AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

0.3b works pretty well for me on alc882 ich7 (and system has line-in too)

system has, but i not. no signal from line-in thru line-out (we need thru option!)

In any case/

Thanks Taruga, Great Work!!

you can try Roxio Toast Spin Disc Doctor..

this app can record Audio, so can choose the Input and set audio to Output (Speaker/Line Out)

here i can test mic and Line In with it...

Rene

Yes, I have no linux codec dumps from sigmatel users, somebody should start posting them too.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how can I get those info???

I have a Sigmatel 9220 and also I have a liveCD distro, knopix.

What command is used to extract?? please clarify this to me.

What command is used to extract?? please clarify this to me.

when you logged into knopix

do in a terminal:

cd /proc/asound
ls -l (and look for something like codec#0)
cat codec#0 > /tmp/alc.txt

copy the file to another computer or mount a fat32 drive or somthing else you may write on and copy the file.

reboot :-)

With the help of Rene204 and TheMaxx32000, I was able to get my ALC883 working. I will attach an installer to this post in a couple hours, as I am still working on the jack configuration. So far this is what works:

Line Out - Green

Line Out - Black

Line Out - Orange

Line Out - Front

Digital Line Out

Microphone - Rear

Digital Line In

Volume Slider

Keyboard Volume

Move AppleAzaliaAudio.kext out of the extension folder before install. This has only been tested on a Biostar T-Force 965PT use with caution and please report how it worked for you.

Doesn't work for the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3. It does show this in the sound preferences though:

Picture_1.jpg

hi, Ive been comparing versions and looking at my own way to get alc888 audio to work on my AsRock 775Dual-VSTA board and I think things should be pretty straightforward with v0.3

The thing is, I need to compare values but I don' t have anything to go on.

If someone could post working kext + matching linux codec dump I would have something to go on

It would be greatly appreciated,

plus, if I get things to work ill post a short how to...

thanks,

nik

check my post above, one has my kext and the other has my codec dump.

if you post your codec dump here I can help you make a kext for your board.

my codec dump is exactly the same as the one posted a few above my first post on page 8

I believe by mismamente

(I doublechecked)

your help would be really nice as im kinda new to this..

check my post above, one has my kext and the other has my codec dump.

if you post your codec dump here I can help you make a kext for your board.

Can you edit your kext to math ALC880?

I post Linux dump earlier, I have ALC861 But is show everywhere as ALC880 I think that ALC880 will work for most ALC861 and all ALC880

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6105

I try edit Info plist to math ICH6 and ALC880 with no luck

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;p=239343

I search binary with hex editor for 10ec0882 and 283904130 don't find nothing

I try compare Your kext with Turgas but this was to much for me, even binary part has different size, In your Info.plist files I see loots of entry that don't show earlier and I have no Idea what they do and why they are there

want enable playback via analog out how to do this ? I have M/B conroexfire ALC888 (10ec_0888)

Hi, sorry, had to go from IRC... but have a look to Post Nr. 165

Skippyretard have made a special Version for ALC888.

Download and install, in most cases, it should be working....

Rene

the ALC888 kext above is for VIA chipset mobo's. someone will need to change the hdacontroller id and alcinject id to match ich7 or whatever.... that's the easy part. it is only setup for speaker out on rear green port and mic on rear pink port. I'm leaving town for 3 weeks and don't know if I'll have internet access. I'll add more if I can.... If not, then good luck and see you soon!

*EDIT* ok, here is ALC888 package. default will install for Intel ICH6, ICH7 or ICH8, custom install has option for VIA HDA install. DO NOT INSTALL BOTH. only one or the other....

now, I'm reeeaaaallllly leaving this time. bye.....

<KEXT REMOVED>

Edited by skippyretard

Hey skippy,

I couldn't get the ALC883 version to work on my system. I tried installing it standalone, installing the package at the top of the thread, deleting AppleHDA and putting the 883 AppleHDA in its place and neither of them worked at all. I got no recognition that my computer had any inputs or outputs in System Preferences, but the ktexts did load correctly when doing a kextload on them. Also, nothing in the dmesg output.

I have attached the codec dump from my machine below. I hope you can help me :compress:

Thanks.

alc883.dump.txt

Linux codec dumps helps me a lot to understand why things don´t work on some cases.

You can use a live cd distro like Knoppix and then look inside /proc/asound

Somewhere there, will be a file named codec#0, do: cat codec#0 > /tmp/alc882d.txt

This will create a txt file with what I need in /tmp directory, then send it to me.

I will try to post a codec dump of the sigmatel 9223 after I download above liveCD.

Thanks for all your hard work!!!