Hackintool v3.x.x

headkaze
1,057 posts in this topic

Hello! Let me first express my appreciation of what you guys are doing! 
I hope I can get some help with getting my UHD 630 acceleration working. So far I have attempted to use the FBPatcher 1.4.6 + WEG and Lilu and managed to get the OS to boot. I tried all possible PlatformId's but failed to get acceleration. I found that my system boots successfully only if Device ID 0x59120000 is used. With all other ID's I tried (including the ones in FBPatcher's Patch>Advanced tab), the boot would not complete and I got "Kextd stall[0], (60): 'IGPU'" message. My BIOS allows for setting preallocated DVMT up to 1024 MB, so I have it at 256. I also tried patching the connectors. I have a VGA plug on my monitor cable, so I only use that port. The three available in FBPatcher platform ID's that correspond to UHD 630 desktop (0x3E9B0007, 0x3E920003, 0x3E910003) have combinations of connectors that don't include Index 0, and my monitor only shows in red if the Index is 0. Tried to set the first connector to Index 0 and set type to VGA, but again no acceleration. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to change the Framebuffer flags, so I left them as they were by default. So I'll be very grateful if someone can point me where I'm messing things up and how to fix them. I attach my config.plst (latest version of Clover). Can't make screenshots, perhaps to do with the missing QE/CI, but in my kext/other folder I have WhateverGreen.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, all compiled yesterday using the script that was kindly shared here.

config.plist

Thank you very much for your reply! After some kext and cache cleanup, it booted with only the AAPL,ig-platform-id, however the display goes black and powers off immediately. I connected remotely via team viewer and the graphics were now properly recognized and QE/CI and Metal working, but in About This Mac>Displays it shows a pic of an iMac and says: "Internal display". So how do I make it send signal through my VGA port to my monitor, as it seems now it turns off the port and assumes it has a built-in display like a genuine iMac? I tried using the two other platform id's that are suggested for UHD630 but they cause kernel panic, tried using different iMac models (18.1, 18.3, 17.1) in the SMBIOS system def's, but nothing worked.

Edit: I read that VGA is not supported by macOS anymore. Could this be the problem? My monitor only has VGA port. Perhaps I should try a monitor with DVI-D at least.

Edited by blusprite

4 hours ago, blusprite said:

I read that VGA is not supported by macOS anymore. Could this be the problem? My monitor only has VGA port. Perhaps I should try a monitor with DVI-D at least.

Yes, you need to replace the monitor.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

The users do not read this manual.

In this all problem.
Without manual study, they receive chaos in config.plist

FBPatcher provokes not to study a manual.

I agree that there is a problem with users who do not RTFM. But there is always going to be that problem no matter what.

I'll be the first to admit that the documentation for FB-Patcher is also lacking. But I do plan on improving that.

EDIT: I've added a warning to the top of the first post to read the manual before downloading the tool. I've also added a link to Daliansky's tutorial in English.

Edited by headkaze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, headkaze said:

I agree that there is a problem with users who do not RTFM. But there is always going to be that problem no matter what.

I'll be the first to admit that the documentation for FB-Patcher is also lacking. But I do plan on improving that.

EDIT: I've added a warning to the top of the first post to read the manual before downloading the tool. I've also added a link to Daliansky's tutorial in English.

A little feedback if I may - I did RTFM but I still got caught out and trashed my config.plist - have deleted the patcher in the meantime and will wait for the documentation.

16 hours ago, the_gael said:

A little feedback if I may - I did RTFM but I still got caught out and trashed my config.plist - have deleted the patcher in the meantime and will wait for the documentation.

Care to explain what you mean by "trashed"? FB-Patcher should not mess with any existing settings in your config.plist. It should only add the data in a non-destructive way. Please attach your "trashed" config.plist so I can take a look. 

Edited by headkaze

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

Care to explain what you mean by "trashed"? FB-Patcher should not mess with any existing settings in your config.plist. It should only add the data in a non-destructive way. Please attach your "trashed" config.plist so I can take a look. 

I was  having a lot off reboots and crashes with H Sierra and MoJave until I used intel-FBpather now I haven't had a single reboot or crashes.Thanks A Lot headkaze great tool.

4 hours ago, headkaze said:

How is it not detecting it correctly? REL means release.

I talk about numbers after REL: version info. 

I use :

• Lilu v1.2.7 (Release 2018-09-11)
  • AppleALC v1.3.2 (Relese 2018-09-11)
  • Whatevergreen v1.2.3 (Release 2018-09-21)

Intel FB Patcher v1.4.9  displays REL 123-2018-09-21 for all kexts

33 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I talk about numbers after REL: version info. 

I use :

• Lilu v1.2.7 (Release 2018-09-11)
  • AppleALC v1.3.2 (Relese 2018-09-11)
  • Whatevergreen v1.2.3 (Release 2018-09-21)

Intel FB Patcher v1.4.9  displays REL 123-2018-09-21 for all kexts

The same thing

WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.4)
Lilu.kext (v.1.2.7)
AppleALC.kext (v.1.3.3)

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 09.00.03.png

Edited by Ukr55

I have used method USBInjectALL.kext + custom SSDT , when i switched on to this method nearly all usb works fine, instead of one on the front panel.. FBPatcher detects it correctly, its also included in kext, but after restart that port doesnt work with only USBPorts.kext

MSI Z370m Mortar

Edited by AdamiPLN

On 10/16/2018 at 8:59 AM, AdamiPLN said:

I have used method USBInjectALL.kext + custom SSDT , when i switched on to this method nearly all usb works fine, instead of one on the front panel.. FBPatcher detects it correctly, its also included in kext, but after restart that port doesnt work with only USBPorts.kext

Okay I found a bug. Turns out I need to write port-count after all. Please try v1.5.1

Edited by headkaze

Just a note to existing users who have generated a USBPorts.kext file in the past using this tool. Please run the latest FB-Patcher and export it again and the port-count will now be correct. You should not need to apply any patches etc. just export USBPorts.kext again and copy it over the previous one. Also note that newer versions of FB-Patcher name this file USBPorts.kext not USBPower.kext.

Edited by headkaze

7 hours ago, AdamiPLN said:

I can confirm it works now very well :) but im just struggling whats the different between this method and InjectAllUSB kext + SSDT?

Just a different way to accomplish the same task. I could have FB-Patcher export to an SSDT file it's just easier to use the kext approach. The primary goal is to make it easier to plug in devices to determine which ports are which. The file format is much less important.

Hi, i am having an issue with the app detecting the two USB 2.0 ports on the left hand side on my laptop, the ports work as you will see in the screenshot but does not show up in fb-patcher. Legacy USB is disabled in my bios and XHCI pre boot is set to smart auto i think. The 3 highlighted ports are internal, i just need to map the 3 ( 2 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0. HS01 & SSP1 is the USB 3.0 port. Any suggestion on what i need to change or add would be appreciated. I am using the port limit patch (might not be needed for this laptop) and have usbinjectall.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.22.43 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.31.49 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.32.17 am.png

SSDT-UIAC.aml

Edited by SavageAUS

30 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Hi, i am having an issue with the app detecting the two USB 2.0 ports on the left hand side on my laptop, the ports work as you will see in the screenshot but does not show up in fb-patcher. Legacy USB is disabled in my bios and XHCI pre boot is set to smart auto i think. The 3 highlighted ports are internal, i just need to map the 3 ( 2 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0. HS01 & SSP1 is the USB 3.0 port. Any suggestion on what i need to change or add would be appreciated. I am using the port limit patch (might not be needed for this laptop) and have usbinjectall.

You do need to remove your SSDT-UIAC.aml file before configuring ports but it looks like you have an additional USB controller and it could quite possibly need an additional kext. Can you please run "ioreg -l >ioreg.txt" from Terminal and attach it here.

2 hours ago, headkaze said:

@SavageAUS can you download FB-Patcher v1.5.5. It can now export USBEHCPorts.kext and USBXHCPorts.kext. I'm guessing that's what you need?

Downloaded, removed SSDT, Applied USB port patch...now waiting for macOS update to finish downloading then i will test.