(pre-release) macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

133 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Useful for mine?

I think no

a very simple test is if you have EIST enabled in your bios

Run cpu cinebench 15 test and check cpu frequency during test with IPG

If you have a flat line @ your maximal frequency for your all cpu cores/threads you have no need

Otherwise you can try to add in clover configurator kerneltopatch section above patch

And test again

In my experience is useful for all X99 rigs and people who have EIST enabled on it from Bios

Edited by Guest

without and with patch

see performances and power draw and also level of turbo boost

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.54.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 12.49.11 PM.png

Edited by Guest

All fine also on my rig

PMHeart Beta 4 fix are still valid for Beta 5 too (usb port limit and perfonce fix)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Mork vom Ork said:

REALLY: 128GB VRAM ???!!!???

Are you kidding?

ha ha of course not ^_^, it's just a program that fake everythings we are doing for Macs in an incoming exposure to a fair, even the chassis will be unrecognizable. Until now the only true thing is the OS version string.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2018 at 4:23 PM, WarDoc said:

im seeing zero reason to beta test from all the pages 10.13.4 was big but this is minor it seems 

I agree.

Even 10.13.3 to 10.13.5 wasn't that big. There were a couple of betas that were bad for my Vega, but overall none of the new features have made any difference to me and now I have to use lilu and vega graphics fixup to get 2 DP ports working.

The biggest advance for my system by far was okrasits method of overclocking the Vega, which the performance of that GPU was really the only reason I was using betas - hoping Apple was going to get the drivers working properly. Which they were beaten to by someone on this forum haha. 

Keeping up with betas for me is really just a hobby, or disease or something and the 10.13.4 release is probably best to run right now.

• Like 1

All fine here

PMheart patches for USB and EIST are working well also in Beta 5

1357815233_ScreenShot2018-05-14at8_01_02PM.thumb.png.caa2426f4a74139b9128ce512450042d.png

Edited by Guest
@PMheart correction (h in the final is wrong) :)