Done Beta 7all is good here

Capture.png

Also no issue on Dell Opiplex 790 with GeForce GT 1030 Pascal GPU

WebDrivers 161 patch Easy Web Drivers Patcher :thumbsup_anim:

Sans titre 2.png

Sans titre.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

Beta 7 no issues on laptop except now my battery says to replace soon.

5ab9815fec58f_ScreenShot2018-03-27at9_50_58am.png.8d4abcbd2437d41e0a9acf9e7f390d35.png

5ab98160f1051_ScreenShot2018-03-27at9_53_12am.png.38365f4907ecb51c2dbba5c52423beb8.png

5ab98163409e5_ScreenShot2018-03-27at9_54_51am.png.86cc5e6e9e719ef8f9fda38a58ef06bf.png

Desktop however I had to block NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext from being injected to get to final installation stage (happening now).

• Like 1

Update done! As always and as expected, everything perfect here on the two boys! Nvda Web Patcher did the job and Web 160 works fine here. I think Apple gave up giving us a fight :yes:

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-26, às 23.23.42.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-27, às 00.12.30.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-27, às 00.15.05.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-27, às 00.15.28.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-03-27, às 00.15.50.png

Edited by Fergarth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest ricoc90
3 hours ago, Fergarth said:

I think Apple gave up giving us a fight :yes:

Ha, not today! :lol:

On the Optiplex 790 the update went smooth as usual

Spoiler

UwFTiCi.png

On the Probook the update went smooth as usual

Spoiler

olbmM6i.png

On the Optiplex 755 however, the update fails ...

An error occurred while extracting files from the package “macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg”
NSFilePath=/Volumes/Macintosh SSD/.PKInstallSandboxManager-SystemSoftware/BE532251-D324-4E77-9369-CCE971E4D4F6.activeSandbox/Root
NSURL=macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg -- file:///Volumes/Macintosh%20SSD/Library/Updates/AtomicUpdates/091-76096/
PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.update.os.10.13.4.17E197a
NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9b2c399ab0 {Error Domain=PKXARArchiveErrorDomain Code=101 "archive verify failed"

Edit: re-downloaded the update (for the third time now) but again it fails. Also "archive verify failed", but this time on Extracting the EFI Payload (?)
I also noticed that the download is only 1,8GB whereas it was 2,3GB on my other systems. Weird.

I Downloaded the full installer now, will do a clean install of DP 7 later.

Edited by ricoc90

All fine also here

applehda need a rollback for DP audio also in this beta release

Pmheart patch for USB is working

Oarksit performance EIST enabled fix made for beta by Pmheart is not working

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 12.14.27 PM.png

Edited by Guest
add some infos

13 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

I Downloaded the full installer now, will do a clean install of DP 7 later.

The installinstallmacos.py is giving me the beta 4 installer, which script or method are you using to download the full beta 7 installer?

Guest ricoc90

@Cyberdevs i wanted to say the AppStore, but ...

Spoiler

yJSIwtj.png

:P It's DP 3 I believe?

Well, a clean install won't hurt anyway.
But I'm just wondering why it updates fine on 2 of my machines, and fails with every attempt on my third machine due to "archive verify failed". Seems to me that one way or another, the install data gets corrupted. Also because it is only 1,8GB vs 2,3GB on my other machines...

7 minutes ago, ricoc90 said:

@Cyberdevs i wanted to say the AppStore, but ...

Reveal hidden contents

yJSIwtj.png

:P It's DP 3 I believe?

Well, a clean install won't hurt anyway.
But I'm just wondering why it updates fine on 2 of my machines, and fails with every attempt on my third machine due to "archive verify failed". Seems to me that one way or another, the install data gets corrupted. Also because it is only 1,8GB vs 2,3GB on my other machines...

It might have been corrupted, you can remove the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg and try again. you can find update files under the given path which are separate files and they will be installed once the download is done (unlike the combo update installers which has all the files in a single installer pkg file). Check the /Library/updates and you can check the md5 of the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg from your current system and the ones that you already updated if the files still exist on your other machines.

I'm downloading the update right now and it's half way there, but the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg is not downloaded yet, I'll give you the md5 once it's finished downloading.

Hello,

Patch NVIDIA HDMI 10.13.4

In clover

find "de 10 0b 0e" -> Find HDMI id as close as mine. you can take a look in AppleHDAController -> maybe not necessary.

Name com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

replace "de 10 0f 0e"   -> 0f 0e is my HDAU id.

Works. 

Edit: Also works with AppleALC Dev needs to replace on the fly with HDAU id found in devtree.

HDA.jpeg

Edited by FredWst
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Guest ricoc90
3 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

It might have been corrupted, you can remove the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg and try again. you can find update files under the given path which are separate files and they will be installed once the download is done (unlike the combo update installers which has all the files in a single installer pkg file). Check the /Library/updates and you can check the md5 of the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg from your current system and the ones that you already updated if the files still exist on your other machines.

I'm downloading the update right now and it's half way there, but the macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg is not downloaded yet, I'll give you the md5 once it's finished downloading.

That folder gets deleted once the update is done, so I can't compare.
Anyway, the checksum for macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg on the failing system is

MD5: 3423dc8c9a8717734f0d0166c8d3f31a
Shasum: 62baaa9d76ff7e636ec19ad0f9d20fc283012ba3

I've removed and redownloaded the update 6 times now and all times they fail; either because of "archive verify failed" (on different files), or because the needed files weren't copied over (AppStore downloads the files into /Library/Updates/091-76096/ but the files will be copied over to /Library/Updates/AtomicUpdates/091-76096/ once the update process is started and for some reason, that doesn't always happen)

Edit: Don't ask me why or how, but after the 7th attempt the update installed fine :huh:

Edited by ricoc90

No problems upgrading on X58 legacy, pretty fast upgrade too.

Can't really see anything different so far, although my GeekBench 4 Metal score was about 1% higher than I saw in earlier DPs.  Within margin of error of course.

4 minutes ago, WarDoc said:

Zero issues updating everything works OOB as normal beta 7 feels a bit faster

Is WEG working again, do you know?  It was broken for me in DP5 and DP6 (never reached login screen), but I haven't tried DP7 yet. 

Edited by TheBloke

1 minute ago, TheBloke said:

No problems upgrading on X58 legacy, pretty fast upgrade too.

Can't really see anything different so far, although my GeekBench 4 Metal score was about 1% higher than I saw in earlier DPs.  Within margin of error of course.

Is WEG working again, do you know?  It was broken for me in DP5 and DP6 (never reached login screen), but I haven't tried DP7 yet. 

dont need WEG anymore AMD gpu's just work now without any help 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WarDoc said:

dont need WEG anymore AMD gpu's just work now without any help 

OK thanks.  On my Radeon 7970 / R9 280X I found WEG fixed HDMI/DP audio in 10.13.4 - I don't get that OOB.  But on DP5 and DP6 it also stopped me reaching login screen 75% of the time.

No doubt there's some other way of fixing the audio,  I haven't really tried to fix it yet as I have a USB soundcard.  I don't really need it, just wondering.

Edited by TheBloke

2 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

That folder gets deleted once the update is done, so I can't compare.
Anyway, the checksum for macOSUpd10.13.4.pkg on the failing system is

MD5: 3423dc8c9a8717734f0d0166c8d3f31a
Shasum: 62baaa9d76ff7e636ec19ad0f9d20fc283012ba3

I've removed and redownloaded the update 6 times now and all times they fail; either because of "archive verify failed" (on different files), or because the needed files weren't copied over (AppStore downloads the files into /Library/Updates/091-76096/ but the files will be copied over to /Library/Updates/AtomicUpdates/091-76096/ once the update process is started and for some reason, that doesn't always happen)

Edit: Don't ask me why or how, but after the 7th attempt the update installed fine :huh:

I guess there's an issue with the updates, it might not be related to apple's App Store or the update servers, I had almost the same issue with the pb6 update and it was sort of like what you experienced except that there was in issue with my Preboot volume.

I had to download the update several times and I even clean installed the macOS three times to see if that changes anything.

The weird part is that once the update is downloaded completely I had to select the Install Now option from the App Store to make the installer force the system to restart other wise it would state that the update is installed and the system wouldn't ask to restart to start the installation process.

P.S

macOS detects my RX 580 as RX 480. I noticed that clover is doing the same thing. The device ID for RX 480 and RX 580 is the same and maybe that's why macOS is detecting the RX 480.

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried patching the name with clover but it doesn't work, neither the SSDT.

Edited by Cyberdevs

16 hours ago, FredWst said:
Hello,
In clover
find "de 10 0b 0e" -> Find HDMI id as close as mine. you can take a look in AppleHDAController -> maybe not necessary.
Works. 
Edit: Also works with AppleALC Dev needs to replace on the fly with HDAU id found in devtree.

HDA.thumb.jpeg.0cfbb916d370da242f7c00d7e0cfc7d1.jpeg

Have you made a post in the AppleALC section? Maybe they can include a fix?
Also @FredWst attached is an image of my ioreg for hdau can you help with find replace please.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk Pro

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.51.17 pm.png

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FredWst said:

Hello,

In clover

Works. 

HDA.jpeg

Your patch not working in mine, because my IORegistryExplorer showed it's pci10de10,10f1 instead of yours.

What patch should I apply to fix it ?

[Edit]

Sorry for my mistake!

After re-edit my config.plist it worked at 10.13.4 (17E182a & 17E197a) with AppleHDA.kext (281.51), but not working at 17E170c with AppleHDA.kext (281.52) at first. Only rebuild prelinkedkernel by Kext Utility can make it working eventually !

After repeated reboot I found that this patching is not so stable or reliable, it may lose HDMI audio from GTX-1060 without any particular reason.

The only way to regain it was to rebuild prelinkedkernel by Kext Utility again and reboot !

Thanks !

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 3.33.22 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000

2 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Your patch not working in mine, because my IORegistryExplorer showed it's pci10de10,10f1 instead of yours.

What patch should I apply to fix it ?

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 3.33.22 PM.png

In your case : replace "de 10 f1 10" 

Now Ineed to find where ID's checked in binary to bypass it

Fred 

10 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Have you made a post in the AppleALC section? Maybe they can include a fix?
Also @FredWst attached is an image of my ioreg for hdau can you help with find replace please.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk Pro

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.51.17 pm.png

replace "de 10 ba 0f"

Fred

• Like 1

@FredWst

this your finding is useful also for DP audio?

I have tried to replace my device id but it is not working (I am using AppleALC kext in my efi previously working till beta 5)

Thank you

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, FredWst said:

In your case : replace "de 10 f1 10" 

Now Ineed to find where ID's checked in binary to bypass it

Fred

Thanks for your prompt reply and help.

After re-edit my config.plist and reboot, HDMI audio from GTX-1060 works at 10.13.4 (17E197a) !

5 hours ago, fabiosun said:

@FredWst

this your finding is useful also for DP audio?

I have tried to replace my device id but it is not working (I am using AppleALC kext in my efi previously working till beta 5)

Thank you

I don't know but give it a try, attach your ioreg

Fred

• Like 1