[pre-release] macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

MaLd0n
456 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Guys,
Has anyone succeeded to install macOS 10.13.4 DP5?

All I get is the kernel error when I try to boot into the installer.

I tried to boot with AptioMemoryFix.efi Rev.16, OSXAptioFix3Drv. I tried to remove the prelinkedkernel and caches.

Yes

I update as usual via appstore
Using Aptiomemory R15 or 16 without problem

2 hours ago, d5aqoep said:

How did you manage to download Beta 5? The script is showing me dev Beta 3 only.

I used this following link to download the 10.13.4 Beta's (4) full installer and then tried to update to DP 5 via AppStore.

macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288

Edited by Cyberdevs
  • Like 1

I used this following link to download the 10.13.4 Beta's (4) full installer and then tried to update to DP 5 via AppStore.
macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288
No issues for me updating to beta 5 on skylake gaming 5 rig.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I found the problem which is in my NVME SSD's Preboot volume, the boot.efi is causing the problem.
I get the "does printf work??" message and won't let the installer boot. I just need to find a way to resolve this without having to remove the NVME from the mainboard.

• Like 1

Ok. It's done.

All I had to do was to clean install macOS on my second SSD and once the installation was complete I mounted the preboot volume on my main NVME disk and remove the folder that was causing the problem. There was a container inside and I just removed it.

I didn't even detach the Windows hdd so that has no effect on the installation process anymore.

The good thing is that I don't have the "Boot macOS from Preboot volume" in the clover GUI anymore just the macOS volume and the Recovery partition. After removing the contents of the preboot volume macOS is booting normally.

The thing is that the contents of the Preboot volume cannot be deleted while macOS is running otherwise you'll get the "You don't have permission to remove the item blah blah blah" so I booted my system from another macOS (High Sierra of course) then mounted the Preboot volume that contained the folder that was causing the problem and then removed it and so on and so forth :)

Here are the commands for performing the steps above:

Spoiler

In terminal:

diskutil apfs (Which will give you all the available commands for apfs)diskutil apfs list (Which will give you the list of APFS formatted hdd/ssd disks)

diskutil mount diskXsX (The identifier of the Preboot volume)

open /volumes (Since the preboot, VM and other apfs volumes - except the one that has macOS installed on - won't be shown on desktop and side bar if you mount them so you can see the contents of the volume)

Here is the list of the available commands for diskutil apfs

Spoiler

Usage:  diskutil [quiet] ap[fs] <verb> <options>
        where <verb> is as follows:

list                             (Show status of all current APFS Containers)
     convert                       (Nondestructively convert from HFS to APFS)
     create                         (Create a new APFS Container with one APFS Volume)
     createContainer           (Create a new empty APFS Container)
     deleteContainer           (Delete an APFS Container and reformat disks to HFS)
     resizeContainer            (Resize an APFS Container and its disk space usage)
     addVolume                  (Export a new APFS Volume from an APFS Container)
     deleteVolume               (Remove an APFS Volume from its APFS Container)
     eraseVolume                (Erase contents of, but keep, an APFS Volume)
     changeVolumeRole       (Change the Role metadata bits of an APFS Volume)
     unlockVolume              (Unlock an encrypted APFS Volume which is locked)
     lockVolume                  (Lock an encrypted APFS Volume (diskutil unmount))
     listCryptoUsers             (List cryptographic users of encrypted APFS Volume)
     changePassphrase        (Change the passphrase of a cryptographic user)
     setPassphraseHint        (Set or clear passphrase hint of a cryptographic user)
     encryptVolume             (Start async encryption of an unencrypted APFS Volume)
     decryptVolume             (Start async decryption of an encrypted APFS Volume)
     updatePreboot             (Update the APFS Volume's related APFS Preboot Volume)

Cheers

• Like 3

Today I have a spare time to test the latest macOS High Sierra Beta 5 on my Laptop

Everything is perfect here on my HP ProBook 6570B 

Latest FakeSMC V6.26 1462 and HWMonitors V6.26 1462 EFI  (google for it)  Works super  great on this laptop 

Capture.png

2.png

Sans titre.png

Edited by chris1111

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13.4 (17E190a)

Kernel Version: Darwin 17.5.0

Boot Volume: macOS

Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Disabled

Time since boot: 1 minute

Webdriver: 161

APFS.efi // APFS.ffs --->>> no verbose

Edited by Kynyo

26 minutes ago, TheBloke said:

Excellent!  Looking forward to seeing what it brings (or breaks ;) )

Didn't seem to change anything for me.

CPU has gone back to being unknown.

I don't remember saying, but the beta 5 (and also this beta 6) no longer need any Vega fixup - patch or kext, to get 2 screens on DP.

Also, it's the only weird graphics thing, since 10.13.4 I've had little squares at the bottom of about this Mac. No artifacts on any other windows.

5ab02a95d9b3c_Screenshot2018-03-2012_29_47.png.7483859245cf9f9cf4ad448581d21494.png

Edited by surfinchina

Guest ricoc90

Everything okay on the Optiplex 790, updating my other systems now.

NALfJme.png

EDIT

Running fine on my Probook and Optiplex 755 as well.

Edited by ricoc90

Beta 6 Update no issue on ProBook 6570B 

:D

Capture.png

Also no issue on my Tester Beta PC Dell Optiplex 790  :P Web Driver 161 already installed  , I have only to patch with ➤  Easy Web Drivers Patchersans_138.png

I also Update today FakeSMC  HWSensors V6.26 1463 

captu402.png

Edited by chris1111

7 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Latest FakeSMC V6.26 1462 and HWMonitors V6.26 1462 EFI  (google for it)  Works super  great on this laptop 

Wow good to see this new update. Thanks for share with us ^_^

Who are the dev behind this new version?

Beta 6 installed here on X58 legacy without issues.

Noticed a couple of minor things:

• My Philips 4K TV is now correctly detected as 4K, and not 8K  (I wish!)
    • I'm not sure if the mis-detection at 8K started in 10.13.3 or 10.13.4, but it was definitely mis-detected in 10.13.4 Beta 5 and is working fine now. 
    • (It didn't really affect much anyway, as it still defaulted to 4K resolution in Scaled mode.)
  • I can get working HDMI/DP audio on my Radeon 7970 / R9 280X if I boot with WhateverGreen installed.
    • Without it I have no HDMI, same as 10.13.3 - tested both with and without Clover's InjectATI
    • Unfortunately booting with WEG has a ~75% chance of not reaching the login screen - it hangs after the end of the Apple logo progress bar.  This problem started in 10.13.4; WEG worked fine in 10.13.3
    • So given I don't really need HDMI Audio anyway, I am not using WEG at the moment.

• Like 1

Installed Beta 6

• Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake systems still have same lag on Nvidia cards
  • Aquantia AQC107 based 10gb Ethernet cards are not getting detected.
  • AppleHDA.kext does not enable HDMI Audio for Nvidia cards.

Overall a pathetic update. Unchanged from last 3 betas. So I guess this is the new way forward.

Edited by d5aqoep
  • Like 2