AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

guys i've a realtec alc883 (10ec0883) on southbridge ICH-7 (27D88086) i try the pakage alc883 v0.1 but nothing i'll try to install ALCiject and HDA kexts manually but nothing... i don't know ....what can i do???

my modo is a GIGABYTE GA-I8945GZMH-RZ chipset 945GZ thanks for the aswers

Hmm...

yesterday I had the chance to test if there is sound but I realized that there is no audio from the jacks....

I have to play around with the NodeIDs! Will let ya know if I find out something...

cYa NeoPheus

Just tell me something you guys... I saw here a version from skippyretard to 888, is it working for anyone or not ?

For me is working fine (after renaming the AppleAzalia kext). I have sound from the speakers and the mic works using the rear connector.

My mobo is the Asrock 775Dual-vsta

For me is working fine (after renaming the AppleAzalia kext). I have sound from the speakers and the mic works using the rear connector.

My mobo is the Asrock 775Dual-vsta

Hi, you want to say... "removing Azalia.kext...." , ok?

Rene

- Multi-Speaker Setup (already got 4 speakers fully working, that´s not enough)

with ALC882, the multi speaker setup (Audio Midi Setup) is avaiable ONLY if the other speakers are connected?

Hi Guys,

I have asrock conroe945g-dvi

ALC888

I downloaded ALC882 v0.4b and installed it. The sound did not work

I removed AppeAzalia and tried again but it did not work also

I downloaded skippyretard's ALC888 and installed it but did not work

I downloaded ALC888Audio.mpkg also for skippyretard (the later one) which have Realtek logo in the installation window. I choose customize and then I find that it selected the package for intel. I click next to install but I receive installation error and try again message. I went and tried again. No use. I even restarted and tried again but also useless.

I went to search for the extensions AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext but I could not find them !! So weird.

I checked System Profiler>Extensions

I did not find neither AppleHDA.kext nor ALCinject.kext

I rebooted and inserted Knoppix CD but mine is too old v.3.6 (2004) so It did not detect my sound card. I am downloading the newest version at the moment. Can someone guide me or help me please?

skippyretard, NeoPheus ? Any ?

Hi Guys,

I have asrock conroe945g-dvi

ALC888

I downloaded ALC882 v0.4b and installed it. The sound did not work

I removed AppeAzalia and tried again but it did not work also

I downloaded skippyretard's ALC888 and installed it but did not work

I downloaded ALC888Audio.mpkg also for skippyretard (the later one) which have Realtek logo in the installation window. I choose customize and then I find that it selected the package for intel. I click next to install but I receive installation error and try again message. I went and tried again. No use. I even restarted and tried again but also useless.

I went to search for the extensions AppleHDA.kext and ALCinject.kext but I could not find them !! So weird.

I checked System Profiler>Extensions

I did not find neither AppleHDA.kext nor ALCinject.kext

I rebooted and inserted Knoppix CD but mine is too old v.3.6 (2004) so It did not detect my sound card. I am downloading the newest version at the moment. Can someone guide me or help me please?

skippyretard, NeoPheus ? Any ?

The sound is NOT working for our board yet! I'm @ work atm, so I can't go on with testing!

I will finish work in 5 hours... Then I can test other nodeIDs

Wish me luck :)

cYa

Hi again,

I went to Linux and I used Knoppix 5.0.1 to get codec#0

cat command did not work so I just dragged the file and after I changed read only mounted FAT32 paritions. I got the file

I hope we can see some fruits tonight ^___^

NeoPheus I have faith in you man.

So Please don't let us wait for long time :D

codec_0.txt

Hi, you want to say... "removing Azalia.kext...." , ok?

Rene

No, I renamed Azalia.kext to Azalia.kext.old This way, for the system is no more a kext and don't load it on boot (I renamed it because I like have a backup of that kext if I have troubles with sound later)

Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while and have been using the Azalia kext with an ALC882 on my Asus A8R32-MVP board, but then finally decided to try this option. I installed the package for ALC882 0.4b, but now I have no sound at all. I looked at the info.plist in ALCInject and I noticed under IONameMatch there were only intel device/vendor IDs. Where do I need to look to find my IDs in Windows? I know that it is 10ec0882, but not there I guess. Thanks.

*EDIT*

I found the IDs I needed and replaced pci8086,27D8 in ALCInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist with pci10B9,5461 as well as the IOPrimaryMatch from 0x00008086;0x0000FFFF whatever to 0x000010B9;0x0000FFFF. I also changed in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/Info.plist the 0x27D88086 to 0x546110B9. I now have working audio output, and all the inputs and outputs show up in the sound preferences. I don't have a SPDIF amp available at the moment, so I can't try that. The audio input shows input levels from my tivo system, but I'm not getting any output from it. Also, I don't have the option to change to multispeaker output in the MIDI settings.

Here are my findings.

ALC888 ICH7 asrock conroe945-DVI

first Targua v0.4 didn't work

skippyretard second version of ALC888 failed to install

I extracted the two kexts using Pacifist and installed them manually (repaired permissions, deleted caches ...) and reboot

ALCinject did not load. I loaded it manually and loaded AppleHDA.kext as well

however AppleHDAController did not load !! I received the following msg:

sudo kextload -v AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/

can't add kernel extension AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/ (not a bundle) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

So i used AppleHDAController from Taruga v0.4 and injected it inside the AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins from skippy retard

(Thanks rene204 for this tip)

I repeated the same steps now I got all the files loaded successfully. I got Line Out/ Internal Speakers and Internal Microphone in Preferences / Sound

However no matter how I try the mic does not work and there is no Output as well.

I opened the info.plist in AppleHDA I found some difference.

Skippy retard deleted the mic boost feature and VREF so I returned them in hope to get my mic back.

Also skippyretard v2 used 20 13 3 for LINE OUT. I compared my linux dump with Taruga and the line out in my card is the same like Taruga 20 12 2 so I changed this also.

NodeID 26 was missing for Line in so I skipped this as well as I was more interested to get the mic plus the speakers to work.

I repeated the same steps (install, repair permissions...) the options but not working. It seems my codec is stubborn

Any ideas how to solve this guys ?

:D

I think I will use Azalia for the meantime .. :compress:

we do not know, but we think not.....

maybe you get kernel panics, but you can try out for yourself...

but at your own risk...

see in the first post.... taruga said.... maybe kernel panics....

I tried the 882 kexts in 10.4.8 and the new 8.8.1 kernel and it worked great.

I then tried it with my older 10.4.8 with the older 8.4.1 kernel and it would panic or hang on boot.

Thanks for testing.

A pity for 10.4.7 users..

Hi all,

anyone succeed with ALC861? Even audio oputput?

I tried Taruga's AppleHDA_guide, but it didnt work.

No luck here either. I cant get any outputs to show up.

Could someone with alc882 and has this working do a ioreg -l -w0 >output.txt then post output.txt here.

There are a couple of values in HDAcontroller i would like to check against.

Same here also, Im using ALC880 in a Asus P5GD1 mobo....made the changes as described in the guide, but any inputs or outputs in the sound pane, also nothing in the system profiler.

No luck here either. I cant get any outputs to show up.

Could someone with alc882 and has this working do a ioreg -l -w0 >output.txt then post output.txt here.

There are a couple of values in HDAcontroller i would like to check against.

New ALC888 package @ post 174....

Please test and report.

tested, still got installation error! but I manually extracted the two kexts to Extensions directory and updated kext-cache, reboot, still no sound, even not show output/input devices in system preferences! :angel: