AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

If it was so simple, I would had it ready for you all right now, please don´t ask me how to do it, what to edit , what to patch, etc. Give me the info I need, sound models you have and I´ll try to get it ready for you. I´m spending too much time answering questions and pm´s

Just tested.

Lineout working

Headfones working (front panel)

Microfone working (rear panel only)

But the only doubt I have is: I see microfone slider move, but I can't hear what I speak. Any other way to test or do I need to BOOST it[s sound?

Great Work TARUGA!!

Taruga, maybe you can help me, I have a ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard with a Realtek ALC882 HD audio onboad. How must i install, i can't see no audio, im kinda noob please help me what to do...

Install the new package, remove AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from System\Library\Extensions, then reboot.

Got to System Preferences > Sound, and adjust our audio and play alerts for LINE OUT then you're set.

Taruga, maybe you can help me, I have a ASUS P5LD2 Motherboard with a Realtek ALC882 HD audio onboad. How must i install, i can't see no audio, im kinda noob please help me what to do...

I would have to know what steps exactly you´ve done, so I can help you

btw, what kernel version are you using ?

You can see that in a terminal window with: sudo uname -a

Is it 8.4.1 or 8.8.1 ?

Taruga, thanks for working in others codecs, pleaste take a look on ALC861 (is used in ASUS P5GD1-VM / ICH6 MOBO) although all of the systems checks detect it as ALC880 so is posible that when you release this version we can finally use the sound as intended... :D

If it was so simple, I would had it ready for you all right now, please don´t ask me how to do it, what to edit , what to patch, etc. Give me the info I need, sound models you have and I´ll try to get it ready for you. I´m spending too much time answering questions and pm´s

Hi there,

I'm here to report exactly the same problem as General_Cartman in post #48:

on my asus n4l-vm dh with alc882m the AppleHDA.kext loads ok, the sound control works, but there is no sound at all on any output.. haven't tried the mic, but i guess its kinda useless at this time.. ;)

any ideas?

Microfone working (rear panel only)

But the only doubt I have is: I see microfone slider move, but I can't hear what I speak. Any other way to test or do I need to BOOST it[s sound?

What I can do to hear what I say over the mic?

I think I can get it to work with sigmatel too, I´m working now on ALC880 and ALC883, and maybe this weekend I´ll be working on Sigmatel

I would be extremely grateful if you can get it working with ALC883. I am longing for a mic input for music recording purposes.

:)

hey taruga, this is SG from irc, just reporting my experiences with your new kexts...

-sound-out works just fine, i can modify the volume

-sound is coming out of the green jack

-sound-in via my microphone on pink jack (or any other) isnt working

-input level is getting something when i increase the volume, but nothing is being recorded

-when i plug/unplug from the pink jack, my recording software does detect an increase or drop of some kind for a bit (only on the pink jack, so something is working)

system details:

-latest semthex beta5 kernel

-asus p5w-dh deluxe motherboard

-Realtek ALC882M High Definition Audio 8-channel CODEC (from asus site/manual)

just an update, latest drivers work great and sound-in with my micrphone is working perfectly.

What I can do to hear what I say over the mic?

If You use the Toast from Roxio, there is an App, Spin Doctor... (with an Icon like a Vinyl-Disc) Using this will allow you, to record and playback any recorded Sound... even from your MicIn

Rene

... attached you can find mine ALC861 dump.

that's little strange mine ALC861 was recognized as 880 in daper 6.06 and in Vista. Your in Linux as ALC861. In XP mine was recognized as ALC861.

I have ALC861 on chip.

From which version of Linux you make this dump?

Can someone post 880 dump

If You use the Toast from Roxio, there is an App, Spin Doctor... (with an Icon like a Vinyl-Disc) Using this will allow you, to record and playback any recorded Sound... even from your MicIn

Rene

Thanks,

Yesterday I could test it on Skype. Everything was fine, video and sound.