Natit new development version with ATI and nVidia dual screen

dm_webd

803 posts in this topic

This section (Natit) have become so .. full with stuff. I well, can someone arange the forum (rearange) .. For wxample .. What is the latest natit what version ? what natit work better with nvidia or with ati ? It is like "Oh my god, is full with star ... but in this case full with black holes ... I managed to make my card to work ... but common, for a newbie is a nightmare .. so please, someone can do something ?

Thank you for this patch

I was Download 4kind file ex)Natit.kext.zip, Natit_edited.kext.zip, Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip, dualx1600natit.zip.

But I can not setup for my dual lcd (syncmaster 940bw)

always cunnel panic

I have Saphire ATI Radeon X1650 PRO Graphic card

How can i use that file? and Whitch one for my system?

Thank you so much

If you have all the latest update then natit is not for you...not work with ati...did not check lately but one update from apple which update java(?) this will make natit fail if you have ati card..

Edited by VN Man

nat uni installer by neo detects the following video card, but goes to a black screen through dvi on gui desktop startup. don't have a vga monitor to test on.

X1300 256mb (X600)

VENDOR ID: 0x1002

DEVICE ID: 0x5b62

REVISION: 0x0000

Just to let you all know, I got everything working finally!

Thanx for the help from everybody!

Using JaS 10.4.8 AMD Install with Natit Dual Displays

and AMD SSE3- yay!

The only thing I had to do was fix my RealTek 8139 PC Card- which, btw, was THE only thing that didn't work on first boot (besides the usual UDMA/2nd IDE Port thingee)

And I just have to say: 8.8.1 Kernel has been very good to me. . . :o

EDIT: I should clarify however that although I'm using the Natit Dual Displays DRIVER I actually don't have dual monitors WORKING. . .yet!

I tried to put the natit.kext into my extensions library (as I downloaded the zip and the kext file was all there was) but then restarted and it said that it was incorrectly installed, that was the ATIauto.kext.zip, and when I did the UNI installer, it actually messed up my install and I had to reformat and start over, it made the screen go blank after the apple icon disappeared on start up. I would be willing to try a new version that comes out though as I need 1280x800 resolutions, this 1024x768 is getting old, and looks bad on a wide screen. That and pretty much everything but quicktime video is playing all screwy, it is just a blank screen, then VLC shuts down with an error, so does DVD player.

FYI, I have the 10.4.8 install and I have a Radeon Mobility x300 on a Dell Inspiron 6000

I have a nVidia GeForce Go 7600 graphics card on an HP dv8000 laptop. As of now, my display works ok. OSX recgonizes it as an "unknown nvidia" display and my dual screen wont work. I can however get resolution all the way up to 1440x900. Lately, on my DVD player, I cant view the menus and on iDVD I can see any of the menu that I am working on. I think this is a problem with my display(dont ask why, ive tried all other reasons). Mainly, I want to be able to use dual screen. Now, ive tried the natit_edited.kext and it rotated my screen and only let me have one resolution. Does anyone else know of what I can do to get my system to recognize my card as a 7600 and not just "unknown nvidia"? I believe that this may solve those other display problems that I was having. thanx

how about ati 1950 pro agp? is that supported with any installer? i bought one and i used the natit 1.0 uni installer for my previous card and it works great. orignal car is a nvidia FX5500 256mb agp. how about the 1950 pro 256mb, that supported?

hello..

after install natit.kext i will only have a white screen after boot..

Geforce6200Go TurboCache

Will run Natit with this Card?

The Card is included in natit.kext

<key>0x0167</key>

<dict>

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce Go 6200/6400</string>

</dict>

C Ya

Forrest

Edited by Fst74

okay to help out i guess all the other 7300GS and 7300GT users are missing out on is dual screen. I guess i just cracked it...

Here are my working kexts: Grab them Here

now drag and drop those into /System/Library/Extensions/

Authenticate and Replace when prompted

now open Terminal and type in the following:

sudo -s (press enter)
  type your password (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/ (press enter)
  sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
 sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/ (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (press enter)
  rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache (press enter)
  diskutil RepairPermissions / (press enter)

Quit terminal and reboot.

if you get nothing on both screens first try, unplug one and reboot. then hot plug the second monitor then reboot. then it should pop up like mine did.

*the only thing that dosent work properly is mirror display mode and i havent tried svideo out*

please post if this works for you or not.

its working on my XFX 7300GS : Heres my card same make and model and where i got it.

Sorry to say, this did not work for me. I´ve never really had any trouble with anything except dual screen as far as graphics and display go. I have a 7300GS, with one VGA and one DVI with VGA-adapter.

The thing is, both diplays are active when I boot (the grey apple is cloned on both displays), but just as I get to the desktop both displays turn black, and just one then turns up with the desktop. I tried rebooting and unplugging/hotplugging as suggested, but I never get both displays running at the same time. I can however unplug either, and the get the other running if I reboot. Almost seems strange, with the card performing so well in all other respects.

Sorry to say, this did not work for me. I´ve never really had any trouble with anything except dual screen as far as graphics and display go. I have a 7300GS, with one VGA and one DVI with VGA-adapter.

The thing is, both diplays are active when I boot (the grey apple is cloned on both displays), but just as I get to the desktop both displays turn black, and just one then turns up with the desktop. I tried rebooting and unplugging/hotplugging as suggested, but I never get both displays running at the same time. I can however unplug either, and the get the other running if I reboot. Almost seems strange, with the card performing so well in all other respects.

I get the exact same problem Both outputs will work but only one at a time. Im using a Nvidia GeForce 7100gs

Single monitor Sux after using Dual Monitors

hi;

i have a fx5750-pcie card. i downloaded Natit_Uni_1.0.pkg and installed. my comp. restarted and going black screen. i also tried other drivers and solutions but i can't get any result. i tried dvi and vga ports but no luck.

i working on 10.4.8 and semthex kernel beta8. anyone using this card or shown a solution?

(sorry for my engrish)

Hello, i have been following this thread on an off for a while.

But im a bit confused about the whole thing.

I have a Thinkpad t60 with a ATi Radeon Mobility x1300 and an VGA port.

I want the use the Natit drivers with my thinkpad because i get resolution change and so on. But when i install the Natit.kext it loads perfect in -v mode but when OSX is launched the screen goes white, and funny colored vertical lines starts to appear. But if i hook it upp with an external display the laptop screen goes black and OSX launches on the external display.

I would really like for it to support my internal LCD when no external is connected and to just launch the external when external is connected. Plus, i would love to have sleep support.

Is this possible?

NEED HELP

HERE IS MY DEVICE INFO

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x00c3

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

The card is an nVidia Geforce 6800 XT

The actual display I have is a LCD AOC with DVI it supports a max resolution of 1440x900x32@60

Any help please???!!!! :censored2: :)

PS: I installed the Natit_Uni_1.0.1.pkg and crash at startup maybe some help modifing its default config to get it work. Thx in advanced!!...

I need help and I am very confused. First of all, how do I install this. Can some one provide me with install instructions, and second, which file am I supposed to get because there are so many files...some one please help me. :)

My setup follows as...

ATI Radeon X300 with 2 dell 19" analog monitors. 1 is connect to the GPU directly with an VGA connection and the other is connected through a DVI to VGA adapter. Also I am running JaS 10.4.6 Mac OsX.

Again can someone please help me!!! I am lost!! :(

Edited by kpc2593

Hi All

I just tried to apply the Neophus Natit Patch for ATI and Nvidia and ran into a problem.

I have the Public reseed of the 10.4.8 8.8.1 installed and my machine is as follows

ATI X1300 Pro Vend 0x1002 Dev 0x7142

Asrock 775DualVSTA with the Thestevo Package installed.

Pentium D 930

Etc.

After the initial install I do get CI and QE but I cant switch the resolution on the card and monitor up to the 1680x1050 or switch the refresh to 60 hz. It would be nice if I could do this otherwise my 22 inch lcd is sort of at a disadvantage.

The monitor after installing the package from Neophus the Beta I can boot into OSX86 at least through the initial rotating Apple White boot screen then the symptoms are.

Screen pops up and its just alternating purple and black lines and doesnt disappear. I get this on both VGA and DVI.

I have tried removing all the other non necessary kexts for Nvidia and such but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on how or what I need to change to get this card to play nice with the Neophus installer? Do I have to go in somewhere and change some Dev ID's? I did notice after searching in other topics for x1300 that other people have Dev 0x7146 for the x1300 but I confirmed it was correct by going into XP.

Any help would be appreciated. Would hate to go back to my ATI RADEON 9600.

Thank you all in advance this site and the members have always been great.

Ashley

Edited by latexgurl

Hello,

Sorry for the probably, "very outdated question", i'm new to this thread!!! Anyway's does Natit work older cards like the 9550?

I tried Natitedited.kext and Natit_auto.kext, but as soon as the login window loads my monitor shuts down like I just turned off my system.

thanks,

Slinger2g

P.S. I'm working with 10.4.8 with 8.8.1

Edited by Slinger2g

I have tried Natit_ATIauto.kext.zip and the system locks up just after the logon screen, the grey background stays still.

I have a Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 ID: 0X5d4f and a widescreen (1440x900) DVI monitor.

It is not listed in the Info.plist file... and i do not know how to add it, can someone help me?

Edited by daviduco

I was mistaken, my device ID it is added in the Info.plist... so i guess the problem the DVI.

I have tried lots of .kext without success, Diabolik, Natic, X1000, 9700, Callisto... i do not know what else to do :(