according to HWMonitor. All 40 CPUs are showed on activity monitor (Window -> CPU Usage).

I can confirm Mojave works perfectly on my Z620 by following my AICPM patching routine described early and, of course, based on your great work!

Update

Here's my AppleIntelInfo.dat after a GeekBench 5 (712 sc - 10852 mc) run (36x!!!):

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.9 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.

CPU Ratio Info:
Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 28 (2800 MHz)
Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 36 (3600 MHz)
CPU P-States [ 27 32 (35) ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 13 14 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 5 9 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 23 27 32 35 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 6 9 12 13 14 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 5 7 9 12 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 23 27 28 32 (33) 35 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 6 7 9 12 13 14 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 5 6 7 9 12 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 23 26 27 28 32 33 (35) ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 14 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 5 6 7 9 12 13 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9 12 13 18 19 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 23 26 27 28 32 33 (34) 35 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 15 16 18 19 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 17 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 15 16 17 18 19 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 23 26 27 (28) 29 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ]
CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 23 (24) 26 27 28 29 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 (20) 23 24 26 27 28 29 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 20 23 (24) 25 26 27 28 29 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 20 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 (31) 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 20 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 (35) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 (20) 21 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 (36) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 (33) 34 35 36 ]

Thanks a lot for all your efforts and contribution to the community!

Best regards.

AC

Edited by antonio.clb

Great!

So there is a hope for Noob in Mojave with Z820 :yes:

I have now reinstalled Mojave fully from scratch and Updated it, all OK.

1:1 Diskcopy didn't work backwards as the disk are not exact the same size :surprised:

The Copy one boots and works Ok (old physical HDU) but doesn't copy 1:1 back to SSD - Docking station feature. 

Well, Lessons learned again...

I'm a little nervous to start this PM "patching" again, my changes are 50/50 to success as Noob.

Still thanks to Antonio.clb and his Z620 success with Mojave I feel more lucky now.

Checked with Clover Configurator that I have that AppleIntelCPUPM marked Ok (Thanks for the picture!)

So before trying to do actually anything related to PM, I did the what XLNC asked from you, just for interest - IF these say anything to someone

or they can be used for comparing results with bilbo's output (?)

kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

36    0 0xffffff7f83300000 0x29000    0x29000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (220.0.0) E3B88211-CDA7-3E54-967A-8A8F99DC15DB <8 7 6 5 3 1>
   49    0 0xffffff7f8338e000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (220.0.0) 13A20B03-186C-3E83-9431-4E8780651164 <8 7 6 5 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y x86plat

104    1 0xffffff7f827ab000 0x19000    0x19000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) CF046E0E-4687-3674-98D0-5A8BCEE169F4 <103 70 23 14 12 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  148    1 0xffffff7f827c4000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) EB52AEA3-66F9-350B-AFAD-43E8428454EA <104 103 14 8 5 3>

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode

And then I used your AppleIntelInfo.kext (from HS Stuff folder) as it worked already Ok before.

-Gave permissions to it 

-sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Run Geekbench 5 (Trial) CPU Benchmark test, got following results.

Single-Core Score.  685

Multi-Core Score.   12231

And then checked the outcome of AppleIntelInfo.kext ?

-sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

OUTPUT

CPU Ratio Info:

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 4 7 8 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 4 5 22 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 23 24 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 4 5 10 12 14 15 17 20 21 22 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 23 24 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 4 5 6 10 12 13 14 15 17 18 20 21 22 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 5 6 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 5 6 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 22 23 24 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 19 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 (30) ]

CPU P-States [ 12 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 30 (31) ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 (30) 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 (31) ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 (28) 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (31) 32 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (31) 32 ]

So it does something ? as there are so many values ? OR not :unsure:

Base freq is 2,4Ghz and Turbo is 3,2Ghz for my E5-2695 v2

I put my PM patching now "On Hold" to see responses for this post before I try once again to get my PM working...

And thanks to all for your help!

Ragimund

1 hour ago, Ragimund (HP Z820) said:

Great!

So there is a hope for Noob in Mojave with Z820 :yes:

I have now reinstalled Mojave fully from scratch and Updated it, all OK.

1:1 Diskcopy didn't work backwards as the disk are not exact the same size :surprised:

The Copy one boots and works Ok (old physical HDU) but doesn't copy 1:1 back to SSD - Docking station feature. 

Well, Lessons learned again...

I'm a little nervous to start this PM "patching" again, my changes are 50/50 to success as Noob.

Still thanks to Antonio.clb and his Z620 success with Mojave I feel more lucky now.

Checked with Clover Configurator that I have that AppleIntelCPUPM marked Ok (Thanks for the picture!)

So before trying to do actually anything related to PM, I did the what XLNC asked from you, just for interest - IF these say anything to someone

or they can be used for comparing results with bilbo's output (?)

36    0 0xffffff7f83300000 0x29000    0x29000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (220.0.0) E3B88211-CDA7-3E54-967A-8A8F99DC15DB <8 7 6 5 3 1>
   49    0 0xffffff7f8338e000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (220.0.0) 13A20B03-186C-3E83-9431-4E8780651164 <8 7 6 5 3 1>

kextstat|grep -y x86plat

104    1 0xffffff7f827ab000 0x19000    0x19000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) CF046E0E-4687-3674-98D0-5A8BCEE169F4 <103 70 23 14 12 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  148    1 0xffffff7f827c4000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) EB52AEA3-66F9-350B-AFAD-43E8428454EA <104 103 14 8 5 3>

And then I used your AppleIntelInfo.kext (from HS Stuff folder) as it worked already Ok before.

-Gave permissions to it 

-sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Run Geekbench 5 (Trial) CPU Benchmark test, got following results.

Single-Core Score.  685

Multi-Core Score.   12231

And then checked the outcome of AppleIntelInfo.kext ?

-sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

OUTPUT

CPU Ratio Info:

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 4 7 8 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 4 5 22 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 23 24 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 4 5 10 12 14 15 17 20 21 22 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 23 24 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 4 5 6 10 12 13 14 15 17 18 20 21 22 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 5 6 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 ]

CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 19 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 (30) ]

CPU P-States [ 12 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 30 (31) ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 (30) 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 (31) ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 (28) 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (31) 32 ]

CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 (31) 32 ]

So it does something ? as there are so many values ? OR not :unsure:

Base freq is 2,4Ghz and Turbo is 3,2Ghz for my E5-2695 v2

I put my PM patching now "On Hold" to see responses for this post before I try once again to get my PM working...

And thanks to all for your help!

Ragimund

Looks like your PM is working well matey!

@bilbo what do you think about this?

2 hours ago, antonio.clb said:

Looks like your PM is working well matey!

@bilbo what do you think about this? 

I'm confused. If I'm not wrong , Ragimund didn't do the PM patch but the output seems show some kind of PM. :surprised::blink: . Geekbench 5 is not familiar to me. It seems has a new scale score. An important tool to check if cpu down or up speed is  Hwsensors + sensor kexts.

21 hours ago, XLNC said:

@bilbo can you post the output of these commands :

kextstat|grep -y x86plat

I'm not in front of my computer. I'll try as soon as possible. Just out of curiosity, what's this for?

3 hours ago, bilbo said:

I'm confused. If I'm not wrong , Ragimund didn't do the PM patch but the output seems show some kind of PM. :surprised::blink: . Geekbench 5 is not familiar to me. It seems has a new scale score. An important tool to check if cpu down or up speed is  Hwsensors + sensor kexts.

I'm not in front of my computer. I'll try as soon as possible. Just out of curiosity, what's this for?

to check if xcpm is working properly or not .

thanks !

Hi All,

Yes, I have NOT done the PM configuration/patching yet related to HS Part V: PM Guide. !!

Just installed Mojave from USB, Installed Clover to Mojave Boot SSD, Installed Update for Safari (35MB) and Update Mojave 2019-001 (1.5GB). That's All. Nothing else.

And Geekbench 5 if Updated version of Geekbench 4 test software (Win & Mac, Trial is free, no registration).

Like CinebenchR20 (Free, Full version) is Updated (& better) version of CinebenchR15 that test actual Rendering power of the system, that is used in many Mac articles and Youtube reviews...

I'm also a little confused as I have not done anything to PM but it seems that something is anyway working - or at least it "looks" like it, reality might bee something else.

I have to install those sensors and HWMon app and see is the clock (Ghz) actually changing or not ??

Meaning does it ever go above 2,4Ghz on my system ??

Still NOT doing anything to my PM before trying that HWMon app and see results...

Have to Download that Sensor & HWMon package first, is that Koslow package still the best in Mojave version ? Or do others use newer or some other version ?

3 hours ago, Ragimund (HP Z820) said:

Hi All,

Yes, I have NOT done the PM configuration/patching yet related to HS Part V: PM Guide. !!

Just installed Mojave from USB, Installed Clover to Mojave Boot SSD, Installed Update for Safari (35MB) and Update Mojave 2019-001 (1.5GB). That's All. Nothing else.

And Geekbench 5 if Updated version of Geekbench 4 test software (Win & Mac, Trial is free, no registration).

Like CinebenchR20 (Free, Full version) is Updated (& better) version of CinebenchR15 that test actual Rendering power of the system, that is used in many Mac articles and Youtube reviews...

I'm also a little confused as I have not done anything to PM but it seems that something is anyway working - or at least it "looks" like it, reality might bee something else.

I have to install those sensors and HWMon app and see is the clock (Ghz) actually changing or not ??

Meaning does it ever go above 2,4Ghz on my system ??

Still NOT doing anything to my PM before trying that HWMon app and see results...

Have to Download that Sensor & HWMon package first, is that Koslow package still the best in Mojave version ? Or do others use newer or some other version ?

You can use bilbo's HWSensors: download the stuff archive from the first page of this thread, it's in the "05 PM/01-hwsensors" folder.

Always follow bilbo's directions and include only specified kexts in your Clover folder!

You should see multipliers oscillating between min and max (x12 and x32 in your case).

Personally I'm using bilbo's kexts with HWSensors 6.26-357-gceb835ea.1800 which gives me info about SSD life.

Maybe HWSensors3 project is worth a try:

Let us know!

Edited by antonio.clb

Gentlemen, something strange is happening...

I've just made a quick check on my Mojave (18G2022) PM and it's working... OK, you'll say, what's the problem?

The odd is that PM is working WITHOUT AICPM patching!!!

Latest 18G2022 update went smoothly and PM is working as usual so I thouth AICPM.kext was untouched by this update...

I've made a check using "sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" command and it found the usual 10 wrmsr!!! AICPM is NOT patched but PM works perfectly according to HWSensors and AppleIntelInfo...

I've extracted the relevant file from last two Mojave versions and ran AICPMPatch on both.

Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:AICPMPatch antonio$ perl AICPMPatch.pl AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement_18G1012

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement_18G1012

arch: x86_64

delta: 1
00000000000090e2	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000090e7	wrmsr

0000000000009195	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000919a	wrmsr

00000000000091ab	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000091b0	wrmsr

00000000000092c9	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000092ce	wrmsr

0000000000009bea	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000009bef	wrmsr

000000000000a62f	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000a634	wrmsr

000000000000aa3d	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000aa42	wrmsr

00000000000102d7	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000102dc	wrmsr

000000000001171e	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000011723	wrmsr

0000000000012803	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000012808	wrmsr

found wrmsr at 90e7
found wrmsr at 919a
found wrmsr at 91b0
found wrmsr at 92ce
found wrmsr at 9bef
found wrmsr at a634
found wrmsr at aa42
found wrmsr at 102dc
found wrmsr at 11723
found wrmsr at 12808
Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:AICPMPatch antonio$ perl AICPMPatch.pl AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement_18G2022

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement_18G2022

arch: x86_64

00000000000090e2	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000090e7	wrmsr

0000000000009195	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000919a	wrmsr

00000000000091ab	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000091b0	wrmsr

00000000000092c9	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000092ce	wrmsr

0000000000009bea	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000009bef	wrmsr

000000000000a62f	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000a634	wrmsr

000000000000aa3d	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
000000000000aa42	wrmsr

00000000000102d7	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
00000000000102dc	wrmsr

000000000001171e	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000011723	wrmsr

0000000000012803	movl	$0x000000e2,%ecx
0000000000012808	wrmsr

found wrmsr at 90e7
found wrmsr at 919a
found wrmsr at 91b0
found wrmsr at 92ce
found wrmsr at 9bef
found wrmsr at a634
found wrmsr at aa42
found wrmsr at 102dc
found wrmsr at 11723
found wrmsr at 12808

Files are different (different MD5) but offsets are the same.

Also notice my X86PlatformPlugin version 999.9.9 from LegacyX86PlatformPlugin.kext installed in S/L/E:

Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:~ antonio$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
   36    0 0xffffff7f8219b000 0x29000    0x29000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (220.0.0) 08A60750-1932-37EB-B013-D44CF9C7AA88 <8 7 6 5 3 1>
   48    0 0xffffff7f8221b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (220.0.0) 6D0BE484-5F90-3E3E-8E24-BDDC25483DB3 <8 7 6 5 3 1>
Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:~ antonio$  kextstat|grep -y x86plat
  118    1 0xffffff7f828e8000 0x18000    0x18000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (999.9.9) 3FE47AC9-96B1-3C82-8CDB-8CC2DFBCB3CD <117 71 23 14 12 8 7 6 5 3 1>
  137    1 0xffffff7f82c7d000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) 5C294A2E-A3AC-3A73-A0E7-5E276254C04E <118 117 14 8 5 3>
Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:~ antonio$  sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count
Mac-Pro-di-Antonio:~ antonio$ sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode

At this point I think that Clover's AppleIntelCPUPM flag is suffcient at least on Mojave...

Catalina is approaching... ^__^

Edited by antonio.clb

Today I feel very adventurous...

1) performed a vanilla Catalina 10.15.1 install to a spare SSD;

2) booted with my EFI without success (KP);

3) resolved KP by borrowing AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext from AMD OS X Project (https://amd-osx.com/2019/10/10/macos-catalina-is-on-amd/);

4) booted and black screen;

5) resolved by updating Lilu and WhateverGreen to the latest versions;

6) succesfully booted Catalina (!);

7) successfully upgraded to 10.15.2 (on a totally black screen...);

8) the only not working thing is PM, I think AICPM has to be patched.

photo_2019-12-12_15-39-40.thumb.jpg.8d118078b881cefce7f48d2a672536da.jpgphoto_2019-12-12_15-39-42.thumb.jpg.deda72b558de36013bcab20b94299592.jpg

Right now I'm backing up my Mojave SSD (booted with Catalina EFI without problems) and I'm planning to update... Stay tuned!

Edited by antonio.clb