(pre-release) macOS High Sierra 10.13.5

133 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

What's error?

Not at home right now but it would go through downloading all the stuff and then ask for password for Recovery partition installation and then try to install the System partition and fail saying installation failed please see manufacturer 

Edited by Pavo

4 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Not at home right now but it would go through downloading all the stuff and then ask for password for Recovery partition installation and then try to install the System partition and fail saying installation failed please see manufacturer 

Test fine here with GPT, MBR, HFS+, both work fine,

Not test with APFS. if you get error with APFS, I think I have no ideal since I don't use APFS.

Edited by crazybirdy

No problems installing on X58 Legacy with AMD 7970.

Not noticed anything different or new yet, either.

I'm hoping they're using this surprisingly quick new beta to fix the damage they did with implementing eGPU support.  Since they did that in 10.13.4, all other external display types (eg via USB) have been broken.  For example USB DisplayLink adapters no longer work, and nor does Duet - an app that enables using an iPad as another display via a USB-to-Lightning cable.  I was using that, so am hoping this will be fixed soon.

Edited by TheBloke

24 minutes ago, Pavo said:

Can someone upload the .dmg file you get from the Apple Dev website for 10.13.5 beta 1 please.

firstly the install script gives you the link to find the DMG to both the update and the combo update.....

Secondly. public beta 1 is out.

16 minutes ago, Wackymac said:

firstly the install script gives you the link to find the DMG to both the update and the combo update.....

Secondly. public beta 1 is out.

First I wasn't asking for the update or combo update .dmg files, I was asking for the .dmg file you download from the Apple Dev site for 10.13.5 beta 1.

Secondly, That file does not include the update or combo update, it installs the necessary catalog files that will allow you to download the update directly using the App Store like normal.

Thirdly, I don't care for public beta.

• Like 1

Nevermind I figured it out

sudo /usr/sbin/softwareupdate --set-catalog https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13seed-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz

Then just run normal updates through App Store

6dhefxy.png

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

Hi guys, 

After reading the post from Pavo and using his code, I installed successfully the 10.13.5... from apple store and all is well I have internet, wifi and bluetooth and sound... I think this was the easy update of all of them until now...

Thanks Pavo for the script

Captura de ecrã 2018-04-05, às 23.44.58.png

On 4/3/2018 at 11:02 PM, RandomTech said:

Any good updates for Vega cards? is the Final Cut Pro H264 export working with Vega without IGPU?

H264 export in FCPX already works with Vega without iGPU.

Just use an SSDT to inject Kamarang (for my Vega 64 anyway) instead of RadeonFB, plus Whatevergreen, and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. That works for me with FCPX in 10.13.4.

Edited by maleorderbride

16 hours ago, maleorderbride said:

H264 export in FCPX already works with Vega without iGPU.

Just use an SSDT to inject Kamarang (for my Vega 64 anyway) instead of RadeonFB, Whatevergreen, and iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. That works for my with FCPX in 10.13.4.

Tried it and it worked in fcpx, I'm happy now because I hate to enable the crappy iGPU in my system

I hope it'll work for DaVinci Resolve, too, when I get it installed

Thanks

As side note

USB fix limit is not working anymore  (no valid the old one found by @PMHeart for 10.13.5 beta1) Working

Performance fix Is gone (no valid the old one found by @PMHeart for 10.13.5 beta1)

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 7.51.00 PM.png

Edited by Guest

Has anyone noticed anything different yet in 10.13.5 vs .4?  I couldn't spot a single thing different in DP1. Haven't upgraded to DP2 yet.

Are there any official notes published by Apple about what's meant to be different in these Developer Previews?  I guess they only go to official members of the Beta programme, but maybe someone here is a member?

Thanks

Hi all,

Update done and almost all is well, the only thing missing is audio, the rest all works as it should...

Cheers

Captura de ecrã 2018-04-17, às 22.54.30.png

Edited by MorenoAv
After installing AppleALC.kext I have sound again... all is working now...